Techlock Suggestion - Molotov Cocktails and Alchemical Fire.

Slorbin

Suggested techlock:

-Molotov Cocktails and 'Alchemical Fire' from ethanol and a rag, made through non-FA means, CANNOT be created anymore. All 'Alchemical Fire' items in the world are redundant.

-Instead, if you want to use a Molotov, you can create Will O' Bottles, found in

here.

There is no reason why molotovs, such a powerful weapon, should be available to literally anyone with an edit tag at this time period. This is especially true considering that the lore for alchemy in ‘core potions', under 'Will O' the Bottle'. states that Alchemical Fire, what molotovs are commonly referred to, are supposed to be rare. Renaming a bottle to ‘alchemist's fire’ and emoting throwing it at someone is so horribly abusive yet somehow legal. 

Holy hell, no one should be running around with Molotov Cocktails in this day and age. They're somehow more powerful than the Will O' bottles, which require a feat, yet you can pull one out of thin air like it's nothing.

LT pls make ruling.

I think the staff should allow AK-47s and ICBM's and then go on vacation for a week and see what happens.

fun police 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 

Just now, ScreamingDingo said:

fun police 🚨🚨🚨🚨 

i learned it from you

Haha, no

Will O' Bottles are still more powerful than normal molotovs anyway, this is a bad take.

Edit: Also 'Alchemist's Fire' is just a funny marketing name people use. 

11 minutes ago, altiar1011 said:

Haha, no

Will O' Bottles are still more powerful than normal molotovs anyway, this is a bad take.

Edit: Also 'Alchemist's Fire' is just a funny marketing name people use. 

I mean, I've seen people emoting it just exploding into a giant fireball several times and having it stick to literally everything, and having the exact same effect of Will O' Bottles down to an exact T, if not more powerful. Have I just been witnessing outliers?

10 minutes ago, Slorbin said:

I mean, I've seen people emoting it just exploding into a giant fireball several times and having it stick to literally everything, and having the exact same effect of Will O' Bottles down to an exact T, if not more powerful. Have I just been witnessing outliers?

Then call em out for powergaming. Fire spreads, ja, but it isn't an all powerful force.

13 minutes ago, altiar1011 said:

Then call em out for powergaming. Fire spreads, ja, but it isn't an all powerful force.

this

just because people powergame something doesn't mean it's actually that strong of an item, it's just being rp'd poorly

32 minutes ago, Slorbin said:

Modreq

Ahahahahahaha

No

molotovs are weak anyways unless you use gasoline which we dont have, or modern day booze

if you think someone is powergaming their flaming quick burn booze bottles just modreq

no need to go as far as techlock

i just don't think more ooc rules/restrictions of rp possibilities is cool when it's just something that should be dealt with via a mod since it would pretty much fall under powergaming

This ain't it. You expect techlock to be changed for flammables simply because you failed to /modreq in the face of metagaming? Omegalol.

If molotovs were to be removed from techlock then you might as well kiss every other flammable material goodbye. Oil, alcohol, etc. It just wouldn't make sense. The number of possibilities for other things that could be created would be rendered null; such as torches or oil lanterns to name a few.