[✓] [Magic Lore] The Knights of Xan; Paladinism Rewrite

Johann

14 minutes ago, Heero said:

b79bba22d7da74c1d281d7353772ffbe.png

@Riftbladelet him out of your basement. 

3 hours ago, Xx_BloodStalk_xX said:

it's a good post i really liked reading it jojo, i have a few questions tho

1. why is seer-ism able to work with paladinism? 
2. what happens when mist healing is interupted - does the wound stay the same or is it half-healed?

otherwise it was a great read +1

1. Seer works with more or less any magic because of the naunced and uninvolved nature of Vaasek's connection, so this is just following that already existing precedent.

2. "Half-healed", I'll clarify that thanks for pointing out.

How about house magic? does not mess with the soul and is completly harmless! also only 1 slot

Edited by twinwolf1

2 minutes ago, twinwolf1 said:

How about house magic? does not mess with the soul and is completly harmless! also only 1 slot

As housemagery is a neutral magic, it is learnable by paladins.

I'm going to kick your ass

Good luck

6 minutes ago, Sorcerio said:

Wheres the spell to restore @Heero's nuts?

$30 DLC coming soon for "Saving Private Crumena (and his nuts)", stay tuned.

looks good sleepy joe, only rly have one complaint

5 hours ago, Johann said:

It also doesn’t matter if the Paladin worships another as long as the Paladin isn’t breaking other Covenants in doing so.]

seems strange to have paladins of xan being selective about the "of xan" part, leaving it in the air for ppl who just want a cool protagonist magic and not much else but that might just be me

that aside, its not a mountain of word vomit to read through, so cheers on that

11 minutes ago, Kujo said:

looks good sleepy joe, only rly have one complaint

seems strange to have paladins of xan being selective about the "of xan" part, leaving it in the air for ppl who just want a cool protagonist magic and not much else but that might just be me

that aside, its not a mountain of word vomit to read through, so cheers on that

Xan demands service, not worship, that's how its always been. You can worship another, i.e. the Creator, All-Father, etc, so long as you are upholding what Xan demands- service in his war to defend the descendants from the bad things. 

Why do Voidal magics now weaken Paladin shields and so on? Seems an odd thing to pick from the list of possible weaknesses or balance sakes.

1 minute ago, Luciloo said:

Why do Voidal magics now weaken Paladin shields and so on? Seems an odd thing to pick from the list of possible weaknesses or balance sakes.

It's an attempt at introducing a new dynamic for paladins that's both in line with the overarching creation vs anti-creation/void narrative, a novel interaction for paladins to play with. That being said it doesn't really "weaken" paladin shields, because it only counts as a physical attack which the shield can still defend against. Voidal magics aren't meant to become a damning weakness either as its only slightly more effective than other magics, the goal was really just adding a neat interaction as I said before.