Basic Treatment For Dummies: I

MissToni

Basic Treatment For Dummies

Book I:

Infection

Infection, the killer of many descendants and animals alike. It shows no mercy and can sneak up on you when you least expect it. So the question is, how do you prevent one from happening?

Well first of all, what is an infection? An infection is when your body is exposed to harmful dirt or fungus and it begins to fester inside or outside and can cause unwelcome symptoms like for example; fever, sweating, pain, harsh bowel movements, loss of limbs and if not treated it can lead to… Death. The exposure can happen due to contact with feces, skin contact, ingesting contaminated food or water, touching an object that has been touched by a carrier of the infection and exposing wounds to unclean or unsterilized hands, objects, water or ground.

I would not go bathing in that mud with your exposed wound if I were you.

Section I: Cleaning Wounds

If you notice you have gotten a scratch from a fall or from being pricked when picking up roses for your friend; Wash it clean. This can be done with any sort of drink with a high alcohol percentage - for example vodka or carrion black. You can also use water that has been boiled, but alcohol is better. Keep clean cloth and bandages on you in a satchel in case needed. Follow these simple steps to properly clean your wounds;

Step 1: Get a clean cloth and pour some carrion black on it.

Step 2: Rub your wound gently with the carrion black.

Step 3: Wrap a clean bandage over to avoid dirt and other things from getting into the injury.

Step 4: Change bandages twice a day, when you wake up and before bedtime.

Step 5: Go to the clinic if you notice or suspect an infection has festered. DO NOT TREAT IT YOURSELF UNLESS A LICENCED MEDIC AS YOU CAN MAKE IT WORSE.

If someone or yourself has gotten a deep cut and you are far away from a clinic or a hospital. Simply clean the wound with carrion black like listed above and wrap it with bandages before you hurry them or yourself to get treated. Infection can begin to set in less than an hour and it will prevent cutting of infected flesh. If the injury is life threatening just rush to the hospital without cleaning it, wrap it up in bandages and keep pressure on the bleeding until a medic takes over for you. DO NOT STOP UNTIL THE MEDIC TAPS YOUR SHOULDER AND SAYS THEY GOT IT.

Section II: Contamination

Boil any water that will be used for consuming drinks or food. This is to prevent getting an infection from contaminated food or water and is often more common than infection from simple wounds. Along with the boiled water, make sure to keep uncooked meat separate from your vegetables and other ingredients for your food. Kitchen tools should never be mixed when uncleaned, the meat knife for the meat and vegetable knife for the vegetables.

Section III: Fungal Infection

Fungal infections most of the time happen because you do not properly dry yourself after bathing, getting your feet or other body parts wet and not allowing them to dry allows fungus to grow and fester. These infections are easier to miss due to few symptoms from your body itself except for the area the fungus is on, but can end up in amputation if not treated depending on the type of fungus that has grown and how bad it is. So maybe you should listen to your mother when she tells you to bring an extra pair of dry shoes when going out in the rain or into the swampland. 

Written by:

HRH Prinzenas Katerina Ceciliya Barbanov, 

Assistant to the Surgeon General of Haense

A particular Elfess would nod in approval at such a missive!

Aobh would read the guide over with a nod of approval. "Very well written, but I never expected anything less. She's simply a fantastic medic."