Tutorial Island 2.0

Treshure

Maybe this is just me, but honestly, I think it'd be most prudent to allow players to do tutorial island while they're waiting for their application to be accepted. I know that when I was new, I wanted to head into things right away; so figuring everything out beforehand would do a lot to help that. Once they've completed the tutorial, they can vibe as a WS or just go do it again, no harm no foul. Otherwise, I think this is pretty solid!

very cool, nice to see this up and running again

I've been heavily noob wrangling elves for about 5 months now, and I feel like something that's imperative to the new player experience™ is making sure new players understand more than just basic commands or lore. New players should be able to understand from the start that they make their own story, and their experience is what they make it to be (and a few sentences on a heavily outdated forum doesnt really do the job). Hot take, the creative possibilities on this server are pretty dang impressive, so I think it's really important that we embrace this idea for our noobs. 

On a smaller note, I think something that would help is making sure they're properly informed of the small ins-and-outs of the server that the average veteran player already knows. Things like, not every city will be active at all times, roleplay wont always come to them, and most nations are organized in their own discord server especially, which I feel like definitely increases the chances of new players sticking around, as it gives them that OOC resource to ask questions and get some RP.

unfortunately a lot of this is out of the community team's hands and it comes down to veteran players pulling their weight in noob wrangling, unless the CT considers any of this for upcoming projects or w/e 

28 minutes ago, Sorcerio said:

I don't see why not. /places is the Wandering Soul's best friend, so they can easily navigate outside of Tutorial Island, or we can provide an extra command to do so. I'll add it to the docket.

18 minutes ago, Unwillingly said:

That's a great idea. One of the things I like about this model of islands is how modular they are. We can totally add in an island that explains nations, the flow of roleplay, etc. We can even incorporate map art that shows city overviews, for instance. Also on the docket.

Just now, Treshure said:

I don't see why not. /places is the Wandering Soul's best friend, so they can easily navigate outside of Tutorial Island, or we can provide an extra command to do so. I'll add it to the docket.

That's a great idea. One of the things I like about this model of islands is how modular they are. We can totally add in an island that explains nations, the flow of roleplay, etc. We can even incorporate map art that shows city overviews, for instance. Also on the docket.

Do you do commissions for LOTC vods?

Treshure was indeed..... The man for the job. Well done to you and your team lad. Well done...

2 hours ago, Unwillingly said:

most nations are organized in their own discord server especially

This is something I didn't understand back in the day in Athera. I wondered how to contact people to get a home, without realising there was a Skype chat for just Cerulin. Eventually I realised when I became a Druid and was invited to that Skype chat but until then it was a mystery. Linking invites to nations with public discords could help with this.

Question- Do new players spawn on the new tutorial island? Or will they spawn at CT? I feel like they should spawn on the island to ensure they don't miss it. Not like any veteran player remaking a persona will mind running to the end.

3 minutes ago, Luciloo said:

Question- Do new players spawn on the new tutorial island? Or will they spawn at CT? I feel like they should spawn on the island to ensure they don't miss it. Not like any veteran player remaking a persona will mind running to the end.

Yup! new players automatically spawn at the island.

8 minutes ago, Treshure said:

Yup! new players automatically spawn at the island.

Fantastic