Hearsay of Hanseti-Ruska - VII

t-51bP2WNJ3isX1gH3d7Vnl03Ll4e_PUcMY-C3WrOFEbWXA_iy2EMxZ510PqJ6ZvLqOq58QVKaQzOGjPs-ucbmPBwkKQHruCWQYnMPY6VAmokfmZ20HIax32OHqLaGbDU0aWIYAf

The Hearsay of Hanseti-Ruska

Edition VII

Jula and Piov, 372 ES

This disappointed hand graces saddened parchment. Who does one Duchess Doja Catherine think she is? Appropriating our fine people, in my place, yet she knows nil; ‘I bring forth the beginning of spring.’ No my dearest Doja, you bring not a single thing, save for a paper that reads like a sneeze. Besides, a woman donned Catherine, may as well just don the surname of an Imperial. She knows nothing of our people, and her perception, wit and judgement is about as shrewd as that of a light to the eye of a squawking bat.

Galahar’s Shadow

~

I think that if one speaks on the prince, Nikolas one more time, the entire nation might just implode. And there’s no Jackson Porter this time to shield the damage. These papers have it all wrong though, all were there to pass albeit sparkling, but mundane judgement on the Prince - but no fun details were spared. So I suppose, all must rely on the Hearsay for the.. Hearsay again.

Alongside the Haeseni Rose, Petra Emma, Nikolas is the Dazzling Star of Haense; and we all know that stars catch the eyes of many - particularly, wishful women. We knew this! So we tread the heels of the prince, and so did our spyings begin. He met with one Annika Vyronov, and we’ll keep this conclusive - she entered the stray palace garden’s maze, with Heinrik’s gift; a necklace, around her neck. Yet, when she left, the gift seemed to be absent, in place of a princely smile brandished across her warmed lips. Nikolas, the little rascal, took his leave minutes after, sporting hair of the dishevelled, but rugged sort. It all but seems the Duke of Galahar, has Heinrik rooted in his own shadow. Even the old time Cavalier, Ser Alric, seems to be taking notes on the Prince’s doings. He too, seems to have his one eye on the lady, boo-hoo.

For Those Curious

~

In these times whence love and... All matters of other things fly through the air, it is most important for this writer that those wishing for a private rendezvous have a place away from the prying eyes of guard-dog mothers. There is no better thrill than a moment away from the hustle and bustle of the promenading square. This most informative writer must warn our fair maidens however; for a moment caught alone may indeed ruin her reputation should it be discovered! Therefore, I propose to offer out a following list warily:

The Palace Gardens 

The quintessential spot for a moment alone amongst his Majesty’s most prized flowers and exotic animals in the back of the palace gardens. There has been many a face to abscond from general view to tumble into the bushes for a moment alone, yet more specifically this writer reveals that they have seen numerous couples move more specifically into conjoining together amidst the maze. There, we might notice many a couple enter only to seemingly get lost for hours on end! Surely there is something larger afoot than simply the difficulties of traversing a small maze? One Ser Franz Barbanov in his youth most certainly did his rounds here, alongside his peered Ser, Alric Ruthern. These days, it seems to be a bit of a hotspot for all, they, who I’ve caught, will soon be published! Due to the surge of goers here, Ser Franz and Ser Alric however have taken to other nooks in the Kingdom - Ser Alric, I cannot quite find - Ser Franz, on the daily, hauls in a certain Imperial redhead to one of the many outer city, guarding towers. Oh! Don’t forget the likes of Annika Vyronov either, she seems to have many men lead in tow there. Tut-tut, Nikolas and Ser Alric, and the many rest..

The Palace Kitchens

Perhaps a more specific spot for those wishing to secure a royal, one too often finds the door of these kitchens ajar and the royal chefs ordered away! As they returned, one might often find a pair of hands outstretched betwixt the flour laid out upon the table, and other treats stolen from the stores! Certainly any might know that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, yet it must be corrected in that the best way to entreat anyone is through a love of food! Afterall, food is one of the very few things a person might put into their body. It's awfully hard to seize any real glimpse of any kitchen-goers, but this author will reveal that a certain Kortrevich, seems to think the place is his home - always going to and fro, with another. I'll not disclose anything further, until I'm certain of the woman in question, but Kortrevich, I know exactly who you are.

