In Which Aesopian Does Something of Questionable Value and Not Much Else

Aesopian

Hello all,

I love artistic expression, and I love being able to help others express themselves creatively. I find it the greatest joy to give someone the chance to make a story that they find meaningful -- to create something that they are able to take pride in. It is, honestly, hard to explain how much it means to me when someone is truly able to be made happy by these works. Years ago, I did this by creating events and sagas through which players could insert their own tales. Now, I hope to create tools which might enable your peers in these roles to accomplish the same.

However! I am sure that you are not just looking at this post for insight into what motivates me. After all, whatever have I been up to with that orange tag? Hopefully, this might provide some explanation. 

I've added some more functionality to /aeso. That's a command that the ST are able to use to do a bunch of crazy stuff, like summon fireballs that blow things up, cause lightning to rain from the heavens, and make you levitate out of your shoes. So, really, this is more like a 'be thrilled with the anticipation over what your local ST might do next' sort of post. These features are soon to be put on the server proper, and then you'll be able to see them in action. 

You can see a nice video on the commands below:

*do you know what went on in the neopets forums for years?

In short, I added one big feature, three medium-sized features, and then made one small tweak. Voop also ported over all the commands into Tythan, so make sure to say 'thank you Voop'. 

Custom Spell Binding

ST can now use /aeso spellMaker to open up a special menu which will allow them to bind up to 27 spells to separate items. Each is totally independent, but can be mapped to the same item (e.g. you could use one click to summon both a torrent of fireballs and a lightning storm). You trigger them by left-clicking, and can cancel one instance of a spell for that bound item, if at least one instance is active, by shift+left clicking. I have yet to port over the newer commands to this custom menu system, but that'll be forthcoming once it is converted into a pure Tythan menu. Remember, you can escape menus by pressing escape.

Three New Spells

These are bosstitle, telekineticgrab, and explosion. I suppose this is a very liberal interpretation of 'spell', since bosstitle simply generates a title and an optional subtitle. The intended effect is to just create a way to introduce bosses and that ilk with relative ease. The second command, telekineticgrab, allows picking up any entity and then (optionally) launching them in a target direction. Do note that while moving around in space will alter the angular coordinates for where your target is, you must scroll up or down on your hotbar to actually cause the target to move relatively toward or away from you -- it's the same speed no matter where on the hotbar, though. The last command is pretty much what it says on the tin, generating an explosion. Try not to use this on a pile of anvils, since it might kill someone. Dirt and the like are all fair game, though! 

One Small Tweak

I made it so gaelwave stops lighting everything on fire.

These are incredibly based commands actually

explosion and telekinetic command are hella cool

This is sick, I can see the explosion one being used for giant worms underground

One step closer to the magic plugin SoonTM, well done!

8 hours ago, CrazyBigSpiders said:

This can't end poorly........It's not like we needed to remove lightning from everyone because it was annoying.

I should point out that the lightning spawned by these commands doesn’t create sound outside of a 20 block radius.

also, I mean, they’ve had access to the commands to make lightning storms and stuff already and we haven’t had problems, so

16 hours ago, Aesopian said:

*do you know what went on in the neopets forums for years?

yes i do.. simply put people would trade neopets for their dream neopet bc of a conversion thing and unconverted neopets were very rare and valuable

Aeso, why the **** do you narrate this video like a child showing me how to install free club penguin hax in 2009.

I tested this stuff out in Dev World like a week ago and it was pretty cool ngl

very nice, very nice

ST Will almost never be in a situation where literally any of this would be used in any official capacity

But the plugin is quite neat

Honestly, I didn’t know you had gotten the orange tag. However I share a very similar Lotc-passion with you & am incredibly happy that you are here to push your dream forward. 

This admin and his work have an official #bnkstampofapproval

*u*k sh** up dude. You do what you think is best!

Telekinetic grab looks very useful
Always loved the aeso commands, keep em coming!