[✗] [Alchemy] Forget-Me-Shot

54 minutes ago, The King Of The Moon said:

I'd agree with you if I couldn't far more easily just shoot someone with a crossbow/ call PVP and have them die and very directly remove the character development. 

What this provides is an alternative to murderhobo RP for those seeking to do villainy, along with a means for characters to self-inflict memory loss on themselves (for instance to forget trauma) and spin a narrative of mystery and investigation thereafter should their unaware character then try to undo the amnesia caused.

None of the groups who routinely do banditry or """villainy""" pvp will use this as an alternative. PVP is substantially easier and has no consequences. This will not fix that problem and the players who are committed to genuine villainy roleplay already have other alternatives.

If you want it for Amnesia: Dark Descent RP fine, but the above is a moot point.

6 minutes ago, Luciloo said:

None of the groups who routinely do banditry or """villainy""" pvp will use this as an alternative. PVP is substantially easier and has no consequences. This will not fix that problem and the players who are committed to genuine villainy roleplay already have other alternatives.

If you want it for Amnesia: Dark Descent RP fine, but the above is a moot point.

PvP goons don't even have alchemy, so we don't need to worry about them for that.  This potion seems like it's moreso made for people that genuinely care about RP, not for groups that have never cared about RP and lore in the first place

40 minutes ago, UnBaed said:

PvP goons don't even have alchemy

You'd be surprised.

7 minutes ago, Luciloo said:

You'd be surprised.

Still, just because a few bad apples in a bunch shouldn't mean that the rest of the alchemy players should have to suffer.  Staff have a lot of restrictions and rules on alchemy to ensure potions are RP'd accordingly and every potion exists to offer a more dynamic and unique niche to RP; what harm is there in adding just another alternative for villainy RPers to pursue?  Especially if this one isn't an instant-death, hidden poison

literal roofie 

i like the idea, the execution seems off to me but i couldn't really tell you why i feel like that

4 minutes ago, UnBaed said:

Still, just because a few bad apples in a bunch shouldn't mean that the rest of the alchemy players should have to suffer.  Staff have a lot of restrictions and rules on alchemy to ensure potions are RP'd accordingly and every potion exists to offer a more dynamic and unique niche to RP; what harm is there in adding just another alternative for villainy RPers to pursue?  Especially if this one isn't an instant-death, hidden poison

You're misinterpreting my point. My point is that those who are interested in genuine villainy roleplay already have alternatives, so this potion offers nothing new in that regard, while it won't be used by poor-effort villains at all. Like idc if it's implemented or not, but the degree to which it's 'needed' is questionable and I find it par for the course that it's another rare recipe most players will never get their hands on anyway.

*FTBs* *slips potion into drink* "You don't remember :3"

Pretty sure there's already something called the Knockout Potion, but if that was removed then I'm not opposed

2 hours ago, The King Of The Moon said:

piss yellow

my favourite

I've seen knock out effects like this before and memory wipe effects like this before as well regarding herbs, magic, etc etc. 

All of them have been abused heavily where the LT/ST had to remove them and this herb combines both effects into one. 

I'm not saying the lore is bad, but this massively hits red flags for me of the amount of abuse that can happen with this. Especially with hardly a way to avoid getting knocked out if consumed, the easy memory wipe, and (despite the T3 clause) how readily available it is given the amount of alchemists out there rn. 

Even if it's just given to a small few, it eventually spreads into the various groups where this can be commonly used and people trying to loophole the effects. It just makes me very wary given the past and I find it never fully implemented correctly for this kind of server. 

2 hours ago, Sorcerio said:

*FTBs* *slips potion into drink* "You don't remember :3"

Pretty sure there's already something called the Knockout Potion, but if that was removed then I'm not opposed

Current Knockout is for medical applications, need to drink a lot of it, doesnt nuke your memory, etc. 

I'd say based if it weren't an item unironically no different than a roofie. I'd also say based if people would actually use this on others for banditry, kidnapping for interrogation, etc but uhhh idk, I don't know any bandits that study alchemy or buy alchemy RP items. Has its pros and cons but it's teetering on the edge of "wtf" due to it being a knock-out item.

Unfortunately I just can't see it being used to create RP more than it takes away from RP. I'm 50/50 on it.

Having a memory wipe that easily made is gonna backfire so bad y'all gonna have whiplash, it's gonna get abused, because LotC is the actual meaning of the phrase "this is why we can't have nice things."
Have you even met your own player base? Some dips**t is gonna loophole this like they always do and ruin it for everyone else.

Where’s the part where you stir it with a pregnancy test? Gunk of dog eye? Absolut pikl? The red stripe from aquafresh toothpaste??

-1 Incomplete lore.