ABSOLUTE ******* RAGE AT THE STATE OF SOME LORE FORUM POSTS

Slorbin

YOU ******* IDIOTS

STOP. MAKING. EVERYTHING. IN. BLACK. TEXT.

I AM ABSOLUTELY SICK AND TIRED OF GOING INTO A LORE POST AND IT LOOKS. LIKE. THIS:

Brief Description:

Bound to the form of a child through a mistake of his studies, and from the late scholar’s notes did this alchemist too conjure up an antidote, or perhaps another brew in its own right, calling it Fogey’s Elixir for his equal hatred of the elderly.

Recipe:

-Lard/ Undistilled Water
-Rakir
-Death, x1
-Curtailment x1
-Coldness x2
-Swiftness x2
-Grey hair from a human elder, x2
-Shell of a Tortoise (or Turtle), x2

Creation (Optional, only if it requires a specific process):

-All symbols, as well as the elder hairs and shell of a tortoise (or tutle), must be ground into separate powders using a mortar and pestle 
-The base must be used to fill a cauldron halfway with the rakir mixed in, having pre-measured for the rest of the ingredients to make up the second half (note, double the volume would be required in the case of an undistilled water base as opposed to a lard base).
-The base must then be heated above an open flame until beginning to fry (if lard) or boil (if undistilled water).
-Coldness should be added and stirred until no longer visible.
-Curtailment should then be added and stirred until no longer visible.
-Death should then be added at the same time as the ground grey hairs, and stirred until the elixir turns black.
-The shell should then be mixed in along with swiftness until no longer visible.
-All heat should then be removed from the cauldron, allowing the mixture to rapidly cool and thicken (if undistilled water is used) or solidify into a fatty paste (if lard is used). 

Effects:

When applied as a paste the Fogey’s Elixir acts as an aging lotion, causing skin and certain areas to sag, wrinkle and develop liver spots wherever applied. Noses and ears to enlarge and bulge whilst sprouting thick grey hair from within. Eyes become yellowed and bloodshot and (with thick application) fade to a complete milky white.

The elixir will also cause pre-existing scalp hair to grey and (with thick application of the Elixir) eventually bald, whilst also causing pre-existing facial hair to grey and (with thick application) become matted and frayed. The elixir can also be applied to the teeth to cause wear and yellow staining, whilst thick application can cause them to wear away entirely, whilst drinking the elixir will give the added effect of worn vocal chords to maintain the illusion of an elder tone of voice, whilst thick application can induce loss of voice.

It should be noted that all changes brought on by the Fogey Elixir are skin-deep, however, and will only serve the purpose of causing accelerated aging in an aesthetic manner. Whilst it certainly has the potential for malicious use, the Fogey Elixir would not function as a sort of poison to afflicted one with Arthritis, Hemorrhoids, Altzheimers or other age-related illnesses. Similarly, beneath the guise of faux old age the user’s organs, muscles and mind would still behave as healthily and effectively as they had prior to the elixir.  

The key difference noted in use of the base is concentration. Using water as a base will provide double the amount of the elixir, at half the effectiveness, and the inverse when using lard as a base. A quart jar filled with a lard-base of the elixir will be much thicker, and have the potential to age areas it has been applied to up to 150 years, though this jar would only be able to cover the hands, head, mouth (excluding vocal chords) and neck of a subject. Using the same ingredients, but replacing the lard with a doubled volume of water would in turn allow for two quart jars to be filled, though each jar would only have the potential to age areas it has been applied to up to 75 years, though having two quart jars would permit subjects to cover all areas.

The effects of the Fogey Elixir will linger until the subject surpasses the age they’ve attempted to appear as, or until an equal measure of years is de-aged using the Sprog’s Elixir. The effects of the Fogey Elixir on elves opting to appear any older than 30 will linger (as they will never naturally age past any older than an adulthood) permanently until an equal measure of years is de-aged using the Sprog’s Elixir. The effects similarly cannot be reversed by mundane, magical or alchemical healing with the exceptions of appearance-altering surgeries physically moving wrinkled and sagging flesh.

AHAH, WOW. COOL LORE.

IF ONLY I COULD ******* READ IT.

YOU KNOW WHAT'S EVEN WORSE? YOU KEEP PUTTING IT IN HIDDEN FOLDERS, SO IT'S EVEN DARKER AND LESS LEGIBLE. HERE! TRY IT!

Hide contents

Brief Description:

A firm mass of dark beige wax.

Recipe: 

Lard (base)
Rakir x1
Blood x¼ of a descendant’s

Creation (Optional, only if it requires a specific process):

Begin the process of rendering the lard by heating it at a low temperature until liquid.

Add blood and mix thoroughly. 
Add rakir and stir until the mix is near black.
Wait until all liquid has boiled away and only a solid mass remains and remove heat.
Leave to cool for five minutes whilst assuming a dark beige colour.

SO HERE'S A SUGGESTION: HIGHLIGHT OVER EVERYTHING BY HOLDING RIGHT CLICK, AND DRAGGING OVER YOUR BLACK ASS ******* POST. AND THEN GO UP TOP TO THE SECTION, RIGHT?  WHERE THE LITTLE A AND AN UNDERLINE IS AVAILABLE? CLICK THAT, AND SELECT  DEFAULT. YOU NOW HAVE LEGIBLE ******* LORE. YOU'RE WELCOME.

hey maybe chill the **** out. they were made before the forums were updated and their text was legible before. they didnt do it on purpose

chill homie the forums and backgrounds change on the whim of lyonhart and sometimes kowaman, take it easy it's just some text

Just now, ShannonLeigh said:

hey maybe chill the **** out. they were made before the forums were updated and their text was reverted to black. they didnt do it on purpose

I'm not serious about being this angry, BUT it is not a forum updating thing. It is a copy-pasting from Docs to Forums thing.

Just now, Slorbin said:

It is a copy-pasting from Docs to Forums thing.

No, its not, because I saw the post you're talking about before the forum updated and it wasn't an issue then.

2 minutes ago, UnBaed said:

i hope you don't treat minimum wage workers like this when they get your order wrong

if my hospital worker even DARES to give me the incorrect food i WILL unplug my life support and SHANK them with it.

1 minute ago, ShannonLeigh said:

No, its not, because I saw the post you're talking about before the forum updated and it wasn't an issue then.

No, posts that existed from before the post I'm talking about don't have the black text either (i.e.

)

hope you know that spoilers used to have white/very light backgrounds compared to that of the forums - which is why people formatted their text in them to be black or a darker tone

during some update to the forums like a year or so ago, the backgrounds for spoilers changed back to a darker color and it just kind of messed up the formatting for those posts, but it's not like they're unreadable

i get you're trying to make a meme out of this, but it still feels a big aggressive and very forward where most people might not even realize your sarcasm (especially when you're trying to call people idiots)

make the musin lore black text

Git Gud | Knight, Hollow art, Hollow night

highlighting black text in a forum post is like blowing dust off a hidden tome

immerse yourself

On another note, though, instead of just posting your signature... I wonder how the way I write my roleplay responses for Aurea makes you feel, Slorbin. It starts off fairly easy to read. Very quickly, however, though, it begins to get harder to read. By the end its usually impossible. A really cool aesthetic of ash and smoke, though. I suppose this makes me cringe though, innit.