A Commentary Tabloid: The Royal Wedding of 1823

A Commentary Tabloid:

The Royal Wedding of 1823

fMfIYLW7KghVNP-ki3GWh-e8KR5xGYdFoghFZmico0oFifqQy7I6MfkDHhQ_2o-lKBIij8mtkGf0Fz1LbgtI53oLjsvi9ZdzwdPW22fqtuSMCAdz2lpO2PYi_TGNILgJLtahj7Jz

portrait of TH, Lady of Thorns holding a white rose.

A N N O   D O M I N I 1823

Penned by, TH, Lady of Thorns

St. Henrik’s Basilica was filled to the brim with people from all different nations, backgrounds, and personalities. This made the occasion ripe for new court drama, especially with Queen Annika rising to her position finally.

The Wedding

The marriage itself was plain, however properly decorated. They put a variety of effort into this wedding in comparison to the last royal wedding ceremony. Only speaking to the loss of respect for the lifeless Queen Mariya. No other king within the records of Haense remarried, perhaps King Henry II did not even love his first wife.

On foot down the aisle as flower girls were Haense’s darling Princess Royal, Petra Emma, and a random blonde youth. As usual, Princess Royal Petra carried out her task adequately, however, the second child, by the name of Eleanora, was regarded as a frightened little one, as though forced to walk! Her demeanor reminded watchers of the Micen that the King and new Queen allow attending their wedding

Dangerous Micen flooded the pews between the King’s stroll down the aisle and the Queens. Disturbing a few of the Oren girls that went to the royal wedding ceremony. According to a hushed whisper provided by way of an unnamed source, young Claude stated the Micen were poisonous! How dare they place their guests in a dangerous position between celebration and death. Not to mention the many warnings of battle these Micen have published.

The dress Queen Annika wore, turned out to be adorned in gold and the best silks. Becoming of her frame flawlessly. The tailor credited has to be proud of their work, considering a wedding dress only is worn once. Once again, you can evaluate Henry II’s weddings. Queen Mariya wore blue. Queen Annika, wore red. All subjects are aware of red’s status as a royal color of Haense, not blue. Perhaps Queen Mariya was out of luck from the start.

Finally, many noticed the Queen of Sutica arrives at the Basilica. Johanna I, and can I say, for my first time seeing the woman, she is fantastic. Another splendid visitor is the Dowager Countess of Dobrov, having said her very own name rather than Amen a multitude of times. How self-centered!

The Feast

As visitors made their manner to the palace for a banquet, we all had to be searched a second time. Some of the lords cut the ladies in line. Truly unmannered of them, doesn’t the saying go ladies first, not men? However, as soon as we made our way within the cozy Palace, we were welcomed.

Idle chatter quickly commended as households provided the royal couple with presents. Some examples were a pup, relics, and even goodie baskets. The ones selecting to pay attention to the quiet chatter of the room would spot many juicy conversations that took place at the sidelines.

One specific exchange was Antonius Vilac speaking to his new wife, Lady Tatiana. It seems that lady Tatiana is not only pregnant, but Lord Antonius hasn’t been in town for quite some time! Ought the child be legitimate? Did Lady Tatiana take Queen Annika’s bad advice about marriage to heart? The people want solutions!

Yet some other scandals become of Lady Tatiana as though she doesn’t take care of her reputation. And I quote, “Well it’s a joy to finally have another queen, hopefully, this one will revive the court after our previous queen slaughtered it.” It seems even Lady Tatiana would go as low as to talk dirty about a dead woman, let alone the late Queen.

Lady Adalia recently married Lord Harren Ruther, (Yet another fruitless Ruthern Marriage) and outright refuses to look her husband in the eyes. Announcing “To look a man in the eyes, is to get pregnant.” Any educated child may want to tell you otherwise. Perhaps she is at the same intelligence level as her mother. It was also noted that the two left twice in the course of the banquet. What had they been up to? I shall leave that to the reader’s creativeness.

