Announcement From The Bone Throne

Lefty

isHBfLfADHHYlKJacmEl7Lqy6k7JknDaZz2Qg2R2wFzVTxAXgvHB2XIym-RWBcYKn69iRTic2RhXf_DnfSlRI8mCE3t6H6_PzybQ-GOpLXsKf5gJTKCfd24Z7ip0QKPzQh6_CXF1

*Missives are sent around the Grand Kingdom of Urguan, from the halls of the mighty Ireheart clan to their fortress of Dol’Gorix in the North.*

“To my kinsmen, 

Long has it been since I returned to Urguan and took over the reins of the clan from Utak. In these last 50 years that I have been Clan Father of the greatest and most powerful clan to have ever graced Urguan’s halls, I have considered myself the luckiest dwed alive. Not because of any position of power that I have held, but because I have been blessed by Dungrimm himself to have been surrounded and supported by some of the finest dwarves I have ever met. With every challenge I faced I knew I had my kinsmen behind me who gifted me their unwavering loyalty. Not a day passed where I was not dumbfounded by the incredible strength, tenacity and courage of my kinsmen, who proved time after time that they kept our clan's best interests at their heart. An Ireheart’s bravery is second to none, and I would not trade a single one of our kinsmen for any other dwarf alive, for I know the bravery of a lone Ireheart is worth more than a 1000 other dwed’s combined. Regardless of bloodline or profession, the Ireheart’s have and always will be a family, a family that I have been lucky enough to call my own, lucky enough to lead, and lucky enough to have brought glory to.

However, all things must come to an end, as is the way of life. I have led this clan through many Grand Kings, through many wars and turmoils, and I would do it all over again. But I am an old head, my cycle is over, and the time has come for young and fiery blood to lead our clan to greatness once more. It is for this reason that effective immediately, I am resigning as Clan Father, and have chosen my cousin, the ferocious Bakir Ireheart, son of Agnar Ireheart, son of Igor Ireheart, to be my successor. Bakir has been my right hand for longer than I could remember, and none of my previous successes in the clan would have been possible without him. I have no doubt that he will do great things for the clan, and he has the unwavering support of myself and the other Elders within the clan. Any who wish to challenge Bakir, knows that they are free to do so, although I would advise against entering the fighting pits against one of the finest warriors our clan has ever seen.

Finally, I wish to state that I am not leaving Urguan or the clan for that matter, I am merely taking a step back and allowing others to lead due to the lengthy absence I have had in recent years. I will not be taking the role of Elder within the clan, and who Bakir chooses to take his place in that position will be up to him. I will still be around to offer guidance and advice for any Ireheart who may seek it, and I will still fight side by side with my kinsmen at any given opportunity. This will be a new age for the clan, and my hopes are that we will once again return to being the most actively prominent and powerful clan within Urguan’s halls, and I will do everything I can to assist Bakir in achieving that goal.

Signed,

Axel Ireheart”

OcqkARWVEeJrb1yXal9Ht43KN8IpIIuR7F5nRiANPRRy3OULz8ewUViBrKKsHMTj6G8DshSNw3JYdVWWhb2cB90kkYDfxrLpLubJouqoWG4X_8G9NvwtIYbcUM__Nz9foshmcS21

Aghuid Ireheart, Forgemaster of Elder Clan Ireheart takes a knee before the mighty statue of Kjellos. Shouting at the top of his lungs “NARVAK OZ KJELLOS, NARVAK OZ AXEL, NARVAK OZ THA KHRONAMMORUK!!”

Bakir Ireheart looks upon the Bone Throne with a curious look “Many have sat upon this throne, from Utak to Axel, from the first War against the orcs to the war against the elves, this throne was backed by Urguans greatest warriors, hunters, builders and smiths. This throne is a symbol to us, but that is not what makes us Irehearts, it is our bond, a chain that cannot be broken. With the recent resignation of Axel Ireheart I intend to reunite our people once more and forge more stories for us to tell our children for years to come. 

Angr Ireheart sits in silence after reading the missive, staring at the simmering pot of water hanging over his bonfire. After many minutes, the muscular dwarf would lean forward and plop some pig's feet into the pot and sighs as he put the lid over top. "T'es es an importan' toime, tae changen' ov tah ivory throne brings promise..." He stops, forcing himself to smile. "...But ah don' feel anehfing." A single tear would stream down his cheek as he rose to his feet. "Ah can onleh do soh much by me'self," Angr would walk past the pillars of the fairly empty crypts above his residence, stopping in front of his mother's shrine. He knew not whether his parents were a casualty of the Inferni Invasion, but he had not seen them in decades after arriving in Almaris. "Bakir, yu bettah lead us tah glory, tu protec' tah ones weh love."