[PK] Sarah Napier - Death of a Half-Breed

Urahra

Spoiler

Nooo I loved your character. She was so sweet and pleasant to see in oren and i think you should bring her back, dont PK to smelly orc roleplay. ):

2 hours ago, Qizu said:
  Hide contents

Nooo I loved your character. She was so sweet and pleasant to see in oren and i think you should bring her back, dont PK to smelly orc roleplay. ):

Spoiler

big agree, i wrote my pk for haskir but decided it wasnt worth a pk because it was literally just a completely random cbow bolt to the head that i had no option but to react to. look at your character art and all your skins and weigh the value on a scale alongside how much you enjoy the character, but dont feel forced to pk if it's just orc whitewash/halfbreed killing rp. respect either way ❤️

Spoiler

OOC:

Eh, let me explain my logic a little bit more.

This wasn't just me deciding to make a random trip to Krugmar. It had a lot of build up in roleplay. Sarah wanted to know what happened to her friend Joanne and to understand why a human would abandon human society to live among the orcs. It also caused her to reckon with her her own orc heritage. She wanted to learn more and understand herself on a deeper level. So this incident ended up being the conclusion to a character arc that had been extensively roleplayed.

Idealistically, I wanted to do some "child of two worlds" RP where Sarah could embrace the two facets of herself and learn to harmonize them. Note that I said 'idealistically'. I know it was a lot to hope for - and it was far more likely that she'd just get beaten up and kicked out of Krugmar. But I wanted to give it a fair shake. One of the old Rexes told Sarah that she was welcome in Krugmar if she ever decided to learn about her orc half. 

Instead, it ended up with Sarah being killed in front of Joanne. 

It would have meant weird things for Joanne's character development if Sarah just came back from the dead. This wasn't just a random kill on the road with no witnesses. It was in front of Sarah's only friend  - a person with whom I planned to interact regularly. It would have been weird and uncomfortable Joanne to witness Sarah die in such a violent manner, then for Sarah to just be fine.

In addition, Sarah was just kind of a dead-end character. There was no possible way for her to advance further in Oren. She couldn't hold down a job. People harassed her and belittled her constantly. She had no friends and no marriage prospects. There was just no opportunity for character development. 

I was hoping perhaps I could advance her RP a bit more if she started exploring Krugmar. Unfortunately, this interaction sealed off any avenues of roleplay among the orcs. I wouldn't be able to go back to Krugmar on Sarah. If Sarah lived, she'd just continue being a dead-end character with no hope of development in Oren. There are very few other nations she could go to, since orcs and half-orcs face widespread discrimination.

So in the end, the best option seemed to be PK. 

I don't like it. I was hoping for something different. But after weighing my options, this was the only viable conclusion I found. 

I appreciate that you guys liked Sarah, though, and I'm sorry this is a sad conclusion to her RP. But after this, I didn't really see a path forward for her character development. At the very least, now her death can be used as character development for Joanne and others.

Spoiler

It could have gone either way, sorry you met one of the dumbasses. <3 nice post  as always Urara

Spoiler

((Love you, Bubbles, but don't meta. This post isn't a publication containing public knowledge - it's just an RP post about her death.))

2 minutes ago, Urara said:
  Reveal hidden contents

((Love you, Bubbles, but don't meta. This post isn't a publication containing public knowledge - it's just an RP post about her death.))

Spoiler

whoops!