Lastly, one more conversation was overheard during this feast. One between Lady Maisie and Lord Pruvia. It seems Lady Maisie once again has had her heartbroken, this time by an ISA officer, Officer Mortimer. The poor woman seems to never find love. 

Best Dressed 

We can all acknowledge that the bride wore a very nice dress, but she wasn’t the BEST DRESSED in the room. Some good competition, though not the best, are;

Princess Royal, Petra Emma

Z3W1-EXnJR4VsR7QN5-oQ7fKBEQqAqXaQve1-lsxVfClWixp_-6Okb2nIaj49RSZmhxBMWTVOTpk6gLl4GVAx56vtP5NGGUx_NwRWTcpfAX-adCTOpmhvESIDGJ0gxc54goG22Jj

Lady Adalia Ruthern

xdfTN68Tg-2aBY_XA_8EGu3rI6woyj4_mhPzGkqzRDRQ-RsemvkrvlEm8tqjkDqfThLUgnn3dr3wPCvI5I8rDKNMZaiiff7XsBBNvXDNt4O2dp_vS8gZLxFWrrLkZpsP2a_quvtN

[!] The nose on the image above was rather large

And, Imperial Princess, Anne Caroline

No image could be provided

Lastly, the best dressed:

Caroline of Selm

x8PC_LpVeysfve-0dCi_IihuaAW2lS6o6HfHXDpwJprqvlskBQfArcwP8vQu0YaJuIVtqcR6-rB-Y_mQ1R1AW4P7q1AeCZ--7B-4-DYgK3tbQIvUIsgOf1ElHX-sOZtkDejVQr4d

Signed,

Lady of Thorns

Edited by Lady of Thorns

“Godan - my nose is NIET that large, but at least they acknowledged my great fashion sense.” Adalia proclaimed to Harren, still continuing to avoid his eye contact within the confines of greyspine @Gusano

Spoiler

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/785687409139384341/850233055167905802/image0.png

38 minutes ago, Lady of Thorns said:

(Yet another fruitless Ruthern Marriage)

38 minutes ago, Lady of Thorns said:

It was also noted that the two left twice in the course of the banquet.

Harren var Ruthern considers hindsight to be 20/20.

Additionally, he offered the following in response to Adalia, "Vy do have pretty great fashion sense, almost as great as vyr nose." @shay

Maisie scoffed seeing her name, for the first time, in a tabloid like this. Stressing the already overworked woman out further.

Caroline seemed to roll her eyes as she read over the newsletter. A rather loud gasp was given by her as she continued to look over the tabloid. "My oh my!" she'd say glancing to Maric. "This... Lady of Thorns believes I was the best dressed during the wedding and events! Do you think this correct, my love?" The Lady Greyspine asked Maric softly.

@GMRO

Maric var Ruthern pulled the tabloid down slowly; the man having held it straight up to his face before to read it. He folded it over, giving a bob of his head to Caroline then. "Certainly, Caroline. Top marks. Now I have to get back to the fire before I burn something." The Margrave marched off then in pursuit of his lemon-drizzled salmon.

The Princess Royal, Petra Emma, smiles as she reads that her performance as the flower girl was - perfectly adequate!

However, her brows did then furrow at the talk of her best friend and future lady-in-waiting., Eleanora Baruch @crazedpudding. "Well! That is niet very nice of them to say. She did a dobry job, I think."

Further, her eyes trailed down the page. The slanderous remarks about her late mother, allegedly made by one Tatiana Vilac @Juli, among others throughout the missive angered her so - and she subsequently scowled at the missive, tossing it to the side. "Godan . . why do they speak so poorly of my mamej?" The young Princess queried, breaking the stark silence of her chambers as she cried into her pillow.

Tatiana planted herself in front of her mirror, eyeing the missive the many ladies at court were passing around. "Are they saying I look fat?" She'd ask in concern before then taking laps around Greyspine.  

8 hours ago, Juli said:

Tatiana planted herself in front of her mirror, eyeing the missive the many ladies at court were passing around. "Are they saying I look fat?" She'd ask in concern before then taking laps around Greyspine.  

The next day at work, Robert looks at Tatiana and says "New diet?"