Defending Oppressors

7 hours ago, FunOnTheBun said:

God this is the problem with the LotC community. Even if this was a threat, even if this was some big bad racist move, even if this man had an image of the parents house with his gun and a sticky note saying "I am going to kill them all" this isn't a god damn LotC matter.

Spoiler

Spoiler

ding dong ur opinion is wrong

"it has nothing to do with LOTC so its fine" is just an excuse to protect sincerely awful and terrible people

would you say this about a pedophile too? stop it

now that I remember you're the dude who frequently made a play on the nword in roleplay by referring to wood elves as twiggers so I'm not surprised you're saying this 

Well damn, I accidentally deleted my message so I need to retype this not as well and faster.

Here is rule number 2 of our General Rules for LoTC:
Do not troll, cyberbully, harass, slander, or threaten players in any way on any medium, including Discord, Skype, Teamspeak, etc. If you feel unsafe or unwelcome due to the actions of another player, please email safety@lotc.co

My opinion is that this is a stupid rule yadda yadda I dissagree with it.

I completely disagree with what you're saying. It's the job of Moderation to moderate harassment if it pertains to players that are members of the LotC community and the reason they're speaking to each other is a result of them both being part of the community. On top of this, sometimes players are banned if a legal court has given a restraining order or some other settlement like that. This is often the case in crimes of a sexual nature. Whilst it doesn't need to be settled in a legal court, if an illegal, toxic, or immoral action happens on the platform, it's the full right for those with the authority to moderate the platform to punish users accordingly. JokerLow, although not Moderation, was still approached by Trenchist regarding a staff-related duty whichbeing the wiki. After dealing with Trenchist's wiki request with no hesitation, it was Trenchist who turned the conversation into one of politics and ethnicity, even acknowledging its irrelevance. Therefore, it's perfectly reasonable to say that this took place on LotC given that it was initially in regards to the LotC wiki with the Wiki Caretaker. I also think that it was perfectly reasonable for JokerLow to deny further access to Trenchist's account given his blatant insensitivity and honestly prejudice towards JokerLow's background as a Palestinian because we don't appreciate intolerance on our platforms to begin with. The server is by no means political, and is intended to remain apolitical, however it is clear that Trenchist acted in what can only be said as both political and racial prejudice. I support this perspective of mine, not only with the actions displayed by Trenchist here, but with the knowledge that I've been informed of recently that he is a proud Israeli who has also spoken in a discriminatory manner about Palestinians in the past in private discord as well as purposefully being toxic and edgy. We can see this just by looking at his prior Minecraft username history in which he has called himself "_fascist". Therefore, I don't think it's fair to say that anything about what Trenchist did is a miscommunication and it's just pure prejudice. While I do think that JokerLow was permitted in doing everything he did and had the right reason to do so, I do think that the rushed "No IDF" reason was questionable but understandable if it was intended to be changed at some point.

On a side note,

10 hours ago, FunOnTheBun said:

this is someone who got scared and hated someone for their political standings and their affiliation with another government and used whatever little power over something they both shared to punish them.

I'm convinced that what you're saying here is honestly based on personal political bias rather than any intention to promote the community's rules because in a past comment that seems to be hidden now you describe yourself as a conservative Jew, and then go on to use emotional language here, calling JokerLow scared as reaction to what can only reasonably be interpreted as being taunting, intimidation, or a death threat by an IDF member; all of which would not be allowed within the rules.

I believe that the situation with the wiki was dealt with and over, and the conversation switched to something off topic as you have stated was recognised. This whole political conversation should have been dealt with in private matters as Trenchist has been doing as you have stated, and it was still and off LotC matter. People should have the right to have their opinions, especially in a situation like Israel and Palestine, without having to worry about getting banned. To suggest that this is based on my political opinion is kind of stupid. I think that Israel, although a legitimate nation, does do the naughty naughty bad warcrime every week so don't bring my opinions into this especially when all I've argued about was the idea of keeping **** in private.

