Pancakehz

hi I've been orc for a while, made a few orc characters and been exclusively playing in krugmar for the past two years or so

1. internally, the nation has a propensity to attract really toxic, hostile people who go out of their way to make others upset

2. internally, the culture and the people who aren't like that are beyond compare and are the reason I still play lotc

3. I really, really think what we need is a leader that lasts more than a few months, and one that's willing to stick to improving the community - at this point I don't even care if I agree with their changes or not, I just want a leader that doesn't leave or get deposed

Edited by Gallic

Just going to quietly speak as a player here. Orc blah turned me off from the get-go in 2013. It was really hard to take anything seriously when everyone sounded like a preverbal child. I suspect that might be a part of the reason why Orcs have traditionally attracted many players who don't take Orcish RP seriously. Orcish RP has very cool aspects, and I probably would have stayed an Orc, but I just couldn't get over that hump.

1: The orcish honor should definitly be roleplayed more instead of pvp goonish behavior as almost every Krugmar orc i have met bar a few have been pvp goons and raiders

2: As a former goblin player i really liked the way their history is and faith, however when i did play the goblin and went to krugmar i was treated badly for wanting rp over pvp and quickly alienated (in my personal view) it did not help that almost every orc tried to murder me there after.

3: Get rid of the whole whitewash thing. it blocks rp and isnt 'honorable'

Question 1: What is one thing you dislike about Orcs/Krugmar? How can it be improved?

Orcs seem to attract toxic people who don't care to RP the orc blessing at all. Orcs are designed to be a tragic race, extremely honorable and yet cursed with a blood rage that they cannot control. Instead, what we tend to have IRP are a bunch of people who want to be bandits and thieves and get away with killing whenever they want because "sorry curse lol."

OOC, orcs tend to keep absolute trash people around, even after they've long been banned from the server for just despicable things. Now, maybe that has changed recently, but when I joined on Zugha, that kind of thing was so rampant that he's all but ignored as one of my persona's now.

Question 2: What is one thing you like/admire about Orcs/Krugmar?

I love what they should be in theory, a race of extremely honorable individuals, trained from an early age for combat and war as the outlet for their cursed rage. A people constantly struggling against their dark nature while trying to do the honorable thing.

Question 3: What do you think Orcs/Krugmar biggest opportunity for improvement is?

Honestly, I don't know. Removing the trolls, the memers, the toxic people would be a good start.

43 minutes ago, Pancakehz said:

Question 1: What is one thing you dislike about Orcs/Krugmar? How can it be improved?

The orcs have been utilized as a crutch for people who are genuinely OOCly malicious players from as early as 2017. They have one of the biggest opportunities to create large scale conflict RP on the server, and while they may be "successful" in this, it almost always devolves into nothing but conflict founded on PvP, OOC animosity, and hostile intent where 99% of the time it isn't fun for anyone except them. 

Spoiler

unknown.png
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

This is what genuine elven RP propaganda posts are met with, along with what I'm sure is loads of more OOC ill-will in private chats. Luci and Burnsider especially made some good points. 

I can admire that the orcs currently have a nation leader who has expressed genuine interest in improving his own community instead of enabling the problems. I've seen through many platforms and LOTC mediums that you're genuinely interested in creating a good narrative both for your own community and other communities, and I really respect that Pancake

Question 3: What do you think Orcs/Krugmar biggest opportunity for improvement is?

As I stated in my first response, the orcs have one of the biggest windows of opportunity for creating a unique and interesting server-wide narrative that other players genuinely enjoy. Yet, it devolves into OOC hostility. From what I'm seeing, the orcs are known for PvP rather than their RP or culture. 

Also I'd like to keep in mind that these problems are totally applicable to any other community and playerbase, and I'm not at all under the belief that these are krugmar-issues only. 

As someone that's been in the Orc Community for 4 years or so, and has been Rex, I thought I'd give my few pointers.

