Corrupt Red-Tag AMA

ScreamingDingo

OH GOD NO

when are you gonna unshelf Hou-Zi and revive Metzli?

Also when are we getting guns? it would add a lot to my immersion...

Khajiit Officer by TheLivingShadow | Steampunk animals, Skyrim art,  Character art

I remember you once very adamantly told me in the Lore Discord that if you obtained ST Administrator, you would absolutely and unequivocally shelf the Kharajyr as a race (which you already attempted to do alongside Snow Elves, deleting Fenn, shelving Hou-zi, Wonks, and reportedly attempting to shelf Strigae and other closed CAs). Is shelving this race or other races still on your agenda? This is a hot topic item and a lot of people are wondering. 

I think you can be a dope ST Admin but I also believe and know you to be a very biased staff member with a clear "vision" for the server that many other players do not agree with. I could count on multiple hands the number of questionable things you've done in the past, so my question comes based off of the sheer volatility that is possible with you in the position. Hoping you will be a dope ST Admin. I believe you can be. Don't be the antithetical version of Flam, because I also know you can be exactly that and that's just cursed if you were. 

When are you putting the Dark Elves out of their misery?

please shelve

Who were your role models (for good or ill) in Aegis? Asulon? Anthos?

At what point did the Marked Men officially die in your mind? Do you believe that spirit of roleplay can and/or should be revived?

4f6e2077686174206d61726b206f6620746865206d6f6f6e207368616c6c2074686520476174657320657870656c207468656972206d6573736961683f

The red tag is like the ring, you will seek to do good with it, but it will corrupt you no-matter.

jkjk

favourite lore piece?

favourite event that someone else has ran?

23 hours ago, monkeypoacher said:

what is the #1 problem with lotc's setting, from your perspective

I personally believe the backdrop and origins for LotC are absolutely perfect for what we need. The biggest issue isn't really with the setting but the lack of general cohesion the server has had for the last decade which makes alot of things quite jarring and out of place when looking at current LotC.

Just annoying when doing most things is that you're really set on following those original intentions very vaguely when writing and planning storylines.

23 hours ago, Screecher said:

pleasepleaseplease stop doing my mother it is inappropriate stopstopstopstopstop

okay you asked nicely.

23 hours ago, Lionbileti said:

6d4069990b23f89e53a1a0d9850368b5.jpg

When are you going to visit providence ;)

when $120 appears in my paypal

23 hours ago, Narthok said:

when are you going to let me play the lich king

find out irp

22 hours ago, Achaean said:

how long do you estimate before the absolution of power corrupts absolutely

and is there a specific design in mind for the way **** is conducted that you wish to impose in the long-run?

Squak and I have had absolute power for the last year, I'm already too long gone.

There's alot of things I really want to impose in the long run, mainly around events and antagonists and how they're approached by the server as a whole. War is another issue I want to tackle aswell with a few other things so we'll see where we go with that.

The main thing I want to 'impose' is probably a shift in writing styles for lore, at the moment its getting to a point of ridiculous where we're being submitted dissertations with absolutely no substance and just flowery writing. It makes it insanely jarring for LT and /IF/ such a piece is accepted, actually learning to use that magic through the lore and your teacher is very difficult to do.

22 hours ago, altiar1011 said:

How do you feel about being in the saddle of the red tag?

It's not too bad, just a few extra responsibilities.

22 hours ago, GMRO said:

guns, but on LOTC. ?

Not yet.

22 hours ago, Pup said:

How to make something interesting on LotC.

Make it what you want to be, the main thing is just driving yourself to do things you enjoy and that you will keep enjoying.

22 hours ago, Lhindir_ said:

The future of Striga? 

They shall stay as they are, doing whatever they want. I know I have very open biases against the current striga playerbase because I believe it has 'fell' from grace. But if they're active enough to not be shelved for inactivity, I can't really do anything but let them do what they're doing now.

