Declaration of War | 13th of the First Seed 22 SA

Zhao Zilong catches news of the upcoming war in the San Xiong Di residence within the city-state of Yong Ping. He'd let out a heavy sigh before turning to face his comrades, new and old. 

"War is on the horizon. There is sales to be made - let's get to work, brothers."

Luka Bishop sharpens his blades in preparation for war.

An nine year old Charles Darkwood ignores the rumors, continuing his menial chores throughout the day.

Carlos Mendez frankly doesn't care enough to pay attention, but still sighed at the sight.

Mera Camian thrust her fist into the air. "Finally! I thought ve vere never going through vith it. Iron from Ice!"

Mika Uialben once again looking out of his office's window after a rather pleasant day at the masquerade hosted earlier perks up a brow at the missive that had landed on his desk "hmm.. thought it'd be better if this missive was for the entire coalition instead of each signatory declaring war on their own terms." the elf seemed to shrug at this as he'd pick up a mina and hold it up against the southern sun "though i guess it's all about getting a point across. It's time to make some profit" he then proceeded to get out of his chair, ready to get the grinders back to producing equipment to auction off indiscriminately

"Amazing! Norland sends some guy into Oren to cause a mess and then they use their own people's stupidity as a casus belli. I wonder where I've heard this story before." Remarked the Countess of Halstaig "Oh how history repeats itself. . ."

A thin, quite pale elf adjusts his glasses, his eternal small smile growing, teeth bared as he grins in delight at the prospect. 

“Where war goes, the crows follow. The cycle cannot be broken, and thus the ravens feast.”

From the Father's Halls Alyssa would watch the world below. Her father as well as her twin, though dead, had never joined her in this afterlife, both of them trapped in undeath on the mortal realm or in Ebriates. Forlorn had she been, at first, but it had been fifty-two years since the back of her skull had been shattered on that fateful day in accursed Helena. Fifty-two years since a peaceful retrieval of her body and twin had been attempted by her mother's people. Fifty-two years since Oren had failed her, the glassy eyed youth. Ten years of age at death, never had she aged in the afterlife. 

Peace in our time. She scoffed. Her parents had always said that phrase, most Orenians did. Her death and the subsequent horrors were proof enough to her that it was a lie, a joke without laughter. The stories told by the hearth fire by warriors before her time only further confirmed her belief. Oren didn't want peace, they never had. It was a thinly veiled lie so that they could play the victim in all wars to come. Alyssa shed a singular tear. Not for the lives that would be lost, she knew the All-Father would welcome his chosen into his Hall with open arms. No, that singular show of emotion was a display of the grief she held, that she would not be able to join her kin on the battlefield against the tyrants.

"Iron from Ice."  Said she, coldly, hand clasped over her heart.

"Iron from Ice." Came the resounding war cry of those who had fallen both before and after her time. 

Jarl Jolfrey sits on a stool, listening to the fireplace crackling and the crickets chirping while he polishes his bronze luristan sword - a relic from AIS War, "Well, just like old times". He places the polished sword in his scabbard and takes a step outside, feeling the crisp night air of Norland around him, "War, war never changes."

Leopold would cringe at the news "How dare they! what about the social season!"

Joseph d'Azor smiles the suns smile as he affixes his sword to his belt "Every century the barbarians must be taught a lesson, they must know their place in this world, they speak of honour and victory, but sometimes they forget how many times their nation has been ground into dust by the might of men." Joseph smiles as he joins the line "What's one more, maybe they'll get the message this time around?" 

17 minutes ago, Taketheshot said:

Joseph d'Azor smiles the suns smile as he affixes his sword to his belt "Every century the barbarians must be taught a lesson, they must know their place in this world, they speak of honour and victory, but sometimes they forget how many times their nation has been ground into dust by the might of men." Joseph smiles as he joins the line "What's one more, maybe they'll get the message this time around?" 

"Aye, perhaps you can show us the skill you had in the Sutican war." Vane says remembering Oren losing spectacularly even with Haense on their side.

Lukács Drăghicescu would bring his fresh caught fish to the markets of Urguan, He'd look at the Letter sent from Norland with a smile "Now I shall ge vengance for my Brat Alastair, For his Cursed Uncle sent him to reeducation for simply seeing the light of Oren's Treachery. Now we Await the Command of the Grand King and Granj Vojvoda, then we shall send the Orenians to the depths of the void" he'd state dropping his produce into a stall "Za Vasoyevi!!!" He'd Exclaim as he walked home to his Caravans

Reading a copy of the declaration, MoJ Sergeant Charles Walker looked over the document with dismay "I told them" he muttered "I focking told them this would happen, and now the innocent shall drown in blood for the sins of my idiotic 'comrades'... may GOD have mercy on us all"

Sharpening his sword, and readying his armor, Charles's face goes from dismay to grim determination "Now I suppose all I can do is save what innocents I can from their blood price.... here goes nothing"

Edited by LordCrowe

Alfred couldn't resist anymore longer, "Burn heathens."

2 hours ago, Asutto said:

"Amazing! Norland sends some guy into Oren to cause a mess and then they use their own people's stupidity as a casus belli. I wonder where I've heard this story before." Remarked the Countess of Halstaig "Oh how history repeats itself. . ."

A loud laugh would echo through the halls of Halstaig as Valent rushed into them. "Seems like we got war to win!" he'd exclaim as he smiled to his cousin.