THE SECOND ATTENLUND MAIL DRIVE

THE ATTENLUND MAIL DRIVE

JGc3ONfyZbOwFlA_DINCly4EYhUo1eRpD7Ef-6kg4Li4zEaktzsBJQoPgN9BVuOZBCntMcz3kG6vgjGeHuTMEZxkJ5K6_XrdDDoKCD7Jy0ov980M6Oy-T6glXoCL-Hx1WTnlyU05

The Haeseni Vessel Arriving in The Attenlund

In recent times the expedition has hit a snag. We have had to retreat to our newfound allies village, that of the trolls. I hope here that we can find some rest and prepare for what is to come. With these hopes in mind, delays no longer an issue, we shall proceed as we have before. Let there be correspondence with the mainland, let’s hope they will hear us, let’s hope they can bring us peace of mind. These hopes are what keeps us all from a terribly daunting cliff. So let it be for now, put to rest for a moment, put aside for another day and put instead our quill and ink to good use.

We announce thus the beginning of the second ‘Mail Drive’

Signed by, Expedition Leader Adrian Colborn

Rules (OOC)

1. To send a letter you simply respond (by posting your letter as a reply to this post) and tag whoever is supposed to be the recipient. Make sure to clearly indicate who the letter is for and written to.

2. Any information or contents written within a letter can only be known by the recipient as well as the sender. If you are not explicitly mentioned in the letter (as a recipient) you are unable to RP knowing its contents.

3. The people in the expedition and outside the expedition are allowed to send letters to people inside and outside.

4. Letters sent may contain ‘letter sized’ items that are stored inside said letters. (normal letter size, don’t try to loophole plox)

It was a simple letter that was sent from Greyspine, and delivered to one Tavisha Barrow @Althea_, and once she had received it, it read the following:

"Dear Tavisha,

It is a shame that you are unable to make it to my wedding, it would have been good to have you there. Either way, I hope things are going well in the Attenlund, stay safe, cousin, and return soon to us with newly settled land for the Kingdom.

Signed,
Harren."

A letter from Reinmar would find its way to William Carolus @Capt_Chief26 bearing the sigil of the Bishop family. The letter read as follows:

"To my dear friend William, 

I apologize for not writing the first time, I was rather caught up with familial affairs. Regardless, I wanted to write you this letter to keep you up to date on what has been happening back here. You will be glad to hear my Wife has given birth to a beautiful baby boy that we have both decided to name Erwin Bishop. As for me, I recently moved to the Duchy of Reinmar with my Wife and Newborn Son. I will elaborate more when we are able to meet in person once again, and surely we will share a drink or two my old friend.

P.S, inform Fionn that the drinking contest is still on when he returns.

Signed,

Henry Bishop"

A richly decorated roll of parchment would be delivered to the Clan hall of Elder clan Goldhand. A blue ribbon had been tied around the roll of parchment, sealing it.

Upon the outside of the parchment had been written “Fer dah elder clan Goldhand setuated en dah dwarven cetteh ef Kal’Darakaan! Frem Davli Goldhand”

24 yeah ef dah second age

2nd ef dah deep cold

‘Lloh evereh’un. Ahm ‘fraid dah des toime meh news es nae as gud as dah las’ toime. Weh ‘ave been attacked multepel toimes boi strange moind controllen’ plan’s dah use dead people eh anemals. Et got pretteh bad eh weh suffered ah loh ef wunded wen dey besieged er camp.

Luckeleh ah managed alon’ wef sem othehs tae convence dah grup tae flee eh weh ‘ave made ah new camp naeh dah troll vellage.

Dear mah, Dah Brotheh eh sestah,

Ahm stell alloive soh dah es gud ah tenk, goh koinda close ah few toimes tae. Mah face eh rebs goh pretteh smashed ep buh et’s  healed pretteh gud ah tenk. Ah ‘ope yah all beh doin’ a’iote eh wud luv tae ‘ear wah ‘as been goin’ on oveh dehe! Please gef Damona mah tenks fer dah beautefel drawen’! Alsoh tenks mah fer yer ‘erbs! Brotheh ah 'ope yer recovereh es goin' well en ah cannae wait tae seeh yeh 'gain!  En euh dah koinda beh et ah guess.

Greeten’s  frem davli!

A quite elaborate set of scales had been drawn underneath the message.

Strangely enough a separate note had been included within the large roll of parchment. It had been folded into a small square and had  something written on the outside. “Fer Dorumnir goldhand, meh dahs oies onleh.”

The note read as follows.

Hai dah ah wrote des en ah separate note cause ah dunnae wan’ tae worreh mah tae mech buh ah feah weh ahe gonnae beh knee deep en shoite pretteh sun. Soh basseceleh ah need bloodeh ‘elp ‘ere. Mabeh uncle en es lads wud be ep fer et. Anehweh dem undead ten’s beh nae fah b’hoind eh  dah deccesions bein’ made ahe stuped. Even feh umrehs eh elguhs. Soh aneh suppor’ yah could send mah weh wud beh appreciated. Ahm sorreh tae ask yeh fer elp dah buh ah wudnae ask unless ah need et.

