Picrew Dump Thread

Hazmstadt

A place to share all of your picrew creations! Don't have a picrew? Why not? Here are some good links!

Girl Maker

poicon maker

djarn's character maker

BAYDEWS avatar maker v1 and v2

fantasy girl maker

Fantasy Hero Creator

Fantasy Character Maker (deerinspotlight)

Fantasy Character Maker (Kiasherria)

RPG Classic

Icon maker

Edited by bunnyeatsmoss

The problem with the Picrew avatar makers is that if you try making a guy, they will always look feminine to some extent. It's a decent website, but you can tell that it's primarily for feminine characters.

kindredel be like 'can i braid your hair?'

image0.png

image0.png

image0.png

image1.png

Edited by bunnyeatsmoss

personal recommendation: if you want art of your character that badly that you have to go off and make something unique [like a picrew] instead of finding a decent but not one hundred percent accurate, find the means to get an art piece. i remember many years ago when i was younger i was incapable of buying art and used to use older sites much similar to what picrew serves for these days. as long as you don't make it a spending habit and restrict yourself to one or a few pieces that'll satisfy you, and you're smart with your money hopefully [most lotcers are not], it's much more worth it than making a picrew.

find yourself an artist that's willing and happy to take your commission, and go for it instead of this, it only takes so many picrews before the practice becomes redundant and you just have dozens and dozens of picrews you're not really fully satisfied with

7 hours ago, Mordhaund said:

personal recommendation: if you want art of your character that badly that you have to go off and make something unique [like a picrew] instead of finding a decent but not one hundred percent accurate, find the means to get an art piece. i remember many years ago when i was younger i was incapable of buying art and used to use older sites much similar to what picrew serves for these days. as long as you don't make it a spending habit and restrict yourself to one or a few pieces that'll satisfy you, and you're smart with your money hopefully [most lotcers are not], it's much more worth it than making a picrew.

find yourself an artist that's willing and happy to take your commission, and go for it instead of this, it only takes so many picrews before the practice becomes redundant and you just have dozens and dozens of picrews you're not really fully satisfied with

Nobody is arguing to never commission an artist for a customized piece. I think it's incredibly rude of you to come into a thread meant to promote positivity and come down on us for using a free resource rather than spending the money on something we may just not be able to afford. You don't know anything about our income, disposable or not, so don't assume we can all just save up to buy art. Maybe you aren't satisfied by picrews, but don't push that onto other people. Thank you and good day.

10 hours ago, tea with Gwyn said:

Nobody is arguing to never commission an artist for a customized piece. I think it's incredibly rude of you to come into a thread meant to promote positivity and come down on us for using a free resource rather than spending the money on something we may just not be able to afford. You don't know anything about our income, disposable or not, so don't assume we can all just save up to buy art. Maybe you aren't satisfied by picrews, but don't push that onto other people. Thank you and good day.

that was never my intention, and I'm not trying to dissuade your promotion of positivity here, and I don't see how I'm coming down on anyone using Picrew, and I made it clear as a recommendation to buy art at least once, as in my personal experience, it's gratifying to do. i mentioned that when I was younger I was incapable of getting art, and it was for that very reason - lack of income. there are, however, ways to save money, of course, so the income is irrelevant, simply if you want to get art, you can save for it, it will simply mean it may take more time to be able to commission the art. or, if you have no income at all, save up money you get from your parents or something. 

however, my intention and statement in the original post was clear; if you want to get art, which, i have no doubt in my mind anyone who enjoys using picrew WOULD like to get art, you'll be able to acquire the means to do so if you have the means to play LoTC in the first place, whether by saving over time, etc. anyone who wants to buy something can buy it - it's just a matter of time is all.