ATTENLUND MAIL DRIVE

Diara Font Generator Preview

Diara Font Generator Preview

JGc3ONfyZbOwFlA_DINCly4EYhUo1eRpD7Ef-6kg4Li4zEaktzsBJQoPgN9BVuOZBCntMcz3kG6vgjGeHuTMEZxkJ5K6_XrdDDoKCD7Jy0ov980M6Oy-T6glXoCL-Hx1WTnlyU05

The Haeseni Vessel Arriving in The Attenlund

In the distance of the Attenlund’s murky waters approaches a ship. The vessel is not large, yet not small either, carrying with it some precious cargo and one Nikolas. It comes at the mark of the first year spent since the expedition set out on its venture. There have been days of terrible nightmares as well as days of hearty laughter since then. An expedition is no simple matter and no doubt will its members face many obstacles on their path. It is as such, in between all hardship that we find comfort in the simpler of things. The pleasantness and comfort of home, speaking with those we love and care for, keeping in contact with family and friends, such is the nature of a Mail Drive. We carry thus our hopes with us that Nikolas may receive these letters and bring them swiftly to those would be recipients.

We announce thus the beginning of the ‘Mail Drive’

Signed by, Expedition Leader Adrian Colborn

Rules (OOC)

1. To send a letter you simply respond (by posting your letter as a reply to this post) and tag whoever is supposed to be the recipient. Make sure to clearly indicate who the letter is for and written to.

2. Any information or contents written within a letter can only be known by the recipient as well as the sender. If you are not explicitly mentioned in the letter (as a recipient) you are unable to RP knowing its contents.

3. The people in the expedition and outside the expedition are allowed to send letters to people inside and outside.

4. Letters sent may contain ‘letter sized’ items that are stored inside said letters. (normal letter size, don’t try to loophole plox)

13th of Deep Cold
Y22 of Second Age

Dear NGS,

Progress on the Attenlund expedition has begun relatively smoothly, though not completely without issue.  Landfall was made on the 9th of Sun's Smile, on a small strip of land between the Rimeveld Mountains and the Attenlund Marshlands.  Upon landing, we were assailed by a group of three Swamp Trolls, a species of troll which appear similar to the Frost Trolls, both in physical appearance and in capability.  In the ensuing combat, one of the trolls was killed, one escaped, and one was captured. The captured troll, who is named "Kaz'Yem" has been invaluable to our research efforts, and has revealed much to us about the Attenlund and his tribe.  According to a legend told by his "Old Shaman", the Attenlund Marshes used to be a "beautiful jungle" until something changed it.  This would be the second instance of a region changing its biome in such a relatively short period of time.  Kaz'Yem also revealed to us that a small circle of runestones found near the campsite was once part of a massive monolith which sat in the center of the Marshlands, until one day it was destroyed in some kind of explosion.  Kaz'yem called the builders of this monolith the "big'uns", which, judging by Kaz's size, means they must have been very big.  My current theory is that the monolith builders were the Titans; A race which one dominated the Almaran continent during Pre-Arrival times.  Work is still ongoing to translate the runes of the runestones, and a series of charcoal rubbings have been attached so that you might conduct your own research. It is quite possible that the runes are the language of the Titans, and so a translation of them would be invaluable for research into Pre-Arrival Almaris.

Proper exploration into the Attenlund region will begin soon, wish us luck!

- Dilvyn D. Deveral

@Etow

To HRM Heinrik II - @Rudi

Spoiler

To His Royal Majesty, Heinrik II,
Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska,
3rd Gronna ag Dobra, 372 E.S.

Coz,

The voyage from the Hanseni docks unto the horizons of Attenlund went exceptionally well, spirits remained ever high and there was not a single force that sought to oppose our vessels, Eos and Ms Mariana. My anxieties, however, were well present, I found myself afraid - of being responsible for so many. It truly makes me wonder how you survive bearing the crown of yours, shouldering an entire Kingdom. Truly, I applaud you for it.

Yet, all was not entirely well upon our first sighting of the lands - whilst our vessels grew ever closer to the shores we were immediately greeted with an assault of projectiles, boulders. It is truly overwhelming having to recollect just how large they were - I fought against the wheel of Eos to avoid being hit and my efforts were fruitful. Although the best efforts of the crew upon Ms Marianna were not, the underbelly of the ship was splintered through; making our docking that bit more difficult. An immense weight hefted upon my shoulders, having to both navigate that of Eos and Ms Marianna - I thought it was going to be the end of us within that moment. 

