In Regards to the War in Oren.

In Regards to the War in Oren

To the citizens of the Silver State,

As you may have heard, the Silver State is mobilizing its Sillumiran and other civilians for the purpose of armed assistance of the Iron Accord members at war with Oren. It is the purpose of this letter to clarify the moral atrocities thus committed by the government and the impurities its members are guilty of.

Since their inception, the Sillumiran’s sole objective has always been the preservation of purity and the protection of the High Elves and their settlements from foreign invaders. There is nothing pure to be preserved in a conflict involving ‘lesser’ states. By sending the Silver State’s forces forth to fight in foreign lands where neither the progress of the nation nor the health of the citizens is in peril, the Sillumiran become the harbingers of war and destruction and, by extension, differ in no meaningful way from the run-of-the-mill mercenary bands of the lessers.

Whatever injuries exist between the people of Norland, Urguan and those of Oren need not and should not be of any concern to those pure enough to resist the brutish urge to cause violence and chaos.

Moreover, no grievances actually exist between the Empire of Man and the Silver State of Haelun’or. In fact, no more than fifty years ago, these two nations were in a most harmonious alliance. Now, for those of you Mali’aheral who have the memory of an insect, or who happen to have brains in an advanced stage of biological decay, like our higher-ups, I would like to take a moment to remind you that, had the Orenian Monarchy not come to the aid of the Silver State at the end of Arcas, the entire collection of the Eternal Library would have been destroyed and, worse, most of you would have died then and there on the shores of the continent conquered by Inferi. When our city was sore beset by otherworldly monsters, our allies in Oren generously offered to freely protect and temporarily house our collection of thousands of books. Afterwards, when all the cities of the continent started crumbling, they housed and fed us all in their forts. When those too fell, they welcomed us on their ships, to carry us all to the new continent. Nothing, except mutual respect and goodwill, was ever demanded in return.

To attack without cause a state that has proved more than eager to pursue benevolent relations shows the complete lack of moral integrity the leadership of the nation has, as well as the barbaric warmongering ambitions of Othelu.

The current objective of the government is not the pursuit of progress, nor of safeguarding the lives of the Mali’thill. Rather, the government proves more eager to gamble the lives of those who enlisted in the Sillumiran, for no worthy goal, only the sole purpose of killing and plunder.

Those supportive of such actions of the government have no right to call themselves Mali’thill. To obediently applaud a leadership that is ruining some fifty years of diplomatic endeavors carried by both the Silver State and Oren reveals an abundant impurity within oneself and an utter lack of any characteristic Mali’thill spirit.

Those of you that have taken a liking to blood and gore, I personally invite you to further pursue your interests, but in so doing to also sever all ties with the Motherland and join the bands of the armies of lessers, whose actions seem to align more closely to yours. In such a fashion, whatever shadow of Haelun’orian diplomatic reputation still exists can, somewhat, be saved.

Those of you uncertain, insecure and afraid in these times of war, normally I would have directed you to seek the Maheral’s counsel but, unfortunately, one is more likely to get the Sun to rise in the West and set in the East than to get the current Maheral to do anything useful for the preservation of purity. And so I will only remind you:
There is nothing pure in untimely death.

Citizens, study the history of our forefathers, care for your kin, pursue progress and health incessantly, but refuse the call of the government. Lay down your swords and refuse to march on the offensive. Preserve purity.

From the Silver District with love,

a 'thill.

[!] This letter seems to be at every house's doorstep in Haelun'or. Quite clearly, someone was rather busy during the night.

Aymon plucks one of the letters off of the street in his travels to Haelun'or, his face twists to one of disgust, "To think the 'thill have stooped this far and that someone closer to my age than that of the dear beloved leader has more sense. Aymon then begins one of his ramblings  that should really belong more to a book than the poor bastards who happen to be in his vicinity, "War is the very definition of folly, to participate is to become a pawn in the power games of self-appointed, self righteous, and unworthy leaders. Even if one is to respect the decisions and the character of said leaders one must remember that they act not in the interest of the individual, but the state." he continues "It is a terrible disservice to the individual to pit them against another with no true cause. Though of course, a battle fought by only  the leaders of states would be implausible, so instead we are left reeling, left with the scars of war for no real reason. Only a cause that directly puts 'thill at risk should be fought for, or have you all forgotten the promise of the Sillumiran? For beings that live so long, we have such a tendancy ne to learn." He then goes on to say "There is a reason I did ne sign my name at the end of that grudge, despite also being a citizen of Hefrumm, I do prey that some 'thill may come to the same conclusions as I, or I fear for the future of us as a species."

Haskir read the paper half-way before lighting its corner with a candle, unimpressed that the letter had been left at his home, a proud structure which had el'Sillumiran recruitment posters pasted all over the front of the building. "Do they not understand how alliances and pacts such as the Iron Accord work?" He queries as he steps from his abode to collect the rest of the missives from the city's doors and mailboxes, "We didn't ask for a war, but we fight in our alliance when asked to fight. That's how alliances work."

"I  have to say, I'm convinced this letter was written by an Orenian. Why else wouldn't they sign their name at the bottom? That, or maybe one of my wayward kin living in the country." Othelu said over his steak and eggs breakfast, drinking deep of his ice cream coffee while he gazed over his unamused  wartime council. "I've got nothing but love for Oren, but a pact is a pact. What's a Mali'aheral who doesn't keep their word?"

"...Never got any of these letters during our war with Elvenesse. Supposing this isn't just Imperial prop, seems the Elves are more content to kill each other than to dance outside of Luciensburg in a bloodless conflict. Then again, I'm not surprised. The Republic could never rally more than five fighting men at a time, so any arrangement that wasn't cowering at the heels of another power for protection must sound more than a little foreign. Feh! Take it up to my cabinet, and make sure no patriotic Elves see this. We've had three fires in the city last week from Elves throwing letters into them." 

Spoiler

The raid was voided, if you didn't know, and so all roleplay that led to it and came from it was likewise voided.

4 minutes ago, rukio said:
  Hide contents

The raid was voided, if you didn't know, and so all roleplay that led to it and came from it was likewise voided.

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, rukio said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, thiccpazuzu said:

From the Silver District with love,

The new Head Physician prepares for an 'ata hunt! "Who's the Imposter!" she'd exclaim jovially. 

6 hours ago, rukio said:

This is so sad

9 hours ago, rukio said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

I did not know this. Thanks.