-=Jackson Porter The Resolute=-

"Jackson," an old alchemist muttered, staring down at the tome with blurry eyes. Her thumb graced the paper, grazing atop a few droplets that'd fallen upon it. "Ye' weren't supposed to die. Never got to catch up with you, after . . . After I had to go off n' deal with those bandits. Why did you have to die?" Viktoriya whimpered, the giantess falling into her wooden seat with a THUD. "Godan, damn it all. Ye' were one of my only friends left."

Dr. Aestenia Aevaris had just moved Jackson's now lifeless body from the general morgue to the specific storage until she can track down his remaining family. All the while she kept thinking how she failed him. Her mentors had warned you never forget a patient you failed to save, and this one would always stay with her. "Maybe there is an afterlife where you're happy. Van'ayla llir" 

Fionn Castaway had just finished a gruelling fight with a nachezer, something he unfortunately never got to fight alongside the man who had recruited him, the man he had considered his brother for his whole life in Haense. A bird would arrive for him as he sat atop a medical cot inside the medical tent "Weird" he thought to himself "I though the letter drive happened yesterday. A straggler, maybe?" He'd open the letter and read it, only a moment passing by after the seal was broken before a stab like pain went through his heart. A million thoughts rushed through his head, the interview with Jackson before becoming an initiate, the countless drinks they shared together, the year spent in the Rimeveld alongside William and Lorenz, the situation with a certain Mondblume, among many other things. A few tears would fall from his eye as his eyepatch started to get a wet patch, looking up to the skies and raising a salute with his strong hand.

"No one deserves the eternal rest more than tú, sir. Rest easy, tú mad bastard."

Juliya Ipera becomes ridden with grief as she hears of Jackson's passing. She never forgot that day, when he nearly gave his life to protect her sister-in-law. She never forgot how kind he had been, how dedicated he was to his work.  

"Rest easy, Jackson."

Katerina Ceciliya glanced at Jackson Porter's body as he was carried away by the lord marshal. The words she had been told upon seeing the corpse still rung in her head. Her eyes now staring up at the sky as she whispered the words into the cold air that the man never got to hear whilst alive.

"I forgive vy, Jackson" 

Ser Boris var Ruthern welcomed the soldier to the Seven skies as he had once welcomed the man to Haense originally. "Perhaps vy might earn some knighthood now that vy rest. Welcome to the Seven Skies, come and be amongst vyr borsas." He gestured then to the other HRA, long departed.

Fyodor Erhdhart sat in his cottage with a pensive look on his face. Something was wrong in the air, he could taste it. When the letter arrived his fears had been proved true. Jackson Porter was dead. A man who he had spent years fighting alongside and defending those unfortunate enough to be targeted by the bandit group in the woods. Fyodor would gather up his wife and kids and regale them with stories of the brave Jackson Porter. After a long night, his voice would become ragged and he finally stopped. When everyone else went off to bed Fyodor would pick up a pen and dip it in ink. "Too many good men get forgotten. I will try and make sure ye are remembered old friend." the former sergeant would murmur  "Though I was supposed to leave this world before ye."

Stefan B. Vyronov rested in the clinic after a long battle. He had helped save many people, getting them away from the battle. After he woke from his unconsciousness he was greeted with the news of Jackson's death. Stefan remembered the man, though his many year absence didn't help with that. He remembered saving the pontiff alongside him. Stefan remembered how good of a man he seemed. He wished he could've saved Jackson on that cold day.

Somewhere out on the plains of a distant destination far from Haense, Nadya Ivankov puffs on another cigar as her fishing line dangles in the gugrling stream. The line suddenly snaps, the catch quickly escaping much to her disgruntlement.

”Bad omens.” She mutters, trail of smoke exhaled from her lips, her severe features deepening in a sorrowful frown.

She raises her flask of Carrion, saluting her once brother in arms.

”Perrhaps soon I’ll join you, Jackson.”

Spoiler

Was a pleasure to do the artwork!  Unfortunate that you and I have never RP'd though D; Perhaps your next character!

Reserved

Aeira Barclay wondered where that one Jackson Porter went. She found it ironic that all her friends ended up leaving her behind one way or another. "One damned day I will join you all, hopefully in the same place."

Marie Barclay, now Vyronov, stood to the side as the Lord Marshal Friedrich Barclay carried Jackson Porter past the tavern, a feeling of unease settled upon her as they passed. Her eyes set on his face, a well knowing stare at the face of death. While the yound Dame had not known him well, Marie highly respected the man both in life and death. Never once had she a bad interraction with him. Never once did she hear negative utterance of his name. She was sad to see him go so soon, however relieved that knowing the man, he would have rathered die fighting than sitting at home idle. A common notion among Haensemen. Her lips formed a faint frown as the Marshal continued his tread. Her fist clenched as she soon followed with a salute to the fallen man. "May he rest in peace within the Seven Skies, and welcomed with open arms as he deserves."