When I dreaded my possible end, I thought of you, of Petra, of home. I miss it all, I miss you all, and knowing of my purpose here - the importance of this expedition fueled that hope. 

There is much to tell you, but I shall allow the sheer details of this journey left to the stories I can tell when I make it home. For now, I shall end such with good news. Adrian and I were wed, a momentous occasion, we expect our first child in the coming months. A new cousin for you to greet.

Keep Safe,
Your coz,

Gwynevere.

To HRH Petra I, - @teawithsarah

Spoiler

To Her Royal Highness, Petra I,

To Petty,

It took quite some time to reach the lands of Attenlund, almost a whole month on Eos! It was a very pleasant sail and at one point there were dolphins chasing us amongst the waves, almost like they were playing a game with us!

The lands of Attenlund are very pretty, I am sure you'd like it here - the weather is strange however a stark mix between cold and humid makes it near impossible to decide what we should wear to suit the weather! There are a lot of dangers here, but I know that if you keep the rest of us in your prayers at night we shall make it home safely in no time!

I and Adrian are also married! We have a little one on the way in the coming months and will have a little cousin to play with upon our return. They will need all your smiles and lessons on hide and seek. Teach them as we've taught you. 

I love you so much Petra and will be back before you know it to hear all the stories thatI have missed. 

Keep smiling my ray of sunshine,
Gwynnie.  

To HMH Konstantine Wick - @Xarkly

Spoiler

To His Most Honourable, Konstantine Wick,

To Uncle Konny, 

It has been some time since I was last able to fully contact you, it saddens me truly that you were unreachable before the vessels left the Hanseni docks but I know you would have been there in spirit. 

I must admit when I first left the safety of our homelands I was riddled with anxieties, unprepared for such a responsibility that was guiding all those souls to the shores of Attenlund; but I did it. I hope, that despite what disappointment I may cause - you can be proud. 

There are many horrors in these lands, I thought for a moment I would have been permitted relief from the Rimetrolls but alas - as soon as we made way to dock, we were greeted by much bigger trolls. Akin to the Rimetrolls but much larger in stature - they emit this toxic gas that explodes upon ignition. 

We've also been plagued by Kelpies within our waters and giant crabs to accompany that, we.. are always most often outnumbered or overwhelmed. But by some miracle, we prevail. 

There are many more details to provide but ones most preferable to share amongst a good drink and the comfort of my own soils. 

In better news, Adrian and I were wed within these lands and expect a little one in the coming months. Another great, to add to your list of Great Great Uncle. 

All my love, 
Gwynnie. 

Fionn simply wrote one letter, mainly to vent.

To Friedrich Barclay @ColdestPepsi:

Friedrich,

Godan ******* damn it. I can't escape. I ******* can't. I came here to escape the trolls and soup demons, and what's here? ******* trolls and soup demons. Not to mention a wolf, a ******* alpha no less, tried to take my ******* hand off. I hate it here. I ******* hate it. I never thought I'd say this, but I miss being an armoury slave. I miss shouting in Stefan's ear, I miss testing Aestenia's patience, I miss punting rats with Revas, I miss making your wallet hurt. On the bright side though, Aleksandra somehow lost her atronach arm which she got right before we left. also, I might return with a future armoury slave, so look forward to that Oh, also, we executed someone, so that was fun.

From your favourite slave,

Fionn

@Goon @RaiderBlue

The letter arrived with various stains on it and written in horribly messy writing. Barely even legible unless you were used to reading the half-elf's handwriting.

5th of the Amber Cold

Year 23 of the Second Age

"Dear Papa,

I hope everything is going well for you wherever the **** you are. I swear if you come back injured, I'm gonna add my own scars to ya! Things are going well here, though Veritas doesn't really have many people in it. I ran into Astrid who is letting me stay in a room in her home in Haense! I actually kind of like Haense, they always have interesting items in the store. Unfortunately I used up all my mina to buy her some nice wine as a thank you gift. I'm not really doing much else besides hanging out in Haense and such, staying out of trouble of course. Tell that brat Nickolai I said he better not be replacing me! I'll have to kick his ass when he comes back. It's been awhile since I've seen you two, so I'm excited to see what you look like! Though I'm sure you're still bald and the kid is still scrawny. All jokes of course, don't have a heart attack old man! Anyway, you better stay safe and come back in one piece!"

The tone of the letter seemed to suddenly shift as a line was skipped, starting a new paragraph as new, clear stains smeared the dried ink.