Davli,

Underneath the note a series of specifications and details had been written down, this included things like the camps location and current supply situation. 

Deah hana!

Ah ‘ope yeh beh doin’ well!  Ets euh verreh strange ‘ere! En euh ets koinda dangerous. Soh ehm. Ah ‘ope ah seeh yah again. Steh safe hana. Kevin es stell as cute as evah loike you! Buh euh ah yes 'ope ah servoive tae seeh yah 'gain... anehweh! Steh safe en euh luv yah!

Yer davli.

A Very detailed sketch of a darkskinned dwarf girl was drawn here.

Soh! Dah beh all 'gain! Ah 'ope yeh all beh safe eh steh safe! Seeh yeh all sun! 

Booiieeee!

Greeten's  frem davli!

A large golden oakleaf with a large and fancy looking capital D in the center had been drawn here

A similarly gilded letter would be sent back, the envelope would be held shut with a thick wax seal with the Goldhand shield stamped into it.

Dear Davli, 

There would be a drop of ink on the paper as if the writer paused for a moment, then a line of frantic writing.

What in the sweet Braths name did you do to your face! Do I need to send some of the family over to look after you?! Goodness, be careful! 

The rest of the letter would be in the typical neat writing of Mica.

Apart from that, we have been well, your father is in the process of setting up a guild ranch, i think when you return you would love to help out with that, we are going to be breeding horses, rams and Bokolo, and hopefully more, i would love to hear your suggestions. 

Damona is doing well, i’ll see if i can get her to write you a wee letter to attach to this one but do send her some nice drawings in your next letter, i’m trying to show her more of the world.

The manor is coming along nicely and the Kha have been very kind in helping us during the building, and the ports as well for that matter. 

Joseph came and visited me this last stone week as well, he misses you deeply, i suggest you send him a letter as well, he has been in contact with your father for golem limbs for a friend of his. He’s currently going through it so a bit of wise words from you might just be what he needs. Remember this is just a suggestion so don't get on at me. 

Myself? Well i've been running myself ragged with the guild and the family, there has been lots of grief recently with the war and a thousand other things. I cannot wait to see you again the amount of time i wish i had you here to help would have been a blessing honest to goodness, please keep sending your letter and such, i have a wonderful gift for you when you get back to be sure to be in one piece when you return, i worry about you safety so please for your old ma be safe, well as safe as you can.

Love, hugs and kisses,

Ma

The letter would be signed neatly and several drawings of buildings and animals litter the bottom of the page, each labelled: the new ranch, the manor and some drawings of horses and rams. 

P.s. we are starting a golden cohort in the legion, do you want me to put your name forward for that for when you return?

Edited by sciencepants2

Two rolled up parchments with golden wax sigils that carried the crowned crow left the office of Heinrik Karl.

One addressed to Adrian Colborn@JuliusAakerlundand Hildebrand Mondblume @Limo_man.

Spoiler

To the leaders of Attenlund expedition Colborn and Mondblume, 

the following paragraph is to be read publicly to all brave settlers.

With great joy I’ve read over the reports that have been transmitted regarding the state of the expedition. Even though we are expecting you all soon back healthy and alive, I am aware of the struggles you’ve faced and the dangers you’ve overcame. As the father of our proud nation, I could not be prouder of you all. If one has ever doubted the success of the expedition, you’ve proven them wrong I entrust you to finish your mission And return save.

May Godanis wisdom and light guide you all.

KRUSAE ZWY KONGZEM

HRM - HEINRIK II

A second letter was addressed to Gwynevere @TheIchorDruid.

Spoiler

Coz,

Holding your letter in my hands caused me to smile quite a bit. I am thankful for your private report and insight on the everyday life of the expedition. Your marriage was something I’ve anticipated and prayed to finally to occur. Knowing you, you will drive him insane as quickly as me but also make him love you. 

I pray that the fruit of your groin has been brought to our lands by caring and loving hands of Godani. I am looking forward to meet your new little family. I’ll welcome you and your kin back as I did you when you came to me many years ago.

Petra has been talking a lot of you and misses you dearly. Please do not forget to bring something or I’ll be in big trouble. 

When you’re coming back you might make it in time to my wedding. I’ve decided to ask for Lady Vyronovs hand to make her my wife. It has been long since she has passed on and Petra understands my intentions.

Take care and stay save. 

Your coz Heinrik.

[!] A letter is addressed from Friedrich to Fionn Castaway @FionnTWG

"Dear Fionn,
interesting to hear that the issues plaguing the HRA have followed you there, though I am interested in just what the troll and soup demons are like there, are they more organized, are they bigger, anything would help. Also a simple request would be to keep in mind any spots that might be more defensible than not. While you may be there on your mission the task will still be there in the end to bring it under more control.

