[Shelving] The Fool

Vic

FJEakUHitgZvSefoGvPWd2TiR4xyqEFzLVf3QOe58xeAWGl0RkAsJ7r3iCTH2SbRDiji8K3EzW0b69eo15ihk-fcrIzCwmCT2hkaYh4If8Sia6EPsg1jOtLub9BEDe7pEHSCV6Y4

T H E   F O O L

“The Fool represents a person who is about to set off on a journey. They are often pictured on a high cliff, ready to step into the unknown. They make no plans, nor give thought to possible complications along the way. Always happy to be trying something different, they blindly set out where others may fear treading.” -Soul Tarot

♫♫♫

Spoiler

This is not a pk post, this is a post marking an end to my time playing Briala for now. I’ve enjoyed the.. Well, over a year of rp I’ve done on her, but I’ve avoided playing her for months. It is best I just officially state that she is shelved. It was a hard decision to make, because of all of the fun I used to have on her, but ultimately it came down to whether or not I still enjoyed playing her. The answer to that was no.

This is nothing against the druid community, you all (especially Luci, ily) got me through some tough ****. I’ll likely bring Briala back sometime in the summer after exams are over and after I’ve done my classes and hopefully I will enjoy her again. During this week, I will be on her for goodbyes, sorting out her items, and some rp here and there with her family. I wanted to get this post out of the way. Love you all!

yc0S4jAjJ5pZMECcsUIfLDpBAWcXwesznXKQjrij3ZSImSsTL3057cr77BWM0nlu3ed9Db8OAVuwgkSJf83s7SDowLL1MktwTNAbb4pDPXxWBToXdclYIUMov5VtgSw3kaR9iuD1

Welcome to wonderland, we’ve got it all,

Decades and decades of voices. Why won’t they stop?

I just want one moment of silence, please. Please.

What did she say?

The silence hurts. It all went silent. Why did I want it to stop? Please come back.

They stopped for a moment, but then they whispered. It was like the hushed gossip of a ballroom. They were talking about us. About her. About me?

What did she say? 

Oh. It's over.

Oh.

What did I say?

It's so hushed. The quiet thrum hurts like the silence.

They don't want me to hear. I won't listen anyway.

What did I say?

yc0S4jAjJ5pZMECcsUIfLDpBAWcXwesznXKQjrij3ZSImSsTL3057cr77BWM0nlu3ed9Db8OAVuwgkSJf83s7SDowLL1MktwTNAbb4pDPXxWBToXdclYIUMov5VtgSw3kaR9iuD1

Welcome to wonderland, look where you’re at,

Briala never believed she would get married. She watched her birth father be torn apart by her mother's death, then watched her adoptive father go between women. Then she watched her mother become heartbroken when her first husband left.

But she had truly loved Ciliren. She still did. She wanted to marry Ciliren. She was warned, and so was Cili. They were happy on Arcas.

Would it have been different if they hadn't gotten married? Would it have ended sooner? Lasted longer?

It was Briala's fault. She couldn't be there for Ciliren. Ciliren needed someone who could support her, not someone who needed support.

Everyone that leaves has a heavy heart,

One two three four five six seven eight nine ten.

One foot in front of the other. Stay calm.

Keep going. Move.

One two three four five six seven nine eight.

It's all blurry. Where is Haelun?

My eyes burn. Why?

One three two four five eight six seven.

I've made it. I'm okay.

I'm okay. Pip, I promise I'm okay.

One two five four three two one.

Wait, that's not how it goes. I can't think.

I'm fine, Pip.

Holding your hand under sapphire skies,

Briala ran for her hiding spot, Pip’s favorite place. It was a cave dug into the side of the mountain, just big enough for a person. Pip, Briala’s elderly fennec fox companion, was curled up there. She enjoyed speaking to Pip, as he cared deeply for her. She had saved his life.

He asked her what was wrong, why she was crying. She kept telling him she was fine. She had to be fine for Ele. Ele. What would they tell Ele?

“Pip, I want to go.”

Briala had wanted to leave for so long, but she had stayed for Ciliren and Ele. She couldn’t leave her daughter. She needed to be there for her. But she couldn’t stay. Not right now.

Dancing through a dream underneath the stars,

The voices are calling now. They never stop.

They know I want to leave.

What will I say?

I love you more than anything else in the world.

I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you.

Do you forgive me?

I want you to come with me. I can’t take you away from your mother.

You can visit? You can come see me. Yes, come see me. I can’t come see you.

Do you forgive me?

You will always be mine and Ciliren’s daughter. Please allow space for Valmuel while I am gone.

Please. He loves you so much. He is a good man.