"Amthalion is dead. Come back alive, both of you.

Verendus Verrana Elyra"

13th of Deep Cold
22 SA | 1819 IC

04574akGiXij-ym8NLjO5UPaTehW7I1vmwbpONaj5sgZsuhXg4KojbxAqLPEXlJbtCzi5l6bvz1COw-RnsSSzQaCK_gaA9jWd3lnRiXTFZfovxSv51D5yzfkgYlcAjQX9ZVPWCvd

"To the Society's Circle of the NGS:

It is hard to condense the events of an entire year onto a single roll of parchment, but I wished to write to inform this body of the many strides we have made toward charting these lands over the past several months. The Attenlund is a beautiful place, to be sure. Rugged, wet, and uncharted, it is a magnificent frontier which awaits only those of great fortitude who might seek to delve into its depths.

While Vice President Dilvyn has written to inform the Circle of our specific gains thus far, I in turn wish to write from the perspective of an anthropologist and naturalist. They are quaint, these runestones which we have sought to decode, yet... I feel as though if only we can crack that which lies beneath, we may come one step closer to understanding the history of Almaris for the benefit of all descendant kind.

We have had to endure a number of trials and tribulations. Life on the frontier is not like life in any civilized country. While there is authority out here in the form of the expeditionary leaders, that authority is often exercised with a firm hand. It is a necessity for our survival, although I must admit that I would have preferred on a much more personal level to have gone it alone or delved into the wilds unilaterally.

Yet, our pursuit of the knowledge which we seek about Almarisian origins remains unhindered. I hope to write next time in order to describe the habits and culture of the Swamp Trolls which Dilvyn has described in his report, in addition to the other native tribes of this region.

It is my solemn hope that cooler heads might repeat the mistakes of the past when engaging in First Contact situations, the worst of which which led to the Scyfling War and Frost Troll genocide. An outcome of conflict has never been to the benefit of any side involved, and I believe that it is important to ensure that this does not happen again. I can only pray that the expeditionary leaders hold the same to be true moving forward.

@Etow@Urahra@Wholesome_Thomas

With that being said, parchment is precious, so I will address a few other matters as well before I run out of it. Please don't read these aloud in public, if being presented at a Circle meeting, but do see that the proper recipients see them:

• I congratulate my daughter, Elizabeth, on her recent nuptials. My dear, never forget how proud I am of your. Words cannot express what pride I take in your achievements, and in the wonderful you woman that you have become. 

• To my husband, Otto, I bid you the warmest of tidings and wish you the best in the continuation of you presidency of the NGS. You are doing a fantastic job of making my dream, our dream, a reality my love. I am ever so proud of you as well, and know that you will continue to excel even as I galavant across the outlands. @Etow

• Tanith, I pray that you are doing well. It's been a while since we have spoken proper, but I am ever so glad that you are still at home to assist my husband and my daughter as they pursue their own endeavors. I am excited for what lies ahead, both for yourself and the rest of the NGS while I am away. @Urahra

• Chirr, I do hope that you yourself are faring well in Karosgrad. I am glad that the famine is finally letting up, and do ever so hope that you and the little one are doing alright. Check in on Eliza for me sometime and make sure she's doing alright with her new spouse, yeah? @Rayna Star

• To my brother, I pray that you are doing alright. I cannot wait to visit you upon my return to the civilized lands. Sometimes, when the weather gets particularly bad out here in the Attenlund, I wish that I was already there... Alas though, this expedition is something that I must embark on, and attending to the discoveries yet to be made if something that I must do. I hope to see you soon. @Bones

The many years that we will be out there after taxing, on both the body and the spirit. I miss you lot dearly, but nothing worthwhile is ever gained without payment in both sweat and tears. I hope to continue writing in the years ahead, and yearn to see you all again soon. 

To New Frontiers,

C. E. Herbert"

A richly decorated roll of parchment would be delivered to the Clan hall of Elder clan Goldhand. A blue ribbon had been tied around the roll of parchment, sealing it.  

Upon the outside of the parchment had been written “Fer dah elder clan Goldhand setuated en dah dwarven cetteh ef Kal’Darakaan! Frem Davli Goldhand”

23rd year ef dah second age

3rd ef dah fers’ seed.

‘Lloh evereh’un ! Ets meh davleh! Soh euh! Fers’leh ah realleh mes yeh all en ah ‘ope yeh all beh well!

