PRIDE FLAG 2021!!!

zuziee

7 hours ago, FlareGunCalamity said:

-Doesn't allow new players to apply with transgender characters, only cis characters.

I'm not sure if this point is true, I can't speak for CT as a whole but- I don't recall anyone getting denied for having their persona be trans in my time on CT. They'd just have to probably note it down somewhere in the application so we know. As for Non-Binary characters, I hope that gets added to the drop down menu for genders on apps, as I don't see any harm in it.

10 hours ago, zuziee said:

lHwVqvb2Kph-O7oC74RvUAKqhkzm1PHS9diU4bKL43Tb4EkEWXKNOkZPKKVtz0MUEj1-2jTcrS0FjpVrAs9diip6q0WlulScCz7Vp6ng9-BESfEJPRiiXJXib04KaABZGdP9l5kC

hot girl summer for da transgirls and transfemmes NOW!!!

8 hours ago, FlareGunCalamity said:

This is great! i love to see more and more of the community banding together to try and make this a server that's safer and more welcoming to lgbtq+ players! but LOTC should really only be allowed to start bragging about how inclusive a community it strives to be when there's a serverwide response to the rampant transphobia in its community- one that includes actionable consequences for transphobia and homophobia. this shouldn't be a community where people feel comfortable being casually transphobic and transmisogynistic to me and my friends out of character.
LOTC:

-Doesn't allow new players to apply with transgender characters, only cis characters.
-Has no specific rules in the general rules section that address transphobia or homophobia, creating loopholes for 'well intentioned' casual transphobia and homophobia to slip past the radar.

-Has no specific rules in the roleplay rules section that address violent/potentially triggering acts of transphobia or homophobia, despite banning other sexually violent acts.

-Has obstacle rules that prevent forms of gender transition in character based on past abuses.

The LOTC community should not be complacent with the state of LGBTQ+ acceptance on the server. When my friends off-server express interest in joining, I feel as though I have to talk them out of joining to protect them from the environment here. I wish that weren't the case. The environment on this server can and should be more welcoming to all LGBTQ+ players and characters.

Truth be told, I think that's more so an RP issue than one to be addressed in OOC. While it's good to promote inclusion and acceptance of all individuals no matter their sexuality or preference, all we can really do as a community is strive to uphold that precedent of acceptance regardless of how others might try to degrade it.

On the matter of transgender characters, there are not really means of actually transitioning in roleplay, however, that does not necessarily mean that transgender characters are disallowed or out of the question. For example, take @MissAnneDrey's character who actively is gender dysphoric and reasonably plays the consequences of being such in the time period. I would go so far as to encourage more of such characters existing, as it creates a far more unique and expressive narrative where one must actively foster their personality in secret rather than be outed and accused. 

If a person wants to play a transgender character, go for it! All I'm saying is that one should be mindful of the current roleplay climate of the server. RP should remain RP, and the more OOC restriction that is brought in, the more and more such conflict will be drawn into OOC. Simply my two cents. 

On 6/2/2021 at 12:23 AM, Jake! said:

@Zarsiesglad to know you bbg <3

😳😳 Ilu2