AMA as I Paint or w/e

UnBaed

Title says it all.

Ask me anything and I will come back to this thread when I need a break from working on commissions and other random art pieces to answer your questions.

Been on this sever close to (depressing) six years and I think I've only done one of these?

How do you keep your sanity in this server! Also hope your doing well!

Favourite memory on the server, ic or ooc?

3 minutes ago, UnBaed said:

Title says it all.

Ask me anything and I will come back to this thread when I need a break from working on commissions and other random art pieces to answer your questions.

Been on this sever close to (depressing) six years and I think I've only done one of these?

only six lmao still new why r u posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rather generic but who has been your favorite character so far and why?

also

how good are you at pogo jumping? if you haven’t ever tried how good do you think you’d be?

show us your art from when you first came to lotc to now !!! progress check !!

When did you realize the impostor was sus?

Favorite part about maisie and then fav part about margaux 

48 minutes ago, Orlesian said:

How do you keep your sanity in this server! Also hope your doing well!

It is simple, I repeat "It's just a game" to myself over and over every night before I go to bed with my hands shaking.  And I have been doing decently!

48 minutes ago, Lionbileti said:

Unbaed, more like unbased 😎

Lionbileti more like [REDACTED]

48 minutes ago, Bones said:

Favourite memory on the server, ic or ooc?

Favorite OOC memory [since this was memey RP with most people involved laughing in teamspeak] is watching Org_The_Robo behead a lich in front of a crown in Felsen.  Lich couldn't die from a beheading and began to spew out obscene insults toward the crowd, which made everyone start screaming and panicking.  But the fabled Carrot Knight calmed them with his words and gestures, saying he had a resolution to this that would keep them all safe and this evil banished.  He picked up the lich's skull and placed it back upon its frail body.  Before beheading it again.

Favorite IC memory is when my elf character's storyline was wrapped up; she went to Athera in search of the Dragaar Aedrex to offer her services to him.  By summoning Ohowaki, the Owl Mani of Knowledge, she was able to locate him with her aid.  I had been looking for a way to end Nemir's story in a satisfying way and I wouldn't have liked for her to die some heroic death, since I felt as if that would be cliché or a generic way to end a character's story; especially one that I've played for so long, perhaps even too long.  By finding one of her idols within the Dragur Library and retiring from her public service to the realm (from her perspective), she moved to a quieter life to devout herself to a being she respected second-most, after Dragur himself.

47 minutes ago, Narthok said:

only six lmao still new why r u posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24f339bf6984a9503c82a545ab340683.png

46 minutes ago, Eryane said:

rather generic but who has been your favorite character so far and why?

also

how good are you at pogo jumping? if you haven’t ever tried how good do you think you’d be?

Tough question!  I think I would have to say Margaux, my current character.  I started playing her with a vague idea on what I wanted to do, but with an open mind on whatever would happen for her narrative or RP.  No matter what, I wanted for her to be an artist.  So I stuck to that, and it almost seemed like she was going to be the Duchess of Sunholdt; I thought it was a rather daunting title to take up, but I decided to remain optimistic about it and came up with plans to explore around Orenian culture and RP while also maintaining my own interest in having an artist character.

But then conflict came in RP that tore that betrothal of hers up and flung her down a whole other path that I didn't even know what the outcome would be.  I felt like her struggles in that situation really made for interesting RP and character development, which still affects the character today.  A part of me feels scummy for not having her go through in marrying Nectorist's character, but I was really afraid of Margaux turning bland and limited on what I could do with her as a princess and I didn't want to cause unnecessary stress to anyone by trying to keep her story interesting.

With my decision to have her "run away" has led to incredibly interesting self-discovery RP and introduced a cool concept for her to have.  I feel like I've got an awesome thing going for her, though my only concern is keeping RP fluent and thriving to start working at this new stage in her life.  Still, I love her - and I loved Alexandria! 

If you were to ask me this same question a year from now, I would likely say that the character I'd be playing then is my favorite.  I enjoy putting a great deal of thought into the characters I play, to explore all of these potential stories.

44 minutes ago, venclair said:

show us your art from when you first came to lotc to now !!! progress check !!

God...................................

75694d8e370abd00427ce438ba974be5.png

Now

19df9f539028a3dbe6f967b85973712f.png

43 minutes ago, Milenkhov said:

When did you realize the impostor was sus?

I saw you leave electrical.

31 minutes ago, zuziee said:

Favorite part about maisie and then fav part about margaux 

Favorite part about Maisie is how dramatic and theatrical she can be, I cannot express how hard I laughed when I saw her wearing a mourning gown after Margaux and Peter Alexander's betrothal was broken up.

Favorite part about Margaux is her banter in conversations; she's got a spitefulness that she slowly feeds with very vague and aloof comments in small talk.

how are you so awesome? 

what are the positive attributes you would say characterize you as a person? I think it’s important to remind ourselves of our worth :)

When you create most of your characters do you have a plan for them at the start or do you usually just go with the flow? 

What has been your favorite event to take part in(either a big ST event or an event that was really important to one of your characters)?

hi uhhh i wanted 2 stop by to tell u that u r amazing and appreciated and i love u and ur art lots!!! k byeee

24 minutes ago, Axelu said:

how are you so awesome? 

what are the positive attributes you would say characterize you as a person? I think it’s important to remind ourselves of our worth :)

to answer your first question, how i am so awesome is because of [REDACTED]

As for some positive attributes I'd describe myself with.... I'd say I'm a very passionate person.  When I get working on something, I like to give it my best.  I also often try to be very mindful of others as well as empathetic <3

21 minutes ago, DesiredBreakfast said:

When you create most of your characters do you have a plan for them at the start or do you usually just go with the flow? 

What has been your favorite event to take part in(either a big ST event or an event that was really important to one of your characters)?

I like to try and go with the flow when I make a character.  To have them set on a certain goal and not want to do anything else, I feel, can destroy RP potential.  It's good to have an idea on your characters ideals and image, but you shouldn't be strict in keeping on that path for them as they interact with others around the server.  Life is always changing for us, why stop that for our characters when there's the possibility for some of the most beautiful stories to be produced from it?

One of my favorite events on the server from the Story Team would have to be @Xarkly's Scyfling Event.  It was incredibly fun and amazing for my Alexandria character to interact with the war and various characters in the storyline; as well as to see how it affected everyone else around me.  You hardly get to have genuine war struggles RP on this server since most wars turn into OOC conflict and PVP.  One of my favorite things about the war was how he humanized the enemy faction to Haense, rather than making them nameless barbarian enemy #34 on the server.

They had history and a connection, and a human reason to go to war, and I feel like that inspired a lot of dynamic RP interactions for myself.  I wish there could be more events like that, so that people can get the mindset of viewing events and RP on the server like Skyrim quests.

19 minutes ago, Fie said:

hi uhhh i wanted 2 stop by to tell u that u r amazing and appreciated and i love u and ur art lots!!! k byeee

image.jpeg.027c342be6aa53d21b82bb4b5f36c5bf.jpeg

do u have any advice to beginner painters?

who are ur favorite painters

favorite moment in art history?