8 hours ago, JokerLow said:

Alright, so let me tackle this response. Firstly, this would've never happen if I were to ignore a ping asking me to help Trenchist with his wiki account, thing that I never ignore since its part of my many duties as Wiki Caretaker, a volunteer job that I love doing. So this conversation would've never happened if me or him wouldn't be part of this community. Second of all, if Trenchist would've kept this professional, not saying that I did since I confessed to being very unprofessional when blocking his account, he wouldn't have asked me that many of off topic details, as neither of us know each other and me doing my job as Wiki Caretaker was the only reason me and him ever spoke, so to say that this is not a lotc matter is pretty wrong. This issue was solved privately for some time, until I was contacted by Llir only to be told that I was wrong and basically being walked on by the others after my decisions was overran. To say that this should've bought to authorities is pretty ignorant, I'm not sure how much of my post did you read, but lets say that theoretically I'd be to do that, where would I file a complaint? In my current country of residence? Palestine? Israel? Well I can't do it in neither of those and let me explain you why. Romania has little to anything to do with Israel, if anything my case would be turned away since I'd have to file it in Israel. Palestine? Well impossible, Trenchist is not a citizen of Palestine. Israel? Well if I were to do that, what would be a civil complaint would most likely find its way into the military court as most of palestinian cases end up there in Israel, not saying all of them, but a really large amount of them end in their military court. I'm not questioning your morals, but your logic, which is completely wrong. As many people pointed out, if this were to happen to an administrator the person in cause would've been permanently banned on the spot. But let us give an example, aight? Say theoretically positions were switched and after Trenchist would've helped me recover my Wiki account I would ask him "Irrelevant question btw, are u jewish?" to which he'd respond to me by "yeah, israeli" followed by him asking me in return "are you palestinian?". If my response would've been the same as Trenchist's, which was by sending me "Greetings from across the border habibi" with an image of a military grade rifle attached to it, I would've been 99.9% instantly banned for targeting a member of the community, harassment and branded as being anti-semitic, thought that encouraged me more to do this post as a way to expose the double standards we live by and not even realize doing so.

As stated above I think the conversation went away from the Wiki. I do submit to my illogic, after researching the topic I know that it is a futile effort. But I still stand that this was not something to deal with on a minecraft RP, I mean really what are you going to do? Take some outlaw justice and remove him for a few months from a singular source of his entertainment? I digress, it seems that all people focus on is the supposed threat made so I'll throw my hat into the ring. It was not a threat, he greeted you in a friendly way and showed you a picture, he didn't say anything about going across the border and attacking you. And if your positions were switched, you would be sure to have me arguing at your side if people were calling you anti-semitic and calling for your ban.

3 hours ago, Unwillingly said:

"it has nothing to do with LOTC so its fine" is just an excuse to protect sincerely awful and terrible people

would you say this about a pedophile too? stop it

now that I remember you're the dude who frequently made a play on the nword in roleplay by referring to wood elves as twiggers so I'm not surprised you're saying this 

The man is a soldier, probably an immature draft, in a country that has a lot of propaganda, get your western viewed ass out of this conversation. I adopted that word from another server and I remember quite well a lot of people in those elves accepting the term, hell I remember the word "twig" being in a book about Orcish slang as pertaining to elves. If you want to argue about this off topic situation, do it in my DMs FunOnTheBun#2020.

How is sending a picture of a rifle a simple "miscommunication" according to the Administration Team? o_o Because that's why I understood after reading this thread.

I just can't understand this american culture of "guns are okay" (probably because I'm european and I find that barbaric, idk)

Gun are erm, kind of rad actually. I think that it is a misunderstanding because it was not a threat, was not supposed to be taken as a threat, and should have not been treated as a threat.

Banning someone from the Wiki out of anger  and... sending someone a picture of a gun and a ‘joking’ threat out of the blue are two very different things? Why are we treating it like it is the same thing?

1 minute ago, libbybelle said:

Banning someone from the Wiki out of anger  and... sending someone a picture of a gun and a ‘joking’ threat out of the blue are two very different things? Why are we treating it like it is the same thing?

his thread is about the decision to revoke a wikiban of someone who made a "threat" of a community staff member. So they are related.

I seem to recall an incident with another admin, I will not mention her name. I don't think it's too far off for the claims being made to be true.