22 hours ago, Gusano said:

hey gmro, just letting you know that this is an ama (ask me anything) and as such anything put on this thread should be phrased as a question, which your comment was not. please follow appropriate guidelines next time.

anyway, what is your grand plan as story admin, dingo of the screaming sort?

Crashing this plane with no survivors.

22 hours ago, JokerLow said:

can we add guns? they would help with my immersion

f0de63d0ec7a2988d04b66b9283d0fdb.jpg

no

21 hours ago, FamilyGuyMoment5 said:

how did it feel WE'ing fenn

Therapeutic 

21 hours ago, Evonpire said:

How will you handle Heerozero (Garrett, Remerom, other Aliases include Crumena)'s lack of Paladinism rewrite.

How I've handled Heerozero the last decade, by screaming at him until he eventually does something.

20 hours ago, ARCHITECUS said:

is we getting handguns

mb145-1.jpg

one day.

20 hours ago, Roguechaotic said:

Three questions actually, What ways do you envision improving Story Team, and with Ulmo passing the torch as Ive found two event sites from Ulmo will those just be non-existant now or would you or another ST take over them? and finally whats a lore piece you believe doesnt get enough love.

The Story Team is in a really good spot and has been for a while I believe. There's no real radical changes in improvement I want to do, just want the status quo kept with a few quality of life changes that will make the team better as a whole.

Yes, there are a few event sites I may be reallocating across the team. Some of them are sensitive in their content and the trust necessary for them may mean they are not ran again.

Absolutely love the concept and past histories of Shamanism. It's current iteration and anything post-lore games doesn't do it justice.

19 hours ago, firespirit44 said:

thoughts on opening a ST academy?

Tempting.

18 hours ago, Laeonathan said:

OH GOD NO

when are you gonna unshelf Hou-Zi and revive Metzli?

Also when are we getting guns? it would add a lot to my immersion...

Khajiit Officer by TheLivingShadow | Steampunk animals, Skyrim art,  Character art

Hou will not be unshelved and Metzli will stay dead just for the sake that alot of foundational stuff has been built off her death instead of just acknowledging they were dead in a forum post.

No cat gunslingers.

11 hours ago, Ryloth said:

I remember you once very adamantly told me in the Lore Discord that if you obtained ST Administrator, you would absolutely and unequivocally shelf the Kharajyr as a race (which you already attempted to do alongside Snow Elves, deleting Fenn, shelving Hou-zi, Wonks, and reportedly attempting to shelf Strigae and other closed CAs). Is shelving this race or other races still on your agenda? This is a hot topic item and a lot of people are wondering. 

I think you can be a dope ST Admin but I also believe and know you to be a very biased staff member with a clear "vision" for the server that many other players do not agree with. I could count on multiple hands the number of questionable things you've done in the past, so my question comes based off of the sheer volatility that is possible with you in the position. Hoping you will be a dope ST Admin. I believe you can be. Don't be the antithetical version of Flam, because I also know you can be exactly that and that's just cursed if you were. 

You're fantastic at starting the rumor mill Ryloth, as always. Things that are shelved are either irredeemable from fixes in a lore perspective or inactive, that's what used to judge as such prior and that's what is going to be judged with me in the seat. Nothing changes, if I really had such an agenda, the closed CAs you're talking about months ago would've been shelved already. Red-Tag doesn't give or enable me more power to shelf things, its business as usual.

I'd say I'm opinionated, my biases aren't really that apparent in my actions and I'll say that unironically. I also did help prod flam along to start the Lore Games, so take what you want with that information and decide how my tenure will go.

8 hours ago, Luminaire said:

When are you putting the Dark Elves out of their misery?

please shelve

why lol

5 hours ago, Zarsies said:

Who were your role models (for good or ill) in Aegis? Asulon? Anthos?

At what point did the Marked Men officially die in your mind? Do you believe that spirit of roleplay can and/or should be revived?

