A Call for A Kingsmoot

Orlanth

tx56eeh1tjBHgFhW_FhoeJ53-U05XGAm68YkVkIbxEnjD54SxyNQywhXZqp4725CyQTX4deTb-E8gwKsuVo31v6QlzR6DTtSLC_JLMqiUWED2UuncPOMLayxaBkkx0PC02e0EoS4

A Call for a Kingsmoot

Issued 19 SA, 5th of Ambercold

Today, I, Donovan II Freysson, am issuing a public request for the Kingdom of Norland to call for a Kingsmoot for the potential replacement of Halvar Edvardsson. In the time honored tradition of our people, a moot of Rurics ought to be called for the replacement of a King for the betterment of the Kingdom.  

Whilst I believe that Halvar was an incredibly good King in his younger years, guiding our people through the Sutica war and Inferi war, in his older age he has grown soft and complacent. Our people have been slighted continuously since our settlement on the continent of Nyrheim. The only slight which has been justly answered was the wergild of Krugmar. Since that incident, there have been slights from The Druid Grove, The Realm of Elvenesse, The Kingdom of Oren, and most recently the oath breaking high elves of Haelunor, whom whilst under the Iron accord chose to enact crimes in the Kingdom of Norland. 

Thus, in light of the recent actions, or rather inactions, of Halvar Edvardsson I no longer believe that he in his old age is fit to hold the throne to the Kingdom of Norland. Should this moot be accepted and Halvar re-elected I shall not issue any further challenging to his leadership. Additionally, I believe it to be unfair to issue this challenge without myself being willing to take up the burden of Kingship. I hereby nominate myself as the first candidate for this moot, although I encourage other Rurics who believe they may lead our nation well to do the same. 

Donovan Freysson,  Former Marshal of the Kingdom of Norland

h8lKopMfxyjEbxA9eN51qKeGx9xPJD-VH3MBQKkLFFylIG5xa7g2SYQg8KypEhA0oJ2NORSIF4zEpkO4nFH4H4599da5E-DlrwAr82Kvo3YKTgVZjX5xwZmlxmz6GG-Vpi-bn1j0

Chieftain Hali Olavsson Kvitravn reacts with great surprise to the call for a Kingsmoot. While he obviously expected the minor Clan-on-Clan tensions, he didn't expect the Freyssons to act so boldly. "The Freyssons have always proven their strength on the field of battle, especially Donovan. My Father and Grandfather both fought under him, and perhaps I will soon as well. I must consult my fellow Clanmembers."

From within a Flamebrand, a particular Keeper would glower at the missive, declaring unto she who bore that portent of the Father;

"Halvar was tenfold the Ruric this man will ever be... There comes a time for peace, and a time for wrath. Such is the nature of the Father's Flame. 'Tis a shame such is often forgotten."

The High Keeper, still locked in her office from the previous missive from Clan Freysson, began to scream in anger.

Spoiler

QywVlww8U7zIdqogmWly1LRXjBV8HzLfv58u1Lw_ScaYHC8vtDJqwrwti7jMEAwxVDtF-XSkFogZhZzmUnt0nClC_e-t3-9OaLSP4fiau66ioccUNrni1Zfs-PRWs6mJfslKRcTH

"I ******* wake up and this is whats going on!?" says Dramyr Edvardsson Ruric, who is known to some as having been in a coma for the last four or five years. It was a wonderfully long dream. "Dont mess with my good cousin Halvar. His reign has been long and arduous and he just wishes to keep the peace as best he can. I was right from the start, Allies are a hassle." 

James Fisher keeps himself busy with the world news, upon finding this call for a Kingsmoot he frowns "Trouble in paradise? I wish them all the best."

From the Father's Halls one Elle Noctuid would light up a cig upon hearing of the calling. 

"I'm telling you Arthas, they never learn. There's a reason we got rid of, or at least tried to get rid of those things." That cig would hang loosely from her lower lip as the old High Keeper attempted to whack her over the head with his flamebrand. Such were the old ways in an era long gone. 

Edited by rukio