[βœ“] [𝐂𝐀 π‘πšπœπž π‹π¨π«πž] π“π‘πž πƒπžπ¦π’-𝐃𝐣𝐒𝐧𝐧

Xx_BloodStalk_xX

15 hours ago, Screecher said:

rly shows how good the lore is when u take yourΒ time to dwell on it instead of posting one in 3 days after a concept pops in your mind. Good job.

I feel attacked :(

Pretty cool lore +1. I would imagine optimal player count for this would be 3-5. Tbh I think it works better as event/lore chars then a full on CA just because it seems like a niche that would be difficult to maintain for 5months+ [Cursed even less if you do not ingrain yourself into another]. I think the biggest difficulty that would come w/ playing such a creature is obtaining consistent roleplay if you're a player that typically bounces from place to place.

Β 

One thing I would recommend is providing more consequential interactions w/ the Zakhrifa. Either by having a hard limit on how many Zakhrifa [req: 2 p month] you can produce and having consequences for Demi-Djinn who are betrayed by those they gift the Zakhrifa [death/temp curse status] to. For example if you build a trust and contract w/ a person and they destroy/give the Zakhrifa to someone with malicious intent. This is based on the assumption that Demi-Djinn function best as a patron/advisor type figure that build very close connections with 1-2 people.

how would appearances work for half-races? Would they be a mix of two things?

23 minutes ago, Aengoth said:

Pretty cool lore +1. I would imagine optimal player count for this would be 3-5. Tbh I think it works better as event/lore chars then a full on CA just because it seems like a niche that would be difficult to maintain for 5months+ [Cursed even less if you do not ingrain yourself into another]. I think the biggest difficulty that would come w/ playing such a creature is obtaining consistent roleplay if you're a player that typically bounces from place to place.

Β 

One thing I would recommend is providing more consequential interactions w/ the Zakhrifa. Either by having a hard limit on how many Zakhrifa [req: 2 p month] you can produce and having consequences for Demi-Djinn who are betrayed by those they gift the Zakhrifa [death/temp curse status] to. For example if you build a trust and contract w/ a person and they destroy/give the Zakhrifa to someone with malicious intent. This is based on the assumption that Demi-Djinn function best as a patron/advisor type figure that build very close connections with 1-2 people.

Β 

I agree with thatΒ assessment, it would be quite odd to have genies being a relatively common CA.

5 hours ago, Carson said:

how would appearances work for half-races? Would they be a mix of two things?

I'd say yeah, I'll go ahead and add that.

5 hours ago, Aengoth said:

I would imagine optimal player count for this would be 3-5

Β 

Nah this is 100% true and we're aware of it, but not everyone is always active and toΒ play the CA right you need to be willing to be active in multiple communities.

Β 

[Cursed even less if you do not ingrain yourself into another]

Β 

The purpose of the Cursed Djinn system is to offer more roleplay to creed-breaking rather than just pking someone outright for not playing the CA right (kind of like how reincarnation doesnt hand your characterΒ immortality on a silver platter), so the survivability of it wasn't our main priority - simply of how we can make it as interesting as possible in the short amount of time they have left.

Β 

I think the biggest difficulty that would come w/ playing such a creature is obtaining consistent roleplay if you're a player that typically bounces from place to place

Β 

I agree. It's definitely a high-risk/high-reward type niche, but I wanted to write it nevertheless just to see what'd happen.

Β 

One thing I would recommend is

Β 

I think that this is a really interesting take on the Zakhrifas. The reason why I didn't bother offering more to any of the current systems you see right now is because (and I'll be honest here) Demi-Djinn is already way too long and fairly complicated if this is someone's first. I wanted to make sure it was as easy as possible to understand but still offered enough to give sufficient, long-lasting roleplay.

I'll definitely be thinking more about it and don't be afraid to approach me while we're in VCs together if you want to talk about it more bro

I am not looking forward to reading all of this in the review...Β 

Honestly, like this lore a lot. But I hope we don't see 60 Djinn CA apps if it gets accepted. I feel this would be an epic thing that should not be tainted by having it be something super common.

Β 

4 hours ago, SoulReapingWolf said:

Honestly, like this lore a lot. But I hope we don't see 60 Djinn CA apps if it gets accepted. I feel this would be an epic thing that should not be tainted by having it be something super common.

Β 

That's the plan yeah, I'm going to try to make sure that it doesn't become extremely watered down if it gets accepted. Instead subtle and notΒ every RP interaction becoming an Aladdin Fan-fiction.

This Lore has been accepted. Moved to Implemented Lore, it will be sorted to it's appropriate category soon. Please note that if this is playable lore, such as a magic or CA, you will need to write a guide for this piece. You will be contacted regarding the guide (or implementation if it isn’t needed) shortly.