The Stables

Whether a young soldier or a rambunctious young noble, this is not the ideal spot for any private meeting, though it is certainly one for a quick-escape. Should a grumbling father have declined a young man’s advances upon his doe eyed daughter, the stables is a point for a conversation to occur. This writer would certainly suggest the stables no place for a lady unless in dire straits however, and rather it is more wise to ride out for a picnic instead. While not entirely a man yet, Ruslan Baruch, seems to despise the typical of woman; slim, frailed (alike Rosalind Amador), and with enough makeup to poison a swamp of frogs. Lord Baruch’s bizarre and only desire to be a martial-aholic must have already tainted his mind. For he prefers the burly, and towering women; stable and horse girls, who I often spy leaving this location with the Lord. If not for only being a meagre initiate in the army, I surmise he would’ve already had a few rounds in the Haeseni barracks. His poor Imperial wife, she ticks exactly none of his boxes.

The Sewers of Karosgad

I never thought I’d jot something so.. dare I say, unorthodox? Setting foot into any sewers is asking to gain a disease, especially with the influx of rats; at the behest of our most competent Lord Marshal, and his feeding of them! In fairness, my precious soles would never pass into the wretched, and stinking place, so those lovesick birds who blunder into the sewers, are safer than most - but I’ll still catch them. Speaking of: Oho. Poor Frederik Baruch. Let’s count his woes shall we: his previous desired love, outright denied him, for a second to none knight, Ser Antonius. Then in a tournament, he fell second place to Ser Antonius - in which the knight no doubtedly, will soon be courting the Ruthern. A bad boy, with a broken heart. Flustered, and outright dismayed, Freddy, with a peasant girl’s hand in his own, took to the sewers, clearly trembling at the thought of being caught. The girl clambered out crying, and Frederik emerged from the sewers - up to his knees in sewage, and a nose-churning smell; he must’ve fallen in. Bless. Is this the new spot for the uneager? It’s certainly safe from most eyes.

Pickings of the Season

As this writer notices the berries and fruit of our fair climate go into full bloom, it is worthwhile to make a few mentions upon that of the Lifstala’s opening salvos, and on whom is certainly the cream of our crop. One should make note that all is subject to change at the disgrace of one, or the uprising of another, and so those unmentioned or admonished should not take such to heart!

Most Improved 

Frederik Baruch and Edmund Barclay

Simple enough. Edmund Barclay, the tormented, can actually hold words without that tremble in his lungs. A vast improvement from when he almost soiled himself, speaking with one Tatiana Ruthern in the tavern. We’ve our sights set on this one! Then there is Frederik Baruch, who has hit that much of a low; doused in sewage, that the only way is up, from here on out. And he’s certainly giving it his all!

Darling of the Lifstala

Marjorie vas Ruthern

This writer was perhaps too harsh in her judgment of the Ruthern brood in their last edition, for it seems it has set forth a standard of having nothing of benefit to say at all about the young Raevir. From stumbling her words to a lack of certain graces, certain crowds have watched this underdog story with a closeted heart. The war of love is a stern and cruel one, in which many a spinster is left behind as some will certainly learn if they do not pick up their paces! Yet not this little darling. The court sees that she is certainly trying with a regular group of suitors calling upon the girl! Love will conquer all, and this darling must not be left without a match, it is our hope.

Ve Morrivi Blauwm

King Heinrik II

While not exactly a candidate in this season. Any with the slightest grain of insight knows that His Majesty, will always be a free man to this market, wed or not. Even in his late marriage, and any to-be marriage. This paragon of immorality, is truly our own Haeseni wonder. Though, it wouldn’t surprise me if all of those who follow into his office, are simply yearning for his power, and nothing else. Annika Vyronov, eh? In fairness, I’d give my life to escape the dastardly Vyronov household. Despite years of absence too, Amalya Amador made her presence known, and she was the very first to see the monarch after the introductions. Where was Annika? The poor old Vyronov does not quite know what she’s early footing into; but His Majesty, while Hearsay goes on, will always be our favourite! Her fate might’ve already been secured, in the terms Heinrik is to court her - if he isn’t already.

The Saddest Flame

Princess Katerina Barbanov

The saddest of flames are always the dwindling ones. Out of everybody, I expected to see Princess Katerina to be amongst the queue of others. Instead, she gawked from the dais. It is entirely disappointing and.. tedious, at this point, is she even trying? Does she care? Heinrik ought to marry her finger off, maybe like many of the Haeseni populace, she desires an Imperial man; easily put into their place. We all know that demanding, and whaling mouth of her’s to be loud.

Half and Empty-Headed

The Barclay Twins

These brothers are quite something, Reinhardt and Klaus - the curse of those awfully given names, might just be duly right. One has half of his head, while the other is entirely void of a head; empty and dull. One with charm, and the other with a babbled and unwitful tongue. They’ve the Haeseni Rose in common, Petra Emma. She’ll soon come to realise she can do better than the both of them combined, but her youth blinds her to such - or maybe she’s leading them on early. Regardless, Reinhardt is marginally favoured by this Author, best of luck!