4f6e2077686174206d61726b206f6620746865206d6f6f6e207368616c6c2074686520476174657320657870656c207468656972206d6573736961683f

In Aegis, it would have been SimonBane. Him and his occult roleplay foundations with the undead sects were something I genuinely appreciated as a kid.
In Asulon, it was probably Archmage_Cataris. Or the old big lich boy, he introduced me properly to magic roleplay and also was an aussie who helped me build alot of my foundational philosophies about roleplay and how to do that.
Anthos was crazyguy1916/Paul/Whatever you want to call. 3.0 was when I joined the White Rose and basically cemented my roleplay to what it is today.

It's hard to pin-point, since I had an extreme amount of hope to eventually revive it for years. I believe it officially died in my mind (but I didn't acknowledge it), was probably when Freema officially took over and started the medallion meme when he was high up in staff. So I'm fairly sure that's Stag School/Fox. A bunch of undesirable players who were the antithesis of the philosophy surrounding the marked got it and basically trashed any and all reputation it did have.

The main thing I enjoy and still love from the Marked Men is that Spirit of Roleplay. For many of us, it was the introduction of high stakes events and overall being able to respond to conflict without any complaints and taking whatever happens in roleplay. The idea of PKs across the board for the characters, where we enforced them in events but also tried to enforce them for the characters as a whole, where it was one death = gone. It's a very nice training thing to be able to actually teach people how to be better with conflict as a whole, there were very bad things about it but I feel like the core of the group was just teaching people what dynamicism actually is.

3 hours ago, Wizard of NOZ said:

The red tag is like the ring, you will seek to do good with it, but it will corrupt you no-matter.

jkjk

favourite lore piece?

favourite event that someone else has ran?

cosmic correction

Probably was Freema, when the second generation of Blood Mages were launched through events and we did a massive antagonist back and forth to try and stop them from 'appearing' on the server. Was a very nice dynamic to track and do.

20 minutes ago, ScreamingDingo said:

The main thing I want to 'impose' is probably a shift in writing styles for lore, at the moment its getting to a point of ridiculous where we're being submitted dissertations with absolutely no substance and just flowery writing. It makes it insanely jarring for LT and /IF/ such a piece is accepted, actually learning to use that magic through the lore and your teacher is very difficult to do.

Gee thanks for calling me out :(

Will you ever impose forced hiatuses for ST and, if so, how can we avoid them?

24 minutes ago, ScreamingDingo said:

You're fantastic at starting the rumor mill Ryloth, as always.

96cd4613a9d72709604cc8dd4758efeb.png

We'll see then.

1 minute ago, Ryloth said:

96cd4613a9d72709604cc8dd4758efeb.png

We'll see then.

Cute compilation, but Khas have lore and knowing my own biases I exempted myself from voting against the Remnant Kha that Benbo wrote. Which they passed and actually did 'save' them away from such a shelving.

1 minute ago, ScreamingDingo said:

Cute compilation, but Khas have lore and knowing my own biases I exempted myself from voting against the Remnant Kha that Benbo wrote. Which they passed and actually did 'save' them away from such a shelving.

Check the date. That was June -- my rewrite, not Benbo's. Benbo's was sheer limit and a knee-jerk reaction post to your widely-debated and biased vote pressed up to Riftblade. But alright, Joel.

I still think you can do some good as ST Admin. Could be one of the best, and I hope you do be.

how is your day going so far?

what is one thing you're nervous about, now that you've been made into admin?

what is one of your biggest sources of inspiration when it comes to developing a character or even a storyline?

what is one of your favorite book series and why?

what are your thoughts on me?

hope you had a fun weekend!

what u think of moi

favorite event you've done

least favorite event you've seen

favorite group you've been apart of

fav genre of music

Now that you're Story Administrator-  please represent Australia on the server a bit more to a wider group of people with your newfound power, I  also expect Vegemite Crafting [Feat] and TimTamancy lore posts to be finished soon enough, not to mention Emus as a Playable Creature, when might this get done?

Favourite Character you've ever had the privilege of playing?

Favourite Event Character you've ever played?

Things we can expect from your tenure as admin? 

But in all seriousness, very cool to see you become a corrupt red-tag, hope it goes well for you buddy