Only Justice Will Bring Peace

Piov

ONLY JUSTICE WILL BRING PEACE

9th of Snow’s Maiden, 373 E.S. | 1820 A.H.

The brief obituary of Reza Battory Gynsburg is below:

Jovenaar Reza Battory Gynsburg died peacefully in her sleep in her affordable housing unit in Karosgrad, Kingdom of Haense. She leaves behind a legacy of shaping the Aulic Courts of Haense, representing women in the legal profession, and her definitive mark on judicial philosophy. Authoring the Canons of Conduct with her long time friend and colleague, Sigmar Baruch, she enshrined an ethical and moral code for the courts of law and the Jovenaar who would preside over it. She defined the legal standards for how the Haeseni Royal Army are to be tried in the courts of law. Her legal role in what became “legal functionalism” remains her lasting impact on the courts, defining the Haurul Caezk as an interpretation of the law to reflect society’s needs and values. Gynsburg’s dream is for women to become Jovenaar and to see that Haense’s first Lady Justiciar succeeds! She was happily married to her husband, Martyn, a tax attorney. 

Reza, in her last words, imparts a final request:

“My most fervent wish is that my replacement will not be appointed until a new Palatine is installed, whoever she may be.”

Reza Battory Gynsburg, Honorary JV

Chief Jovenaar, 366 E.S. - 373 E.S.

Jovenaar of the Aulic Court of the Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska, 345 E.S. - 373 E.S.

---

b. 1740 A.H. - d. 1820 A.H.

b. 293 E.S. - d. 373 E.S.

Sigmar Baruch would pat Reza on the back as she entered the Seven Skies, “finally! Someone who Almos’ meets my intellectual superiority! The folks up here, they can’ argue! It’s like talkin’ to a brick wall! Now c’mon, I’ve a bone to pick on some o’ yer rulin’s I missed!”

Erika Lorena Kortrevich places her feather down as she heard the news.  "May Godan watch over her soul." she whispers to herself, mentally wishing her Idol farewell.

Martyn Gynsburg spent day after day with his wife who began to wilt away as time unforgivingly moved on. One evening, it was learned that the pioneer to the legal understanding of Haeseni Functionalism had finally presided over her last case, penned her last ruling and lastly, took her final breath of fresh air. In the coming days, Martyn would be overcome with heartbreak and as a result of such, collapsed to a state of insufferable duress. One evening, nearly a week following his wife's peaceful ascent, he too passed peacefully with naught but a broken heart. Nevertheless, he'd make his journey to rejoin his wife once more in the skies that flew overhead. A singular note which would appear to be the beginning of a memoir would be left by his bedside alongside a leather bound Haurul Caezk, the note would read; "No matter where we as subjects are on the political understanding of governance, the one thing that each of us feels deeply is we wish only to leave that institution in as well a shape as we discovered it, we do not wish to do anything to tarnish the court's reputation."