A Call For Compromise

A CALL FOR COMPROMISE

GCEerieYtgFo7HuPw0yT9HO_-6zJBk_9KgeGGiMGImM50iRtFykKlAuKRCDQ7YK8EGXK8FEhoSF5DioOoMxPwsHz3K32Rqql9CAcdsJtmXzT2QggPwaBYhbpMwgNU6D0Jd-fXEFB

[!] Lord Speaker Igor Kort writing in his office after a session of Duma, 376 E.S.

[!] The letter is published to the entire public, though copies are sent to the following:

His Excellency, Lord Palatine Maric var Ruthern @GMRO

His Highness, Grand Maer Otto August Barbanov @Mio

His Grace, Lord Handler Ruslan Baruch @Sarmadonn
The Honorable Alderman, Royal Inquisitor Anders Kortrevich @Crevel

Va Birodeo Herzenav ag Edlervik,

“I preface this letter by publicly apologizing for my recent conduct as Lord Speaker. Not because of the edicts that I have passed nor because of the powers I have executed, as they are well within my legal right and duty, but because of the lack of transparency I have shown in my recent years. I admit that I have not been the most impartial Speaker, though I have already explained why that is not a legal requirement. In any case, I apologize for my recent conduct. Furthermore, I have made an oath in front of the Duma, the Black Bulava, and His Majesty Heinrik II that I would fix my behavior and that I will be more transparent with the Duma in the future. Therefore, it is my sincere hope that The Lord Palatine, Grand Maer, Lord Handler, and Royal Inquisitor can all meet with me as I intend to draft a second edict. This edict will also be brought to the Royal Duma for debate, if the schedule allows for such, though the approval of this edict is solely His Majesties. I do this not as an act of any repentance, nor as an act to try and further the executive powers of the Office that I hold, but to ensure that the representation of the people are involved with this edict as much as possible.”

Signed,
His Excellency, The Lord Speaker, Igor Kort

Anders Kortrevich would scoff at the Lord Speaker's letter privately in his homely office at the Kortrevich Manor in Karosgrad, he would put it aside as he brings a copy of 'A Guide to the Royal Duma' to his eyes before signing the Hussariyan cross on his chest. Anders would bring out a piece of parchment from his assorted pile of documents and papers as he begins to scribe the following:

"To the Lord Speaker, Igor Kort,

As a member of the faithful, I find it disconcerting that you were unable to keep your word and oath that you swore in the Duma session previous to last. This was displayed through the lies you spoke in our most recent session where you claimed to have consulted those you did not in order to make your tie-breaking decision. While I appreciate your vote that allowed me to become Royal Inquisitor, the methods you have employed to justify your vote for me instead of to the candidate who had previously seeked your removal has shown a disservice to your position and to Godan.

As per your claim that it is not a legal requirement to be impartial, you would be partially mistaken. If you see to the 'Guide of the Royal Duma' published in 353 by the Office of the Speaker, you will see that in the first paragraph under the Roles and Duties of the Lord Speaker that the Speaker is sworn to impartiality, meaning that they must be unbiased and neutral in their position. You have admitted in the past and in your letter too that you have not been impartial, violating one of the simplest duties required of you in your position. The only compromise that I shall accept is your immediate resignation to protect the integrity of the Office of the Speaker. Furthermore, I hope you are able to find penance in the Basilica so that you do not fall from Godan's grace and good will.

With Godan in my Prayers,

Royal Inquisitor, Anders Kortrevich"

Finishing the letter, he would take it directly to the Office of the Speaker himself and slips it onto his desk.

@erictafoya

1 hour ago, Crevel said:

Anders Kortrevich would scoff at the Lord Speaker's letter privately in his homely office at the Kortrevich Manor in Karosgrad, he would put it aside as he brings a copy of 'A Guide to the Royal Duma' to his eyes before signing the Hussariyan cross on his chest. Anders would bring out a piece of parchment from his assorted pile of documents and papers as he begins to scribe the following:

"To the Lord Speaker, Igor Kort,

As a member of the faithful, I find it disconcerting that you were unable to keep your word and oath that you swore in the Duma session previous to last. This was displayed through the lies you spoke in our most recent session where you claimed to have consulted those you did not in order to make your tie-breaking decision. While I appreciate your vote that allowed me to become Royal Inquisitor, the methods you have employed to justify your vote for me instead of to the candidate who had previously seeked your removal has shown a disservice to your position and to Godan.

As per your claim that it is not a legal requirement to be impartial, you would be partially mistaken. If you see to the 'Guide of the Royal Duma' published in 353 by the Office of the Speaker, you will see that in the first paragraph under the Roles and Duties of the Lord Speaker that the Speaker is sworn to impartiality, meaning that they must be unbiased and neutral in their position. You have admitted in the past and in your letter too that you have not been impartial, violating one of the simplest duties required of you in your position. The only compromise that I shall accept is your immediate resignation to protect the integrity of the Office of the Speaker. Furthermore, I hope you are able to find penance in the Basilica so that you do not fall from Godan's grace and good will.

With Godan in my Prayers,

Royal Inquisitor, Anders Kortrevich"

Finishing the letter, he would take it directly to the Office of the Speaker himself and slips it onto his desk.

@erictafoya

"To the Honorable Alderman, Royal Inquisitor Anders Kortrevich,

I'd first like to address that your point on referencing the 'Guide of the Royal Duma' is both decades old and holds no legal weight. It merely states a precedent that has been set for a century, though that does not mean that it is legally binding. In fact, I am not the only Lord Speaker to show bias or impartiality. I have never taken an oath like that when I took Office, I merely accepted the duty that was given to me. I follow what is written into law and what I am commanded to do, not what is written in a guide. Therefore, it is not a duty for me to be impartial, rather a precedent that I can choose to follow or abandon as is my legal right. I say again, no where in the Haural Caezk does it ever state that my position has to be impartial. However, this does not mean that I am choosing to abandon that precedent. I did indeed swear to the Koeng himself that I would improve the way I handled sittings of the Royal Duma. If I showed an ounce of bias in that previous session, he would have removed me already as he was present. The sole reason as to why I invited you is so that there is an odd amount of signatories and so you can ensure that the process is as unbiased as possible. The Spring Edict has nothing to do with the position of the Speaker, rather the entire office that I manage and other changes to the Office of the Maer, as is why the Grand Maer was also invited for his input. As for the previous session, I admit that I was tired that day and was not of clear mind. However, I do hold evidence of myself consulting the Lord Handler. He is my deputy, and his opinion was valued in my decision making. I went against his word only because the organization of the previous session was messy and because I understand the importance of the reason of Canonism within the Aulic Offices.

As for your request for my resignation, you are not the first nor will you be the last to try. I've never quit unless commanded to do so by our Koeng. His Holiness, High Pontiff Tylos I, already knows all of my sins. I confessed to him a long time ago on actual sins, not because I simply have an opinion that I am entitled to."

Signed,
His Excellency, The Lord Speaker, Igor Kort

[!] A quick response is sent to Anders via teenage courier