A Response to Falsities

Crevel

[!] A letter would be delivered by a courier to all notice boards in response to Father Basil Moroul.

P6edustjgTxJJGiczuZrhAR8wb458hJJPd0Ri7ms6AhJfKP6-oTvQfCP7q9KeckGZiTB_3gFbU710NahnvLaxoePX1oibe9yihaZEQze9pnAP52ZQvhJEHGpddsVm_A0RsHInPiE

A Response to Falsities

TO BASIL MOROUL, AND CONCERNED CITIZENS,

The King and I, along with other members of our Council, have taken to reading the results of your investigation. While we were supportive of your most recent work where you mentioned that you found us to be a civil and welcoming folk, we feel that this new report has been concluded on unsubstantiated rumours that were fed to the Church by the Kingdom of Orenia’s government.

You neglect to mention that Imperial State Army officers had, with no evidence, already accused us of kidnapping the High Pontiff with no apparent forethought on the truth involved. Not only did they accuse us of this, they had also managed to deceive the officers of the Haeseni Royal Army to rally their men against us as well. Luckily, the Kingdom of Haense were able to realise the error and pulled away their army. Knowing the prejudices of the Imperial leadership, there is no doubt that they would try accusing us for associating with terrorists again as they have done many times before.

As someone who previously worked in the Imperial Ministry of Justice, I can say that I am knowledgeable on who the Resistance against Oren are as a group. On top of their destructive activities, they are also responsible for the death of countless innocents which I suppose is a reflection of the wartime barbarism that their nation takes part in. When the King’s Council was determining potential allies for the punitive war that we now find ourselves in, the Resistance against Oren was initially discussed in our meetings. When I brought up their atrocities and unpredictable nature to the rest of the King’s Council, who had previously not known about their activities, we were all swift to agree that we would have no part in colluding with them nor have any association to them. This is a sentiment that we all still agree to to this day.

While we have been taking notice of any possible international terrorists and undercover hostile soldiers that enter our borders for quite some time, we have not discovered the presence of the Resistance Against Oren in our lands. Even though the Greyspine Convention, which we are eager to follow, does not have a clause of extraditing non-Norlandic citizens, we are more than willing to work alongside the Kingdom of Haense to capture and extradite any Resistance members in our territories on the condition that the members in question are individually responsible for participating in violence against the Canonist clergy and their places of worship rather than by association. We will not involve ourselves against individuals of the Resistance that conduct attacks on legitimate targets such as military infrastructure. We have no wish to intervene on rebellious Imperial citizens that have resentment for their barbaric government. It is quite frankly, not our problem.

Father Basil Moroul, despite the disagreements you’ve had in the past with members of our government, you have shown yourself to be a credible individual dedicated to your faith. Do not let the Imperial government, with political prejudice in their hearts, deceive those in Horen’s camp. If I’ve properly retained my knowledge on Canonist literature, Oren’s government would be the modern Saul.

To make it clear, the Kingdom of Norland condemns the members of the Resistance against Oren that target religious institutions and vulnerable individuals, including innocent women and children. We are not supporting, nor are we harbouring, the Resistance. Any who claim otherwise are spouting deceit in an attempt to vilify us.

Penned by,

Arthas II Edvardsson-Ruric, Prince of Norland, Chamberlain of the Kingdom of Norland

nY_q2GwAF0HowlVWkFpqmITLFmBjQgNX8ahro15eqbDW0UpRCJCT2cDE08TzZm3BCUBC6t_1PGI0RZImt-otFlNx97YpU6tULDmThpH44eKggT3XXiO9IwuKgNramtCWHogvmmSs

Signed,

Sven II, King of Norland, Duke of Varhelm, Protector of Highlanders

7eJZCOhMeFrHmIoCQH-5zWdMF8GSsEN7LkqTLdRHq2noUn1ahfqTjA2QBaG69IE-238sahBpzixxQclg5k66Q7sV7c9QPVHNGtxWuH8fZrV7mC3ppUR07ys3pMTw-eO7vvQNLZcH

Caedric nods approvingly at the well written letter to the respectable Priest, "This man sees reason and his Church understands this worldly affair; the Church shall not be a political pawn of a failed King of Orenia nor shall they continue to spread lies to make their wrenched conduct during this war seem any bit more digestible."