Wishing you well,

Friedrich."

A letter was sent back to Karosgrad from the Attenlund to Friedrich Barclay @ColdestPepsi

"Dear Friedrich,

Nice to hear from you after so long. I'm glad to say that while the soup demons still plague us occasionally, we have made peace with the Trolls, and are now even staying at their camp. They seem a much more cooperative people than then their Rimetroll counterparts. Hopefully, all going well, we'll have an ally against the Rimetrolls once we're back, or at the very least a friend out in the Attenlund. I'm writing a report on we speak on the expedition so far, so watch out for that. And consider my eyes peeled on the land around us. One more thing while I have you. Send my regards to everyone. The HRA, Duma officials, that sort of stuff.

Until next time,

Fionn."

A second letter would find it's way to Igor Kort @erictafoya

"Dear Igor,

I never thought I'd say this, but I actually miss you a bit, somehow. All jokes aside, it's been a weird two years out here. Weird **** happening, but hey, I'm not dead at least. It feels weird not hearing a slam of a gavel once, or Franz's random rambles over nothing, or the potential shitshow of a debate once in that time. I hope Duma has been going well at the least. I swear to Godan, if that ******* Edict isn't released by the time I'm back, I'll write it myself. speaking of which, I plan on running for the next term, even if I won't be around for the first meeting, so keep your eyes peeled out for an election campaign from me. And you can bet I'm going for Lord Handler again, I know you're missing your old slave Handler.

Until next time,

Fionn."

16 minutes ago, FionnTWG said:

A second letter would find it's way to Igor Kort

[!] A letter was addressed to Fionn Castaway, sealed with the sigil of The Red Bull rather than the usual Speaker sigil. @FionnTWG

"Dear Fionn,
I hope you'd be glad to know that I actually did finish that edict you've been nagging me about. As expected, it's already picked up a bit of controversy from, guess who, Franz. As you know, I cannot say my opinion for your bid to run for the next election, but I do wish you the best of luck. Send me a souvenir from the swamps, da? I haven't been to the Attenlund properly since my youth. I do hope you've been treating that young bride of yours safe though. I didn't go through the trouble of trying to get you married for nie reason! Behave yourself, or else I'll restore ORDER myself.

Until we meet again,
Igor"

[!] Along with the letter, there was another piece of parchment for Fionn to share if he'd like. It was a copy of the completed Winter Edict

@Datweirdguy

[!] The letter of the Clan Lord of the Aurokanar returns to the Clan member's, matching in color but of greater opulence for a given letter; thick azure wax sealing the well dried paper, written and decorated in silver and gold filigree and writing.

It shall be done, my son. The Kharajyr of Mitzuul Grove, the Grimgolds, and others shall be on their way.

1167318267_DorimnurSignature.png.438ce7bf8fd60ff00d9377b59d3a247d.png

The freshly reformed automaton wrote a response to his dear brother, bound in a black envelope signed with red glistening ink written on the front to mark the intended recipient

"Dear Davli, I am doing well! I heard thanks to your haste of action I was able to be rebuilt, and thus I owe much to you, little brother. You have not missed much here. The Grand King is thinking of offering me a position amongst the council that rules over the many interworkings of the city, and my Mother is going to begin teaching me her skills soon. I hope to see you soon. You are a strong young dwed, and I am proud of the man you are surely becoming. Do the Brath proud."

758611791_RylanorSignature.png.ea1e556836220f03ce14e925f836d052.png

A letter would arrive to Lenora Jusmia, stamped together with a red wax seal. @Bethinwonderland

"Lenora, Talon's is well, just figured you would want to see this. -Athri"

Within the envelope is another piece of paper, much longer.

Spoiler

Lenora Jusmia opened the letter she received from Athri (@neoroseo). A small frown crossing her lips and sighed "Can't the self proclaimed inbred dark elven 'royalty' leave the rest of the Mali'Ker in peace? Why do they feel the need to bring us together when time and time again it falls apart over ideals. Vira'ker, Asimu'lei, and Renelia all failed at this goal because they thought their way was best and tried to drown out anything different from what they wished to be the focus of the city. The only time our Ashen family was close to ever getting anywhere was when the majority worshiped the spirits in the wilderness... .Which we left to join Renelia with the false pretense of a nation, things were good while we worshiped spirits as a city. Then we had to move away from the spirits, move to other things and no one could agree on what. So it died" The medic thought to herself as a small wave of anger started to wash over thinking of the way she and her family had been treated while she looked down to the paper her high elven friend had sent. She shook her head to make the thoughts go away, sitting down once she was clam at a make shift desk in her tent in the attenlund, pulling out a piece of parchment, ink with quill and simply wrote back to her fellow council member "Thank you Athri. It is appreciated. Glad everything is going well in Talons" There would be a lack of retort about the flyer in the letter back home