Fresh in: It seems that Ailred Ruthern, who is engaged to one Fenika Barbanov - made a rare appearance of his, at the face of Frederik Baruch; insulting the Royal family. Such was met by the force of a herculean fist, rendering the Baruch unconscious. ‘Bad Boy’ Freddy, has really hit a new low, toppling from grace to the cold, grit-ridden steps to the palace, scuffing that handsome face of his. 

The only way I see Frederik recovering from this is to scuffle the Ruthern family! In a three-on-three duel, Baruch vs Ruthern.

What do you say, Frederik?

In her home at Astfield, Annika Vyronov's face would grow red. "The falsities in this column!" She exclaimed. "Godan give me strength." The necklace in question still remained around her neck, clasped and secure...

Amelya_Upper_Banner.png

Amelya choked on her the tea she had been sipping while reading the latest copy of The Hearsay. Oh no.
Mamej and Jan were not going to like having the
Kortrevich name being brought up in any sort of negative capacity. And yet...

And yet....

A mischevious smile spread across her dark lips and couldn't help but giggle at the news: the author spoke of a man in the kitchens. This would, hopefully, leave her out of whatever trouble she would face with her mother and brother. 
Now who could it be...?

Edited by Charbi
Tidied up a reserved post!

Ser Alric Ruthern grits his teeth at first, but then he fondly calls back to his youth, looking over the paper in court, as he guarded over the Royal family, casting a stray glance to his borsa, Maric, the Palatine.

Ailred Ruthern was far too busy gloating his one-bomb knockout, to pay any heed to the paper, yet!

Klaus read the newsletter normally until his eye caught the part about him and his twin, reading it with great interest "Half-headed? What does that- they know?!" A new aura surrounded him as one thing was on his mind; "So Reinhardt's been spreading the news of me around?... I'll have to pay him a visit soon."

Jan Otto Kortrevich, still recovering from the last round of slander he and his family suffered through, could not help but wonder which male Kortrevich could possibly be doing this to themselves. Whoever it might be, Jan prepared to punch his younger relatives for bringing slander upon his House!

"Well, luckily ea do niet even know where the palace kitchen is."

Tatiana vas Ruthern let out a loud sigh of relief that she was not slandered in the Hearsay of Haense, unlike in the Duchess Doja's paper...

Andrik Nikolas frowned after that announcement of the King's engagement to Annika Vyronov, having read his own article previous! "Oh well, plenty of fish in the sea for me." He wandered off then into the palace gardens.

Aeira Barlcay read over the part about her sons, a frown on her face as she loved the name Klaus with all her heart and a bit of her soul.

Adele Barclay sighed as she read the gossip, a slight chuckle coming from her at the mention of the maze and behind the rose bushes. "Nothing good behind or in those rose bushes."

Smooth sutican jazz in the background, a warm fire feeding of logs, Heinrik Karl filled himself another glass of auvergnian wine. Topless, laying on a side, on a Kharajir-leopard pelt, covered only by a white cloth, the man carefully stroked the Kha's head while gently almost affectionate stroking the newspaper. It would be a night of secret desires and passion.. Something every man needs once in a while!

Petra Emma blinks down at the missive, soon shifting her gaze to her father. "Papej, what does 'leading them on' mean? - They are calling me a rose again!"

"Look!" Marjorie vas Ruthern exclaims happily as she glances over the Hearsay. She points the section of herself, looking to be absolutely beaming. "I am the darling of the lifstala!" she giggles excitedly, as it is the first nice thing written about her.

Just now, Rudi said:

Smooth sutican jazz in the background, a warm fire feeding of logs, Heinrik Karl filled himself another glass of auvergnian wine. Topless, laying on a side, on a Kharajir-leopard pelt, covered only by a white cloth, the man carefully stroked the Kha's head while gently almost affectionate stroking the newspaper. It would be a night of secret desires and passion.. Something every man needs once in a while!

Ser Alric Ruthern, amidst his nightly patrols of the palace stumbled 'pon the Koeng and his starry-skied exploits. A silent gasp exuded his agape mouth, as the Paramount made a swift escape, hopefully unknown to the Royal.

After reading the Hearsay, the little Ludvig Barclay ran to his younger brothers.  "KLAUS, REINHARDT!  Your in the paper!  They didnt say much nice things about you though."

Aleksandr var Ruthern folds the 'newspaper' under his arm, whistling on his way to the privy with something to read. "This makes it far easier to keep up with my family than actually talking to them!"