A Certain Mann's AMA!

Mannamannaa

Hey there everyone! I've been on the server for around a month now, and wanted to start an AMA as a neat way of reaching out. I have passions for music, anime, D&D/RP in general, Sci-fi, and tons of other neat stuff, so feel free to send a question my way! You can also OOCly ask about Kor'garr if you want! 

What is your favorite book of all time?

What do you think of these tracks?

20 hours ago, LithiumSedai said:

What is your favorite book of all time?

Ooooh, That is a very, very difficult question. I am a huge fan of both Fantasy and Sci-Fi, so I have a lot of options!

I guess my favorite would not just be a single book, but the start of a trilogy, with The Paradise War by Stephen R. Lawhead. It is a wonderfully crafted start to an epic involving two graduate students, time travel, Celtic myth, and some of the best character development I have ever had the pleasure to read! The Song of Albion trilogy as a whole is amazing, but this first book holds a special place in my heart with how real the main characters' reactions are to the fantastic events they find themselves involved in. Think about how it would be if you were dumped into the Celtic version of fantasy Camelot. 

If you prefer Sci-Fi, though, my first reaction would be to toss you a lovely little book called Phule's Company, by Robert Asprin (Coincidentally the author of the Myth series). A lovely comedic romp about the era of widespread galactic governments and the bumbling space military/police corps needed to manage them, complete with a Tony Stark-esqe riot of a main protagonist in the recently-"promoted" Captain Jester... And of course, the Phule series has 5 more books after that, each as hilarious as the first.

Thanks for asking about it!

19 hours ago, champ said:

What do you think of these tracks?

Huh, haven't heard either of these before!

I really like the Drum and Bass background audio in Think abt it, though I do feel like the lyrics were a bit muddy. It's a very chill piece though, despite it not being from a genre I listen to often!

Full Blown Meltdown was great, very much reminding me of bands like Rage Against the Machine or Cage the Elephant with the frantic anger! I enjoy a lot of Alt rock, Punk, and the heavier music genres, so I might have to look into PUP sometime! Thanks for recommending these to me!