O' YE WHO WOULD HARM A CHILD

"That's Olivier de Savoie, by the way, but aye, I agree that this is troubling indeed. We ought to expand this investigation." says Ailred.

Just now, argonian said:

"That's Olivier de Savoie, by the way, but aye, I agree that this is troubling indeed. We ought to expand this investigation." says Ailred.

"Ops!" remarked Basil, changing it very quickly.

5 minutes ago, Basil Moroul said:

Olivier de Sarkozy

Markus Kruber wonders who Olivier de Sarkozy is - he then approaches Olivier Renault Ashford de Savoie and allows for him to see the missive.

Joaquin of Osanora, the Voice in the Wilderness, received a copy of the message in his cave to the north of Reinmar from one of his the many messengers who supported him in secret. Upon reading it, he wept with joy and prostrate himself in prayer. "Oh Lord GOD, maker of the skies and the earth, forgive me, for I had feared that not one in Your church in the Holy Empire could see Your light in the darkness anymore. May this man's words turn the hearts of evil men towards forgiveness and redemption."

Arthas II would smile the sun's smile at the priest's telling of Norlandic hospitality, "We're not as bad as we're made out to be. It's good to see that progress is being made to ensure that innocents aren't being harmed. However, it doesn't do true justice for the people who actually massacred Elysium.." he would state matter-of-factly.

[!] A missive is issued to Fr. Basil in response to his (presumably public) letter to Olivier de Savoie.

"Father Basil Moroul,

I am Josephine Augusta, Director of Civil Affairs for the Holy Orenian Empire. I am writing to you concerning your recent public letter to Olivier de Savoie.

First, I offer my thanks for your continuing service to the Canonist people in taking the priesthood, and in attempting to hold Canonist leaders accountable for their sins. I too was concerned by de Savoie's recent publication. Allow me to reassure you that it has been a matter of discussion in the Cabinet, and we have addressed the matter with the forces of the City-State of Luciensburg.

I offer you my reassurance that the Imperial State Army makes all efforts to prevent the death of innocents. Particularly in Elysium, we have received credible reports that some individuals between the ages of fifteen and eighteen did perish in the battle (all reports of younger ages are, very clearly, nothing more than pagan propaganda). It is unfortunate that these young lives should be cut short, but it was also unavoidable. Chief Sven, lacking our Canonist morality, has pressed swords into the hands of children and indoctrinated them such that they will attack even veteran soldiers. Although such 'warriors' present no real threat on their own, in the chaos of battle it is not possible to skillfully disarm them while simultaneously avoiding death from other assailants.

The Holy Orenian Empire has fought similar wars before, in the time of the prophets. As you well know, both Ex. Godfrey and Ex. Sigismund waged wars of reconquest against wicked rulers. Unfortunately, when fighting against such individuals, there is no low to which they will not stoop. I am no theologian and cannot be the judge of sin. I must only hope that GOD will judge favorably those soldiers who acted in self-defense.

We appreciate your investigation of the matter, which is within the Church's remit and of great humanitarian importance. I do beg of you to take the reports of our enemies with a grain of salt. Not only are they apostates, but they have a vested interest in undermining the moral authority of Canonist states. They would benefit greatly from misleading the Church.

Please be assured that the Imperial State Army will ensure that, at least in our presence, no participant in this battle brings children to harm.

Cordially,

Josephine Augusta, Duchess of Sunholdt"

1 minute ago, VIROS said:

"We're actually Heathens not apostates" Theoderic would state!

Theoderic would nod in surprise at the publication of the missive "It is always a surprise where one finds men of principle" 

@Lionbileti

"My lord..." remarks a young footman of Luciensburg of the name of Hans Koomer as he watches Olivier de Savoie cut down a Norlandic youngling with a greatsword. "You killed a child..." he murmurs in shock, jaw unhinged akin to that of a vipers and eyes widened in a mad frenzy of shock. After a few moments, his look of shock fades as he gives a strong thumbs up and an approving nod.

"Amazing! Mission complete! That's why you're the best, milord."

Spoiler

Lissa wasn’t sure how they managed to get hold of the parchment. She read it over, sighing relief. She’d been worried about Basil after he was swept into the chaos of the day’s events. He had been kind, and it would be heartbreaking for something to happen to him. 

Garret Darkwood shakes his head at the missive signing the Lorraine "Heathen propaganda is making it's way into the church, and it breaks my heart to see such a holy and righteous institution buy the lies and slander of an apostate state wanting to wipe us and the church out." Garret Darkwood looks at the cathedral in Providence shedding a tear "If only the church acknowledges our suffering, our pain, and acknowledge that the ISA soldiers dying today are martyrs defending them. We die, so that they may live, I will die for the church, and defend the church. The only question is, will the church defend us? Will they acknowledge our sacrifice? Does the church even care for us?"

27 minutes ago, bugbytes21 said:

Garret Darkwood shakes his head at the missive signing the Lorraine "Heathen propaganda is making it's way into the church, and it breaks my heart to see such a holy and righteous institution buy the lies and slander of an apostate state wanting to wipe us and the church out." Garret Darkwood looks at the cathedral in Providence shedding a tear "If only the church acknowledges our suffering, our pain, and acknowledge that the ISA soldiers dying today are martyrs defending them. We die, so that they may live, I will die for the church, and defend the church. The only question is, will the church defend us? Will they acknowledge our sacrifice? Does the church even care for us?"

Spoiler

2vhzce2.png

Joaquin of Osanora turned to the man as he waited outside the church to see a priest. "They do. They care for your immortal soul, which means more than any temporal authority."

James Fisher folds the missive three times and stows it away on the bookshelf by his staircase for documentation "I should recruit child soldiers. Clearly they are quite effective on and off the field of battle. Funny, that."