You forgive me. There is nothing to forgive?

I love you. I love you. I love you.

You are the best thing that has ever happened to me, Elesul.

Not sure if anything's real or a dream,

Briala and Ciliren told Elesul of the divorce. Did she understand fully? Likely not.

What mattered was that they loved her and she loved them. And then, Briala told them that she would be leaving. Ele could visit. Briala couldn’t stay right now.

Unsure if it was the stress of those few days, Briala opted not to tell them how she had been feeling. Thinking. Her mind had been jumbled since her attunement. It got worse by the day.

Thinking clearly was hard. She counted to keep calm. How did it go?

One two three four six five —  no. That was wrong.

She got ahead of herself, even in counting. The counting kept her from crying.

She didn’t want to cry in front of Ele. She had to be strong for her. Ciliren was always strong.

Briala left the two to talk while she penned her note to the Order. She couldn’t face them. They would whisper like the others. They’d been whispering for a time. Or was that the voices? She couldn’t tell.

If this was a dream, then at least I’ve got

Memories for when morning comes,

[!] A note would be pinned to the bulletin board for the Mother Circle to see.

“Brothers and Sisters,

I regret to inform you that I will be departing for an indefinite amount of time. I want to surround myself in nature and meditate for some time. Elesul, my daughter, knows where I will be. If I am desperately needed simply ask her to contact me.

This was a hard decision for me to make, but I believe it will be best for everyone. Over the course of this year, I will  be preparing for my journey and saying my goodbyes. Seek me out if you wish to see me before I leave.

-Briala, Sister Forget-Me-Not”

heaH2sc6keHhBbee_-Vmvqdmlqlb8SwEiwnWVrreWOMzCpKryUo2mst8FFvV3IJSTVMDPwQq40Eu5s9h0z0ZbyGyL_3Zk2AuINfehj4M50hKIhZXJwL9sGegX6kJ_fI9XB5eRtju

Now that I must leave with a heavy heart.
Oh, Wonderland, I love.

The Fox gasped as she read the notice, the grip on her scythe tightening before she turned to run. My baby, my first. Where are you my snow fox? The Mother didn’t know what to think, but she knew one thing, she would hold her daughter and remind her how much she is loved before she left. That was at least one thing she could do.

An avian honks. It is a lovely day on Almaris, and it is a horrible, horrible goose. The bulletin was partially purloined, and is found three metres to the right, on the ground.

Edited by Bhased

Cradled e'ermore by tide and shore, a particular child of both Jackdaw and Forget-Me-Not would stare blankly upon the rolling waves, her legs clutched tightly to her chest as seafoam licked at tear-stained cheeks. She did her best not to think, not now, not in this moment. Nae, for now, she let the ocean drown her thoughts in gentle tides, the cawing of seagulls and the brewing storm that lay in the distance... And 'neath her breath, was sung a most sorrowful tune.

"Cruel and cold, like winds on the sea~

Will you ever return to me?" 

Resderved

Boreal, upon reading the short note, released a sigh, their smile didn't falter, although their body language took a shift, shoulders drooping slightly from their usually tense state. "Blessed be. You will be remembered, sister forget-me-not" The pale elf hummed, grabbing a hold of their staff and departing soon afterwards.

The sabretooth druid  would wonder around the grove and wild, upon hearing this news he would  dip his head before moving with more motivation, in search of a friend that he hadn't talked to in a long time. Preparing his arms to embrace them whenever they next meet.

Edited by StarGazzer

"Have a good'n Sister." Harold spoke out loud, the voice most likely just falling on some plants in the nearby area before the halfling moved on with their duties.

Deep in the bungalow under the Lorenthus' hold of the South Cliffs, while the living dolls sat outside on the porch, a hammer struck hot metal in the forge.

Again and again, strike after strike, then the sizzling of blazing iron as it dunked into room temperature oils. The soft tink of items being sorted..

Hours go by, filing, polishing, setting finished items into small felted containers. Gifts, made with Leniandir's love for her precious family. They had yet to reach the hands of those they were forged for, meant to be delivered as a set.

Two more of the gifts made their way into the cupboard in the forge, in their little boxes.. Only a few empty spaces were left now. Just a few more, and it would be done..

"Ehf we could jus' focking stop havehn babehs fer loike ah couple o' months ah might bloodeh finish." Leniandir jokingly complained, she had seen the missive from Briala, clicking her tongue and throwing out one of the boxes, melting down the finished product she had resting inside. "Ah thin' ta little Moon was next.. Bu' le's do 'tis one fer theh sun." She said as she stoked the coals around the extravagantly forged ring of iron.