THE LAST CONFESSION

Iudaes

Joseph d'Azor clenched his fists in anger as he looked over the dead body of the Pontiff having already removed his jacket to cover the man's dead body. "This will NOT, go unpunished." He huffs the Ferryman hired by the nordlings having already been slain. "They lie, and claim we slaughter children, then send daggers into our churches to slay an elderly man...." He looks out from the church exhaling loudly into the street. "Blood must answer with blood..." 

Anders Kortrevich, the loyal follower of Godan, would spend the rest of his Saint's week uttering constant prayers for the fallen High Pontiff with a copy of the Holy Scrolls by his side. Long live the next Vicar of Godan.

Arthas II, Prince of Norland, would speak sincerely to those in the rest of the King's Council, "The Canonist Church has lost a great representative of their Faith, while we may not share their faith and virtues, we should still respectfully mourn on their behalf. We must also address that the Church lost a High Pontiff who wished for the Church to be neutral in this secular conflict. Let's hope that the next High Pontiff is someone who will not fall for the propaganda spoken by Imperial representatives. It is ideal for us that the Church are able to officially accept the conflict for what it is, a punitive war against secular aggression."

A woman dressed in blue hastily hoisted the husk of the vicar, lips twisted in both disgust and mourning. "I bet those damned Nordlings did this." She drawled sporadically, covering the corpse with her haste departure, murmuring soft prayers all the while. 

Edited by DahStalker

Griffith of Gwynon heard the news from the Vicechancellor personally at the front of the Cathedral of Ex. Godfrey. An hour before, he saw his bestfriend conduct an announcement on--- he felt awful. He zoned out through the whole homily of Jude, thinking about how tired he was. How awful of a soul I am, not listening to my friend.. Rage was all that was within his heart. When he at last saw the body, he could not bear the sight of it. It was all too much. He ran from it and stood within the hallway, “Manfried, I meant to tell you who I am-- when you were to die. You were supposed to die of old age and me of a violent death. Manfried.. I am Griffith--...”

The words never did materialize, and all that was left was him crying in the Cathedral hallway.

Spoiler

I love you Goldwolf. Manfried was an amazing character and I had so much fun with him. I can’t wait for our next adventures together, king.

The Holy Mother paid reverence to the fallen husk of Jude II, and merely thought on how she had seen two pontiffs pass in her lifetime. In such dreadful and trying times, the faith needed to be shepherded, lest further pain and suffering should befall upon the canonist flock. 

Whoever would succeed Jude would have to honor the memory of his predecessors and fortify a broken humanity. 

This, GOD being her witness, was certain in her mind.

-=-

Dame Helena Augusta, elsewhere, prayed in the presence of her household, honoring the legacy of the mentor she knew.

"May GOD welcome him in the Seven Skies. Rest in Peace." Sir Charles Galbraith would say as he heard the news, before signing the Lorraine and lighting a candle for the fallen Vicar of GOD.

The Solicitor-General would then proceed to open an investigation and direct all his Agents to find out what happened to the deceased High Pontiff.

Vladrick Bishop Pocitanata Maika would attempt to stay strong, It was Manfried who brought him into the clergy and Jude II to promote him to his position. The Bishop would sit next to the River of Sigismund's End outside of the Vasoyevi Camp. "I pray vy are at peace my friend" he'd say to himself before breaking down into a sobbing mess

Sergei Othaman would Welcome his Old Friend into the Seven Skies

Charlotte Augusta would take time to pay visit to the cathedral, lighting a candle in honor of the late Pontiff. A certain added solemnity was present in her tone, the late holy figure having so readily offered himself to officiate her wedding. She had never been as religious as, say, her uncle of Crestfall, but it held a significant weight in her mind and heart all the same.

Lukas Castile mourns the death of the High Pontiff with his family.

Father Paco prays the night word reached of the Pontiff's horrific death. He spreads the news to his parish the morning after.

reserved

Sven would begin drafting a summons of his best and brightest to aid Haense in their investigation.

A man of such reason, cut down. We'll find whoever's responsible. We have to.

Edited by MasonMcBadbat

Joachim released his grasp from the shovel, then signed the Lorraine. "May he rest with GOD" he'd utter, wiping the sweat that formed on his forehead. 

Ven. Francisco Sutica looks to the new arrival at the gates, his eyebrows raise as he looks to the new martyr. He pushes his glasses and bows before the Vicar of GOD, kissing his ring as he did with Owyn III before. "Welcome, Holy Father, your arrival surprises me, especially the fact you died as a martyr during confession! I do still welcome you, old friend"