WOE TO YE WHO HARMED A CRIPPLE

Gc5mshJpyq0zod_yRtruJ8h8i9-jatFzR0h7HSiEoS-Xpokwl9ZL2zcGIDBR_Mts16zB7QwiM4H24FZbOhpSmXPILUgqgamwH7uzYo7vAtwW1rVpC8RTaUG_awdICo-C5KhtEz7H

CONCLUSION OF OPERATION APPLE TREE

INVESTIGATION INTO THE ATTACK ON OSANORA

WRITTEN BY FATHER BASIL MOROUL

FROM THE ABBEY OF SAINT ROBERT

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

Six years ago his Holiness, the High Pontiff, and his entourage traveled to the canonist state of Osanora to meet with its leadership. This meeting was highly publicised at the time so there was a large crowd gathered. Sadly however the meeting would never take place for most of the people in the growing crowd arrived with sinister intentions. Just as the meeting was about to begin, about fifteen armed individuals drew their blades and surged towards the church's delegation. The Pontiff was unarmed, frail and only had one arm, he was without guards so the only people that were able to defend him from their attack were the clergymen who arrived and a handful of Hyspians as the Sutican guards refused to render assistance in protecting the Pontiff. Bishop Hernando was executed after the fighting had ended and the Pontiff was abducted and taken to a cave close to the Druid’s grove.

News spread quickly about the Pontiffs abduction and I, alongside a Holy Knight set off immediately for Osanora whilst cardinal Alfred began rallying soldiers from both the HRA and ISA. Father Alfonso had also heard of this terrible atrocity and left Osanora in search of the Pontiff. We presume he located their cave but was captured by them before he had a chance to inform the gathering soldiers as we never saw him alive again. The Pontiff was released a short while later as news began to spread about the large rescue party that was being formed in Osanora.

I have been investigating this case for six years and can not confidently publish my findings on the attack on Osanora. About two years ago a riot was organised by Gustaven von Halsfield in which the ISA ended it with their deaths, amongst the dead bodies, a citizen found the staff of Bishop Hernando and returned it to us. I can not safely name those behind the Pontiffs abduction and deaths of Bishop Hernando and Father Alfonso as Gustaven von Halsfield and his resistance against Oren. Once the Pontiff was captured he tried to deceive him into believing that they were from Oren and that he would obey their commands and do as they say. This presumably was to have the Pontiff turn against Oren, alas this failed as it was very clear they were not what they said they were.

I have since been made aware that he has aligned himself with Norland against Oren and hereby request that Norland hand Gustaven von Halsfield, and all soldiers part of his resistance against Oren, over to Haenseti officials so that they will all face appropriate punishment for their crimes against GOD and the Holy Mother Church. I am sure you would not willingly and knowingly harbor such cowards who would attack a bunch of clergymen and abduct a one armed frail man.

@Rudi@Crevel@MasonMcBadbat

"Weird, thought he had joined Luciensberg." Rha'kir remarked, "On the other hand, they might be playing a crucial part of soldiers in this whole Nordling war." he said under mutters and murmurs. "Why is church and state so hard to keep track of?"

Reserved

Director Garret Darkwood of the IBI looks at this missive nodding "When the church and the state cooperate in these kind of matters, great things can be achieved." Garret then pours out a cold glass of Hyspian Tequilla "Their enemies are our enemies, eternal damnation be upon all thee who harm clergy" 

Hali Kvitravn blinks upon reading the missive, confused at first before the dots click in his head "Oh yer kiddin...t'is'll nae be good."

Ser Gustaven von Halsfield breathes a sigh of relief at the thought of knowing that the current ruler of Norland is likely too busy doing Godan-knows-what to possibly bother with something such as extraditing his self, let alone even reading what Father Basil wrote in the first place. Personally, Gustav doubts that word of his potential involvement in the abduction of the Pontiff has even reached King Sven considering how it had taken nearly a half-decade before his own personal letters sent to the recently-crowned King were ever read.

"No reason for me to worry!" He grumbles, partially hoping to convince himself that the words which were leaving his mouth were true.