A Warning of War

BobBox

The Count of Valles shudders as he reads the missive. He knows what one driven musin can achieve, let alone an entire colony of musin. The aged Veteran sends a letter of peace to Needle 'The Warmonger.' The contents of the letter would simply say 'Peace please,' in addition to containing a rather large chocolate chip cookie offered as tribute.

"Knoxville nay surrenders ter t'a big mice folk, though weh will give yeh booze if yeh ask kindleh!" says Filibert Applefoot as he bakes himself bread in his new burrow.

Aaron looks up at the missive and simply laughs. "Prepare the rat poison." He says to himself and prods his chest after the heavy laughter.

"Hm? A needle? Guess if they try to attack me I will pierce this needle with ice. I tried to be nice with these Musin- guess helping that one action didn't help." Alyssa commented to herself while having a japing tone and sipping her tea within the dusty tavern in Providence. The 'aheral seemed to be quite annoyed by these news, but, kept up a humble smile while before throwing the notice into the flames. After tossing the paper into the roaring flames within the rustic tavern, she would continue to enjoy her honey and lemon tea, but, held the cup with her right hand and her wand with her left. Just in case.

Kor'garr's brow raises before harsh barks of laughter can be heard throughout Krugmar. It takes several moments for the cackling Dominus to catch his breath, a grey hand rising to wipe a mirthful tear from beneath a crimson eye. "Kor'garr iz gladz! Leetle bahndit mowze vrendz wihl yuze Kor'garrz nu wehpuz tu Klomp agh Wagh!" Flames from the nearby forge crackle as the metal-worker ponders for a bit, slowly nodding at his own thoughts. "Hmm. Kor'garr kan ulweyz mayk moar wehpunz vor leetle Mowzez... Buht meybi wiz kuld joyn en der Wagh agh klomp bizyd dehm? Leetle mowzes atopz Kor'garr charjyng entu battul..." A wide, near-manic grin begins curling around thick tusks, Handlebar mustache shaking with each guttural chuckle. "Yub... Kor'garr grukz dat wuld bi'ag tyng uv byuuti." He quickly moves towards a nearby workbench, pulling out several dense sheets of parchment and some ink before beginning to write.

Edited by Mannamannaa

Garret Darkwood laughs so hard at the missive that he begins to shed tears "One kick with my right foot and that is a major military victory" Garret Darkwood then begins to lay rat traps at the MoJ HQ and his family home "These vermin are living on borrowed time" 

"Just how many of these rodents must I stomp?" asked Anne herself with a long sigh.

The Dark Lord put his cane down as he sat and took to his pen - twirling a small quill between his digits for a moment as he laid a parchment down before him. He began to write, and not much time later the Warmonger would find this missive folded and sent in a regal envelope, sealed within crimson wax.

"To Needle, the 'Warmonger'. 

I've not much doubt you are not aware of who I am, but simply consider me - in a lack of a better term, a friend. After first hearing about your people's migration to Almaris, I've had worries that you would be mistreated. Yes, that much is self-evident. You have been mistreated in ways that even I cannot hope to imagine, for your people are treated no doubt like the lesser creatures you resemble. I can sympathize with this, with you. It is excruciating to be seen in such a light. I have heard your plea and will be venturing out to the realm of dwarves to meet with any representative you'd like to bring in three saint days. An ambassador, or your leader. We will discuss peace amongst my people and yours. Something beneficial shall be offered for my Clan and yours; perhaps to talk about trade, politics, or we'll share stories about our respective histories - and I will be there to offer you advice regarding any issues you may have on behalf of the rest of the Descendants.  

However, I've also heard your cry for battle, that darkness you seem to harbor so dear to your heart. I wonder if it makes you feel stronger, despite having such a malformed, strange vessel. I will say this with no hint of doubt in my mind; your people will become nothing more than a passing thought, a mere memory, should you decide to go into battle against the Descendants. Making the world your enemy, even if it is for the sake of pride, is a foolish thing.
Do not be persuaded by my words; I will not step forward and command you on what actions you should take for your people, for I personally do not think that is my right. I am a representative of my people as you are yours, and therefore I will not hesitate to act should a drop of their blood be spilt by the tips of your blades. I have delicately studied your people, your ways, your culture. I know who deserves mercy, and who does not. You fail to see the impact your actions and words have on the residents of this land, and I will show you the consequences of such if necessary. I say again. A drop of my people's blood is all it will take for your entire race to be reduced to nothing but the engravings on a wall, a page in a history book, and a stain on Almaris itself. 

Let that not be a reason for you not to see me in good light, for that is not a warning to you nor your people - but rather a promise. This is a Descendant's world, allow me to accept you into it with open arms. I look forward to seeing a response from you if possible, and will be riding to your home in three days as per scheduled. Until then, I'll be hoping that you'll see this missive as an invitation to peace.

- Sincerely, Lord Dark Dael of Edenia."

15 minutes ago, Fie said:

"Just how many of these rodents must I stomp?" asked Anne herself with a long sigh.

Aobh would ask herself the same question. With a similar sigh, the 'Thill would put on heavy duty boots, preparing for the days to come. After all, she did genuinely, truly, despise rodents. 

J. Fitzpeter, progeny of the rat-killing, rodent-slaughtering, pest-slaying leader of the Cathalon Five prepares himself for the VERMINTIDE.

"The rise of the mouse folk?" Maehrir says as he finds this message. "Will Almaris survive?"