I'm back with the milk?

Orm_Proudfoot

Howdy folks! A long, long time ago, when our people still dwelt in Aegis, I roleplayed three generations of a halfling family, serving as the Mayor of Dunwood with one, Bishop of Dunwood as another, and the High Priest of Oren with the third. If any oldtimers remain, they may remember the old halfling Sturdyfoot family. I was also one the GMs and the chief of religious development. 

Well, I'm back...eight years later. :P Sorry it took so long. I just ran out for a pint of milk. The line at the counter was really long...or something. 

New or old, I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone. I'll see you all in-game, with a new character, of course, as Owen Sturdyfoot has been dead for over four hundred years by this point.

Welcome back! It has been a long long time since the True Faith had a high priest instead of a high pontiff...

oh wow, welcome back! glad you found the milk

8 minutes ago, VIROS said:

Welcome back! It has been a long long time since the True Faith had a high priest instead of a high pontiff...

Thanks! Even if the title has changed, I am glad to see that the True Faith continues after so many centuries. 

5 minutes ago, Fie said:

oh wow, welcome back! glad you found the milk

Thanks! It's warm and tastes a bit off, but I'm glad to finally have milk too.

Welcome back! A lot's changed, but much more has stayed the same. Think you'll enjoy your time here.

Here's a link to the halfling discord if you're interested. The main halfling village is an Elven vassal at the moment. To get there, just head down the road to Elvenesse at the Western Warp (Idol's Garden), and eventually there will be a right turn off to the village of Bramblebury.
https://discord.gg/uXsA9wq

Here's the big ol' halfling guide I made 2 years ago. I might make a more updated one soon, who knows:

Halflings no longer follow human religion (for the most part, at least. There's been a few Canonist halflings in the past few years). Most of us worship some combination of Pumpkin/Harvest spirits or are Druids and worship the Aspectist deities and use Druidic magic. We even have a Shaman halfling in the village right now, so there's quite a bit of religious diversity.

If you want more information on where Human religion has gone since Aegis, contact @Burnsider I'm sure he'd know a fair bit more than I.

8 hours ago, Treshure said:

Welcome back! A lot's changed, but much more has stayed the same. Think you'll enjoy your time here.

Thanks! I spent a few hours last night reading through the history of the current map and bits of history of the other maps since I left. There's a lot! I mapped myself out a direct family tree, so if I were to create a descendant of my last persona, it would be the 11th generation descendant of my last character. We'll see. I'm playing with a friend this time around, so we're discussing what type of characters to play this time.

1 hour ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

Here's a link to the halfling discord if you're interested. The main halfling village is an Elven vassal at the moment. To get there, just head down the road to Elvenesse at the Western Warp (Idol's Garden), and eventually there will be a right turn off to the village of Bramblebury.
https://discord.gg/uXsA9wq

Here's the big ol' halfling guide I made 2 years ago. I might make a more updated one soon, who knows:

Halflings no longer follow human religion (for the most part, at least. There's been a few Canonist halflings in the past few years). Most of us worship some combination of Pumpkin/Harvest spirits or are Druids and worship the Aspectist deities and use Druidic magic. We even have a Shaman halfling in the village right now, so there's quite a bit of religious diversity.

If you want more information on where Human religion has gone since Aegis, contact @Burnsider I'm sure he'd know a fair bit more than I.

Thank you very much! I was looking at the map trying to figure out where halflings were living in this cycle, but couldn't see any telltale signs of burrows and fields. And the religious differences over the years is infinitely interesting. Might have to return to enliven the religious scene once again.

34 minutes ago, Orm_Proudfoot said:

Thank you very much! I was looking at the map trying to figure out where halflings were living in this cycle, but couldn't see any telltale signs of burrows and fields. And the religious differences over the years is infinitely interesting. Might have to return to enliven the religious scene once again.

2021-05-07_12.30.19.png

The current village of Bramblebury is pretty decent, although it is a fair bit larger than Dunwood was (I think we'll make the next village a tad smaller).

Let me know when you want to visit the village, we can probably rally a few halflings to roleplay with you.

Just submitted my application for the new character. I doubt I'm still whitelisted after all this time, plus my minecraft account name changed. 

As soon as I'm able, I will hunt you down. Thanks again!