Et’s been qoite deffecul’ oveh ‘ere, buh weh beh doin’ a’iote. Weh ‘ave made frien’s  wif dah troll chief! Es name es Kaz’yem en euh er es qoite noice! Weh ‚ave alsoh fough‘ ah goian‘ crab en ah scahed aweh ah kelpeh! En well weh alsoh koinda hanged ah crazeh ladeh!

Soh yeh ah beh doin’ foine ah tenk. Ah yes realleh mess ‘ome buh otheh den dah aim foine!

Now dah yeh all ‘ave been updated ah ‘ave sem ten’s tae seh tae various people soh luk fer yer name!

A small sketch of mica goldhand had been drawn here. 

Dear mah!

Euh et’s koinda scareh ‘ere buh ah beh a’iote. Ah ded alreadeh use dah beg cause well ah cannon koinda exploded buh yeh ah ‘elped people! Soh euh well ah luv yah mah eh seeh yah sun!  Alsoh seh hi tae Damona fer meh! Eh er esnae dead alreadeh seh ‘Lloh tae Joseph fer meh!

Luv yah! Davli!

Something had been scribbled underneath the Message  Ah cud use sem mohe medical ten’s!

A small set of scales had been drawn above the message

Dear Dah!

Ah ‘ope bussenes beh goin’ well! Et probableh  ess wif dah war eh all. Oveh ‘ere ah beh doin’ gud bussenes soh dah es pretteh cool! Ah ‚ope yeh beh doin‘ a’iote  en Euh! Ah scared ah Kelpeh aweh! Oh eh alsoh dah, et beh koinda dangerous ‘ere en eh ah need ah ‘elmet! Oh befohe ah forgeh! Ef sum’un es mean tae hana! Pleas smash der ‘eads! Ah wud alsoh realleh ‘preciate ah update fer wah ‘as been goin’ on en dah citteh en dah contenen’! Oh en alsoh mabeh sem loike wud eh ten’s! Wud beh koindah handeh!

Luv yah! Davli!

A small sketch of Hana starbreaker had been drawn here 

Mah deah Hana,

‘Lloh Hana! Ah realleh realleh mess yah! Soh euh, please wroite back! En euh ah ‘ave worn dah amulet yeh gave meh all dah toime! Eh kevin is roite nex‘ tae meh! Ah realleh realleh ‘ope yer safe buh euh ef nae ah asked dah tae smash sem ‘eads en tae make yah safe!

Luv yah loike ah thousan’ toimes! Davli!

A lot of hearts, pug faces and hammers had been drawn underneath the message

A small set of scales had been drawn here

‘Lloh Brotheh!

Ah realleh mes yah en euh beh koinda sad yer naeh ‘ere buh well aim stell ‘loive soh ah beh foine ah guess. Ah ‘ope yer beh alsoh ‘loive ‘gain buh well ah promess yah tae bren’ lot’s ef pretteh eh shoineh ten’s back fer yah! En yeh need tae beh cahefell a’iote! Alsoh ah alreadeh asked dah buh ef aneh’un as mean tae Hana! Stab dem loike verreh maneh toimes! Oh alsoh! Ef yeh goh aneh loike weapons er crossbows dem wud beh realleh andeh tae ave ‘ere!

Greeten’s frem Davli!!

A small mask of dungrim had been drawn here

‘Lloh Uncle eh aunt!

Tenk yeh verreh mech fer all dah ten’s yeh gave meh! Dey beh doin’ verreh well oveh ‘ere! En der beh verreh cull ten’s oveh ‘ere soh ah well sureleh bren‘ sum’ten‘ back fer yeh all! Steh safe oveh dehe!

Greeten’s  frem Davli!

Soh dah beh all dah ten’s ah wanted tae seh! Steh safe evereh’un!

Boieeee!

A large golden oakleaf with a large and fancy looking capital D in the center had been drawn here

An equally gilded letter returned with several silk packages full of herbs stuffed into the envelope.

Dear davli, 

I’m proud to hear you are fighting well and keeping the family name strong, i will be sure to send some dried herbs in the letter when i send it, it may not be much but i'm making sure to keep the packages light for you. 

Damona is doing well and missing you deeply, she's starting to learn to read and write herself so be sure to send her a letter when you can.

Hana has been well herself, I'm keeping an eye out for her like you asked, I believe she misses you as well, if not more than me. 

In other news, the war with oren is ticking along, even your ol ma is picking up her sword and taking part in some battles here and there, but it seems the forces of iron prevail and continue to win. 

