A Royal Nomination

The Media Wizard

youngfox.png

A public letter is displayed throughout the entirety of Elvenesse. The unmistakable seal of the Young Fox, Amaesil Vuln'miruel, is placed directly upon the parchment. Furthermore, individual copies are sent to each member of the Council of Elvenesse and other friends. The letter reads as follows.

divider.png

To my kin—

I have decided to put my name forward for the position of High Prince with the nomination provided by Celiasil, the Lord Marshall of Elvenesse.

In the past three elven days, I have been approached multiple times about undertaking this challenge. Furthermore, my name was suggested at two separate seed meetings by elves I consider incredibly close to my heart. The faith that was instilled in me by those who have spoken to me in recent days has led me to accepting my responsibility to stand up when called upon.

I am a young elf. I was born and raised under the care of the wood elves, though, and take their teachings and ideals with me. In a time of crisis, I formed the Wardens to help organize and establish moral warriors of Amaethon within our lands. In a time of peace, I led the people of this city on crusades against dark creatures and the sirens of Balion. I do not know if leadership is the quality most desired in a High Prince, but it is a quality we need. It is a quality I have.

I have stood on the battlefield with many of you. I have sat in the tea house with many others. I am a husband to my wonderful wife and a father to my son. I am a druid of the Father Circle and a teacher of the martial arts. I have made many decisions in my lifetime — some bad and some good. I have made great friendships and sullied many others. I am not the perfect ruler or the most orderly; however, I am the leader who cannot and will not stop in my pursuit to bring prosperity and strength back within our borders.

I invite any elf to speak with me. Seek me out should you require it.

AMAESIL VULN'MIRUEL

High Warden and the Oak Druid

Spoiler

Hey, folks.

This is the Out-of-Character portion of the post for those of you interested. I have been an active member of the elven community for many years. I have had my admitted faults and clashes with members in the past, but I am confident that my previous post to the Elvenesse Discord (A Response to Zilldude-ism) addresses most concerns revolving around the scummy rumors provided by a player who has been banned.

If anyone has OOC concerns with me running for this position, please contact me immediately. I would like to settle anything that people may find necessary before continuing with this. Thank you.

"Amaesil, huh?" muses Eir'thall upon seeing a copy. "No doubt weaker compared to Evar'tir, who leads with an iron fist. I'd know." he chuckles, rubbing his neck. "I fear that we will be burdened with an indecisive leader when we are in dire need of a strong one, capable of taking quick action and choice." 

Zolvan Vuln'miruel smiles widely while reading this missive! Proud of Amaesil, the hopefully soon to be high Prince!

Oryl looked upon the notice with a curious grin, a silent nod of approval was all that followed. 

Evar'tir regards the bulletin with a haphazard loft of his pauldrons. "Good for him, if he makes it to the Chiefsmoot."

A jaded mali’aheral would cock an eyebrow as he read the parchment, his ocean blue visage scanning the page curiously. 
“I do believe the aptly named ‘Tyrant’ would serve Elvenesse better than this man.. regardless, I suppose we shall see what happens.”

A proud mother gazes over the notice with a nod of her head, then continuing off with her vulpine companions.

Vallein Vuln'muriel smirks as read over the document before a quiet mumble escapes his lips. "We all have a role to play."

James Peregrin would look at the message on display, thinking to himself. Normally, things such as this went in one ear and out the other. Not this time, however, as the title of “High Prince” sounded really cool to him.

“Well, teh toitle o’ ‘oig’ preence dus sund vereh cuul. Soeh dus dis gueh’s naem! Oi vote fer ‘eem... er w’a’evah teh fawk.”

He’d exclaim, before looking around at the empty surroundings that was the Elvenesse notice board at his sides. How sad. He simply shrugged, and continued about his day.

"Either we vote for the distinguished tyrant, or an audacious reformist with a sharp political mind." 

Olórin Telemnar chuckled in amusement, rolling up the scroll.

"Well, the choice seems rather obvious..."