A Disgusting Onslaught of Depravation, Death And Bloodlust On The Hands of Oren

Suicidium

Sven lumbered across waves of grain, guided by the trampling steps of the man marching before him, mucking a path for the man to his back. His legs grew tired from the weight of his cargo, the foundations for the Elysian palisade. The sound of rock and gravel rustled all along the convoy as they advanced, one by one.

Then, for just a moment, he'd glance off from his mission to the village below. He'd see the contrast of ash, blood, and disarray. The blood of a woman fallen just a day before, her ghost locked in the cracks and flats of cobbled stone.

People met their end here, he thought. People. No renowned Northguardsman, finally meeting his end after a glorious life worth lived. No damned soul, guilty of crimes beyond counting, finally put to a rest well deserved.

It was a woman. A woman and her kids.

"Sven?" He'd shake from his thoughts to meet eyes with the man behind him. Alric, his trusted crownsguard, an Icathian, and a friend. Sven would pause a moment as he parsed the meaning behind his racing thoughts. He'd manage to convey just the one, speaking to his companion with a tone of certainty unknown to him all his days before.

"In their haste for glory, they lost what made them human. That is a gash; cut deeper than our sharpest axes could ever hope to plunge."

A moment.

"I would not wish this on my worst of enemies."

Edited by MasonMcBadbat
Reserve Edit

Upon hearing of the missive, Galenus Amaricius promptly dropped the lumber he had been hauling. The decurion expectantly clutched the parchment that bore the Duke's message, sighing deeply of relief. "Finally, the truth is spoken- let the true color of Oren be known: crimson, for the blood of innocent women and children. Iron from Ice."

The man soon returned to building the palisade and making the Orenians pay for it.

"God damned Orenians. I swear, t'ey do nothin' but 'urt innocen' folks 'o don' deserve it," Jol murmurs to herself, looking over to her assistant. "Mel, grab m' triden' an' Ma's armor, we're gonna go keep a town safe."

"We can only hope that the Canonist Church acknowledges the atrocities committed in Elysium by the Orenian Kingdom and that those involved are punished in accordance to Canonist Law." Arthas pauses for a moment, wiping the tears off with the back of his hand as he cradles his sleeping child in his arms, sniffling, "Hopefully the Church are able to separate from the Imperial politics." He would lay his child down in his makeshift crib, scribing into his journal as a tear would drop to the corner of the page, "On the other hand, it's good to see that the Duke was able to escape unscathed enough to release the truth..."

Nikko de Astrea sneaks into his fathers room and picks up a sword "I will not sit this one out."

"So.. they have chosen death." Caspian'd comment. "We'll pay the Duke a visit in few months time, though this time he won't be given the opportunity to speak out- rather, he'll receive naught but a swift drop and a short stop."

reserved

A passing blind man would look upon the most recent in the series of missives, "Let them both burn, and both will in part. Sin shall fight sin, and only the greater sin shall win." 

Toke Freysson reads the document and boards the ferry to Elysium. Walking off the ferry and into Elysium, his nose is no longer assaulted by a foul stench. "Thank the All-Father it nae longer smells of bullshit here. Hopefully the farms will be plentiful soon."

"These are the Same bastards that sent my Brat for reeducation....For simply seeing the monstrosities of the ISA and Imperial government's Pious intentions" A Red headed man would spit as he sharpened his axe

7 minutes ago, Suicidium said:

the Orenians were perhaps too much of typical cowards to seek.

"Well, as I hear, earlier in the day The Orenian horde had abandoned their entire fort when confronted with a small band. So aye, they were certainly too cowardous to see actual warriors." spoke Dramyr "We started this war due to Oren lacking honor, and it seems that Orenia continues to display such lack in not only words but actions too. For shame."

7 minutes ago, Suicidium said:

it would appear that Liluth was abused in Orenian custody

Vane grits his teeth, shaking his head at the news "A shameful display beyond all measure, first the murder of our children, and then abusing a prisoner within their own custody, I wish I could say I was surprised, but this is why we fight..." Vane stands up straight, slamming his fist into his armored chest, sending out a resounding clank "IRON FROM ICE!" he shouts out

Athri Onfroi Belrose sat idly, closing her eyes and sighing. "Bunch of imperial dogs off their leashes. A military that has no honor shouldn't be a military at all." The Minister muttered under her breath. "They've too much pride to apologize for the smallest of things, let alone something like this. Their downfall, perhaps." The woman then gathered some paper, beginning to write things that needed written.