The Horde Wanes

CLANG! CLANG! CLANG! CLANG!

The belfry rang into the skies, regal magnificent aura of the glistening Silver City changing in the blink of an eye to domination and chaos. Haskir donned his dragonscale armor and strapped falchion to belt, peering from his home onto the main city street which was flooded with not Sillumiran -- but Ferrymen interlopers.

Response was quick, the march of allied soldiers heard as the denizens of Haelun'or amassed from the surprise attack in the Upper District and city's Sillumiran Districts. Ferrymen had already began to clash with innocent 'thill, but for their crimes did they meet the sword. Haskir met with the Ferrymen as Elvenessi and Orenian armies arrived simultaneous to the charge of Haelun'or's valiant Sillumiran, the four armies thunderously meeting in the streets in a pincer against the bandits.

His sword met Banjo's, and the Ferryman captain he so dotingly loved for his comedic missive signature drew back to rush for the city bank. A great clash of steel cried out in the main city square, and finally the force of Ferrymen was broken! They fled in all directions, scattering like rats into the sewers -- but Haskir gave chase with Haelun'orian Sillumiran, Dogs of Don, Imperial State Army, Dragon Knights and Elvenessi bronze guard in tow. His mace crushed the skull of two Ferrymen in the sewage tunnels, the darkness of the murky city depths seeping into his visor and sapping his vision.

But oh, how they fell! How the dishonor of the orcs became known as captive after captive was brought to the city square. How the Ferrymen swung when they hanged from the balcony of the Silver Bank. How the last and final greenskin of the raiding party was blasted asunder by the High Prince of Elvenesse. How finally, the combined forces got what was theirs: vengeance.

He recanted how the noble Sillumir Eradus had been slain by these same Ferrymen and Krugmari orcs, and he gave no quarter to those foe that fell around him.

"Indubitably."

2021-05-22_16.57.47.png

divider.png

Victory.

Lord Commander Amaesil Vuln'miruel was not a lord of a grand army or citizens of strong wills; however, his Wardens had never let him down. Month after month; battle after battle. The Wardens stood among their allies and broke foes on their shields and swords like waves on the Elvenessi coast.

Victory.

Reserved

The Elvenesse High Prince sets his right gauntlet to soak in the sink upon his return to his homelands. The viscera and gore after he had executed an uruk, exploding the creature's head with but one punch, would not come off the steel as easy as the day had been won. It's soul would be weighed by Malchediael, Aengul of Courage for the orc's dishonour and cowardice.

And on this day, yet again, Malchediael would smile upon the Elven forces.

Spoiler

Captain Falcon | Falcon Punch by ishmam on DeviantArt

unknown.png

Edited by Bhased

Maehr'sae Hiylun'ehya

No quarter was given to the horde. Zelios with his group of Sillumiran charged into the fray alongside their gracious allies. For consecutive months the horde raided the Silver capital, yet the resolve of the allied forces remain. The capital will remain strong.

Geoff Turgon heared news of this glorious victory against the dreaded Ferrymen banditos. 

"I do hope my good friend Mr. Tippen Root is eating good and getting big in the gyms of Haelun'or." 

Justice Turgon penned his old friend a letter, hoping it finds him in good health.

A Basrid paused as he saw himself in one of the pictures - thinking back on his past, he then said "I remember going to a ball in Haelun'or when I was younger - and although it looked much different, the architecture has still won me over to this day. I'm sure I won't be gone for too long though - I await the next call."

Airebys is tired of the unga-bunga elf politics.

21 minutes ago, Caelria said:

Think! Find honor. Stop this needless bloodshed. Sail not to the isle of Karinah'siol for blood but for peace and trade -- as all descendants should -- for while Haelun'or bears not the desire to see your Horde be destroyed, we shall not hesitate to defend ourselves.

Ninskeeq'Ungri saw the blatant lie in this news and it sickened her. 

"Dat ihz rich coming fruhm dem. Juhzt de other ehlven day mi vizihted ihn peaze ahnd waz nearly murdered by dem fohr zuch ah zlyght." The small goblin Ninskeeq'Ungri spits on the paper before crumbling it up and tossing it into her kitchen's fire.

She knew the lies behind the pretty sounding words. Remembered how they lured her to her near death thinking they were being welcoming when she came over to greet a trio. These people would not change in a single elven day. The elves of Haelun'or wanted to sound noble, but they were a cold and cruel people.

6 minutes ago, Squiggles said:

Ninskeeq'Ungri saw the blatant lie in this news and it sickened her. 

"Dat ihz rich coming fruhm dem. Juhzt de other ehlven day mi vizihted ihn peaze ahnd waz nearly murdered by dem fohr zuch ah zlyght." The small goblin Ninskeeq'Ungri spits on the paper before crumbling it up and tossing it into her kitchen's fire.

She knew the lies behind the pretty sounding words. Remembered how they lured her to her near death thinking they were being welcoming when she came over to greet a trio. These people would not change in a single elven day. The elves of Haelun'or wanted to sound noble, but they were a cold and cruel people.

Spoiler

Geoff's letter eventually reaches Mr. Tippen Root. It reads:

@Caelria

"Mr. Root,

I hope this finds you well. I hope, now that you and yours have turned back the enemy thrice, you will have more time to correspond with me.  I miss you, and our banter greatly.  Please write back.

-G.T"