Aegis – Ten Years On

Zezimus

These are some good memories. Cool to know the experience I had as a new player 10 years ago when talking to others, is similar to when they started playing at whatever point in time

This is absolutely insane, my 10 year is coming up in another 5 or so months. But this brings back so many memories and honestly what the core of the server should be about. I just hope that'll reinvigorate us to grow even bigger as a community

Wow. Seeing Hempshine, pugsy, Willizl33t, Ever, AllenTheGreat, and Lirinya really hit. Thank you, Zezimus. I very rarely have hits of nostalgia but that was nice.

Hot damn what a nostalgia trip, great work my dude. Hard to believe it's been so long.

Damn. That's some nostalgia, all right.

Makes me miss the old adventurous feeling, of when everyone and everything was new.

Excellent video mate! It was great to see familiar names and places once again <3

Bussin . Sheesh.

Still can't believe that was ten years gone. It was good to see a bunch of old faces again from that part of my childhood. It hurts me to see that I used that skin back then though.

Edited by JCQuiinn

PcXVtcy.jpg

This is really cute. :) A lot of old friends who are no longer playing. I miss those days.

It's funny. The skins and builds look really dated now, but they seemed so epic at the time. 

I didn't play on lotc back then but the skins are giving me nostalgia, OML

Beautifully compiled, but sorely lacking any halflings. I scrounged around on some old hard drives and found a few images from Dunwood, and a few more of the Undead City.

DunwoodCathedral.jpg

Here is St. Dan's Cathedral of the Diocese of Dunwood.

SturdyfootHall.jpg

The Sturdyfoot Burrow at the corner of Dunwood near the waterfall.

LotC_Undead_City_3.jpg

The floating Undead City from afar.

LotC_Undead_City_4.jpg

And from nearby.

LotC_Undead_City_7.jpg

Proof that even the Undead were regular players who adhered to the server economy.

LotC_Undead_City_8.jpg

It was a rather unwelcoming place.

We had some really good times back then. Yes, the world was a lot fuller of random builds and the build style was a lot less refined than it is today, but the community thrived and enjoyed what we did have. A lot has changed in 10 years.

Aegis seems pretty cool. I joined in Vailor, and that was wild and wonderful to me.

Edited by d0ntc4r3

This is the type of **** I was talking about in my hiatus post man, this is the type of adventure we should try to remember when playing LOTC. It's not the same anymore, it really isnt imo. Everything is too technical! I'll bring out my first laptop and see if I can get any LOTC screenshots from 2015 

I'm old.