Progress on the port home is moving swiftly and should be ready upon your return, and don’t fret I'm decorating your room to be a bit more mature, but I'll keep some paint behind lest you want to decorate it like your old room. Though, I'm still working hard on cleaning it up before we sell the place…

Apart from all that, i miss you my wee un and i hope you return home soon, the house feels empty without the chaos and joy you bring, 

Love, ma

The letter would be signed neatly then underneath a detailed drawing of the construction site of the goldhand manor and as well as a sketch of fergus the beetle and oran the bokolo sit in a cartoony style.

@Datweirdguy

Edited by sciencepants2

Reserved

A note is passed along to the courier service to be sent back to Davli

*A letter with the seal of the Clan Starbreaker*

"Dear Davli thanks for keeping me in your mind. Ive been doing well and good. did the excavation and added to my lexicon collection. Also was bandited but i messed them up real good. Cant wait for you to return home!" -hana

*a few hearts are sketched as well as a image of her newest hammer*

[A letter entitled to Dilvyn Deveral, @greygre, its contents are as follows:]

------------------------------------
Sir Dilvyn,

Would that I'd known of this Attenlund expedition, I would likely have been there with you! Serves me right for not reading the meeting minutes taken during my absence...
In spite of that, I may have come across another lead in the Enigmatic Statues development. Does the phrase "The sleepers shall awaken " bear any significance to you? This is of naught import or urgency -- though if it has any relevance to the statue Torvah (spelling?), I would like to pursue it further. Maintain correspondence with me if it does so.

In effort to save paper and spare me from addressing two letters, please tell Mme Celestine that her daughter and I are doing well post-marriage -- and that Elizabeth is laden with child, whom we should be expecting any day now (maybe give her some wine first to soften the news, yes?).

I'm envious of the lot of you on this expedition -- indeed rather pissed that I missed the opportunity for the initial voyage. Might be I shall abscond onto the next mail-ship to join you. Mayhaps I will bribe the courier crew, grease the palms a bit, aye?

Stay safe and stay well,

-Q.C. Brae

------------------------------------

Edited by Shorsand

A letter bound with amethyst cloth, written in gold.

To Davli Goldhand, son of the Golden Throne; @Datweirdguy

Wonderful my son! I knew you would flourish in such wilderness. I will send your Clan helmet, but you will receive just the axe from me. You can supply yourself with it, rather than my delayed delivery of wood. 

Did you manage to help in the killing of the Giant Crab? I'm sure you did, you've slain Direwolves and sharks with me, a crustacean is naught a challenge for my son. I don't know what a Kelpy is, send me a drawing of it! And Hana will always be in safe hands here in Urguan. She babysat Damona when she was younger, and even gave her a magickal doll, so she shall be quite safe from harm. 

Business is booming, and you shall return to a world of greater splendor than you left from. I look forward not only to your return, but to the recounting of your experiences and the great stories you can tell me with all of the theatrics.

1483350466_DorimnurSignature.png.620468a6a1bdb8a4f5f8c817574ae504.png

2 hours ago, sciencepants2 said:

An equally gilded letter returned with several silk packages full of herbs stuffed into the envelope.

Dear davli, 

I’m proud to hear you are fighting well and keeping the family name strong, i will be sure to send some dried herbs in the letter when i send it, it may not be much but i'm making sure to keep the packages light for you. 

Damona is doing well and missing you deeply, she's starting to learn to read and write herself so be sure to send her a letter when you can.

Hana has been well herself, I'm keeping an eye out for her like you asked, I believe she misses you as well, if not more than me. 

In other news, the war with oren is ticking along, even your ol ma is picking up her sword and taking part in some battles here and there, but it seems the forces of iron prevail and continue to win. 

Progress on the port home is moving swiftly and should be ready upon your return, and don’t fret I'm decorating your room to be a bit more mature, but I'll keep some paint behind lest you want to decorate it like your old room. Though, I'm still working hard on cleaning it up before we sell the place…

Apart from all that, i miss you my wee un and i hope you return home soon, the house feels empty without the chaos and joy you bring, 

Love, ma

The letter would be signed neatly then underneath a detailed drawing of the construction site of the goldhand manor and as well as a sketch of fergus the beetle and oran the bokolo sit in a cartoony style.

@Datweirdguy

Also attached to Mica’s letter appears to be a crude, crayon drawing of what appears to be stick figures holding hands with big smiley faces. One of the stick figures has a small beard and is taller than the smaller stick figure who has long hair. They appear to be standing next to a large house which seems in progress (although it does look like a bunch of scribbles).

@Datweirdguy