Gold News Now 7/5/21

logo_small.thumb.png.4ef4a1517b92dd85a9242699b2e1f2a5.png

Spoiler

*the GNN jingle plays throughout the city
“Goooooood Friday morning I’m your host Mica Goldhand with your weekly report! To start us off we had a raid earlier this week which ended well with our legion boys keeping us safe from slave traders, remember to thank your local legionnaire when you have a chance. As well as this week we had Oren attack Norland and it’s port town of Elys, both sides have released a statement and we await further information from the situation.”
*a sound of papers being sorted during a sort break in the talking
“In happier news, we have a fun packed weekend for Urguan, on Saturday we have legion training, smoothie night with the Kha and a medic lesson hosted by yours truly, and to round it all off a blow out Dungrimm festival held by lady Brynaelda Grandaxe, personally I’m very excited for that. As well as this the expedition to the giant golem was a success with the recovery of more ancient Dwed history and we believe this will bring us closer to understanding the origins of our city. But the hunt is still on for where the mystery location of where the gem displayed.”
*shuffles papers 
"in Hefrumm the local Seers led a Ponderlot fuelled trip along the path of the gods, there was much merriment all round as well as great enlightenment by those who attended. all are welcome to attend on the next event held by the Seers.
As well as a big thank you from all animal lovers to Asvi Frostbeard with her protest against the eating of squirrels, since her brave efforts to protect these fluffy friends we have seen a huge boost in the local population.
*another short pause
“Now for the weather and traffic, it’s gonna be a bit stormy this weekend so expect delays on your way in to the city and do keep and eye out for slave traders on your travels on main highways around east fleet.
If you have a story you want to share please send it down to the office! the address is, 
Mica Goldhand, 
the Workers guild of Urguan
Kingdom of Urguan.
This has been Mica Goldhand with your weekly news here at Gold News Now and I hope you all have a great weekend!”
*the talking fades and the GNN jingle plays again

Edited by sciencepants2

“Mama is on de news! Mama is on de news!” Damona cheers.

Aymon Liawenys purses his lips over morning coffee, he winces at the bitter taste but had decided to give it a go, "Cracking up to be an eventful week..." his shut-in self sighs, flicking through a book, "I should get out more."

Asvi Frostbeard, absolutely covered in fuzzy squirrels, smiles at the news. "Our figh' to end ze sqvirrel massacrin' ov Yaz ze Cruel vas ah lon' and arduous vun. Ahm glad et's finalleh comin' to ah 'appeh conclusion."