Hi, So We're Removing Vortex - 1.16 Update Info

nickrocky213

16 minutes ago, _Indy said:

HMPEM4e.png

Called it.

Lmao haha

woah wait feedback was more than noted?!

2 hours ago, nickrocky213 said:

gold

As long as people aren't using copper to fake it being aurum.

2 hours ago, nickrocky213 said:

NPCs

Yes thank God.

While many of you are celebrating and treating this as some type of victory you fail to realize that this will result in an incredible market crash; Lord of the Craft's economy is about to become even more crippled than beforehand. For those unaware the economy presently was dependent on the supply and demand revolving around Vortex tools. That's it. That quite literally is the only way to make money. The reason that this supply and demand even existed in the first place was because people were too unfamiliar with the Vortex system to properly take the time to learn how to craft their own tools (or simply too lazy), thus they were forced to purchase these tools from the marketplace, thus forcing a demand. The fact that only a select group of people were willing and capable of creating this Vortex tools in the first place creating a strictly small supply ..

.. Effectively 'dumbing' down Vortex - which is the direction that I imagine this is going in - will allow anybody and everybody to easily begin crafting their own tools, thus creating an extremely high excess of supply with no viable demand. The end result will be a broken economy. Previously the economy was supported entirely by the dynamic that I described above, how will it be supported now? Previously people complained about how horrific the economy was, dear God, it's about to get infinitely worse. Mark this post, I'm telling you right now that this is going to take a turn for the worse unless the staff team figure out a way to address the economy. (Inflation rather than deflation) 

1 minute ago, ninja805 said:

While many of you are celebrating and treating this as some type of victory you fail to realize that this will result in an incredible market crash; Lord of the Craft's economy is about to become even more crippled than beforehand. For those unaware the economy presently was dependent on the supply and demand revolving around Vortex tools. That's it. That quite literally is the only way to make money. The reason that this supply and demand even existed in the first place was because people were too unfamiliar with the Vortex system to properly take the time to learn how to craft their own tools (or simply too lazy), thus they were forced to purchase these tools from the marketplace, thus forcing a demand. The fact that only a select group of people were willing and capable of creating this Vortex tools in the first place creating a strictly small supply ..

.. Effectively 'dumbing' down Vortex - which is the direction that I imagine this is going in - will allow anybody and everybody to easily begin crafting their own tools, thus creating an extremely high excess of supply with no viable demand. The end result will be a broken economy. Previously the economy was supported entirely by the dynamic that I described above, how will it be supported now? Previously people complained about how horrific the economy was, dear God, it's about to get infinitely worse. Mark this post, I'm telling you right now that this is going to take a turn for the worse unless the staff team figure out a way to address the economy. (Inflation rather than deflation) 

I don't know how long you've been actually playing, but you should know by now that LoTC's economy has always been broken. It corrects itself eventually, but it's always a fecked economy.

20 minutes ago, ninja805 said:

Having the economy be worse doesn’t negatively impact most people, and in all honesty I’ve never seen an LOTC map with a “good” economy that didn’t suffer from some shortfalls like inflation/delflation or overproduction.

Even with Nexus it got so bad once that the staff added admin buy shops to take iron and other goods out of the economy and raise prices.

3 hours ago, 1_Language_1 said:

I don't know how long you've been actually playing, but you should know by now that LoTC's economy has always been broken. It corrects itself eventually, but it's always a fecked economy.

I've been playing since 2014. This is honestly the worse I've seen. At least from what I know last map they utilized inflation rather than deflation as they are currently. There's a reason why no economy in the world utilizes deflation .. don't know why the economy team doesn't take that into account

3 hours ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

Having the economy be worse doesn’t negatively impact most people, and in all honesty I’ve never seen an LOTC map with a “good” economy that didn’t suffer from some shortfalls like inflation/delflation or overproduction.

Even with Nexus it got so bad once that the staff added admin buy shops to take iron and other goods out of the economy and raise prices.

Having the economy be worse DOES negatively impact most players, the effects of a poor economy will trickle down into other aspects of gameplay. Nobody will be able to afford a house, nobody will able to afford gear or items, nobody will be able to afford anything except by voting which is a laughable concept. Nations won't be able to afford the tiles they own due to their playerbases not purchasing property, etc.

The end result be will extreme stagnation across the server, even worse than before.

removing the plugin doesn't invalidate any of the work you did for the server. thanks for making the right decision dude

7 minutes ago, ninja805 said:

Nobody will be able to afford a house, nobody will able to afford gear or items

If supply and demand causes tool and gear prices to crash, then even if people ain't making as much money by selling said tools and gear, their purchasing power isn't affected too much since all the stuff they'd be buying is lower in price.

15 minutes ago, ninja805 said:

nobody will be able to afford anything except by voting which is a laughable concept

This is already the case for the 99% of the server that do massive Vortex grind loops every day.

9 minutes ago, ninja805 said:

the effects of a poor economy will trickle down into other aspects of gameplay

This is only because the Ec*nomy team seems to think the best way to make an economy function is to tie their cruddy minas economy to the geopolitics of the server as a crutch to keep the value of minas artificially afloat. As we've seen so far in Almaris that hasn't really worked. People previously criticized the staff for making minas into a commodity and resource in and of itself rather than an actual currency used for exchange, and the changes done to minas in Almaris have only made that trend worse.

The best solution is to realize that the staff enforced nation tax garbage and deflationary policies were stupid to begin with and remove all of them so that we'll get something resembling the old Atlas-Arcas economies, back when warfare and diplomacy decided whether your community lived or died more than numbers on spreadsheets and taxation income.

Maybe we should just abolish minas entirely I kinda don't trust staff to manage a server currency anymore.

Based

1 hour ago, ninja805 said:

economy team

Must no longer exist, like the War Team. The economy will stabilize into a crap-hole like it always does, because we still have voting money, and things are still priced relative to like the old days. If anything, I predict Oren will start charging more for their housing; they've already upped the tax by 10 minae.

**** sunk-cost fallacy is on my final monday

Nice I'm excited

@nickrocky213Please keep the plugin that makes it cost 2 coal to get 1 iron. It is vital for the economy.