Simply said, Orcish culture is undefined and lacking. If you look at the rest of the server, there's a multitude ways of RP. In Providence you can rp as: A priest, A warrior, A bartender, A courtier, A Businessman, A tailor, A smith, A noble, A beggar etc etc etc.
Now, you can play all of these in Krugmar aswell, just under different names.  However, the reason we rarely see any of them played is because of Krugmar's economy, or lack thereof. 

Other than that, Orc RP is undefined. There's tons and tons of lore from 10 years of experienced lore writers, but with each passing Rex it churns and changes. When I was Rex, I had this veteran Orc player telling me one thing, then another telling me another. My advice to you Pancakez would be to define every bit in a post, then refer back to it.

It's warrior culture. I admire that if you're looking for blunt, honorlike roleplay, then Krugmar is the place to go. Shamanism rp is peak aswell.

Question 3: What do you think Orcs/Krugmar biggest opportunity for improvement is?

Internally, it needs to have a more defined playergroup and identity. When you stop being Rex, I dont want to see all your hard work disappear like mine did. Make it harder to become Rex, make Orks be proud of being Krugmarians first and their clans second. Have your council actually do the **** they're responsible for. Best of luck, Pancakez

I would like to preface this by saying I am new to the server (2ish weeks in) and that I am currently playing a goblin. 

Question 1: What is one thing you dislike about Orcs/Krugmar? How can it be improved?

Currently, I think the biggest issue with Orcs/Krugmar is the activity/population combined with the fact that nothing new and exciting is happening involving Orcs. From my experience as a new player, the orcs within the city are super helpful and friendly but there are just too few on for a new player like me to truly feel immersed. It has been 2 weeks and I barely have been introduced to much of the culture and have been trying to find a place within the society to no avail. This inactivity combined with the fact that no big events or new changes are coming to the Orcs make it somewhat uninteresting to get involved with when so much else is happening elsewhere. I think this could be improved by structuring the clans better or bringing activities into the city. (I am haven't thought as much about specific fixes)

The small community is great! I think people misunderstand the culture and reasons for doing certain things. While outside of the city may be mostly pvp stuff, inside the city is great conversation and interesting traditions. 

Question 3: What do you think Orcs/Krugmar biggest opportunity for improvement is?

I actually think moving more towards more brutal/barbaric ways (which I heard was how things used to be) may help. It seems we aren't as violent as we should be. Also, I think more shamanism is always p cool. (Though, I do not think my insight on improvements is very useful) 

Overall, I love my goblin and the community but it definitely has been difficult to be a new player in Krug'Mar. I just feel uninvolved and like there is nothing for me to do. 

4 minutes ago, Unwillingly said:

I can admire that the orcs currently have a nation leader who has expressed genuine interest in improving his own community instead of enabling the problems.

I, too, am really glad to see this. I always pictured Orc Rex RP to be watching his honorable people doing great things, but seeing them slowly and inevitably falling to infighting and bloodrage, until bodies start being found in the streets. Ever he seeks a conflict on the horizon, an outlet for that bloodrage, so it can be put to good use and not towards the destruction of his own people.

1. The one thing I had trouble with as a casual coming in was the language. When I first started off as king I’d always need someone in the disc to translate for me. But that’s also kinda fun and different. Nothing felt similar and I’m always engaged at a Krug diplo meeting. It’s a hard thing to balance with pros and cons for sure.

2. Some really cool folks in leadership. With Masouri, Mikaelz and Pancakez I’ve felt like I’m interacting with stand up guys. Everything’s on the table, no beating around bushes. It’s a breath of fresh air.

The community has been really solid too with Krug-Norland interactions. We just had a convo in Norland the other day about how Krug has been awesome with us and our events, and how we really owe it to them to return the favor. We’re hyped to bump up that interaction and I’d love to build it up in the ways you’ve mentioned!

3. The kind goon vibe is 10/10. I haven’t had enough interactions with the core community to see the issues others site, but if they are present, setting the example that good crits don’t excuse shitty behavior could really make the tone of the group shine. 

Big fan of Krugmar, cool cap build btw!

Niv said it best, orcs have become an Avenue for pvp raiders and their actual culture of honor is rarely played. Stop just being pvp bandits and work on internal culture and honor, that’s the main gist.