On the Pursuit of Asioth

MikoMonster

♫♫♫

On the Pursuit of Asioth

[OOC: This document can only be accessed IRPly by @Spoons]

oxeO6EzR1eQ5QOD9vu64yV-hn4r4M9plt-yRHG7XCUYK_g_7SURXvgVrtcXTSbTwBME4RfygOnupQxXX3YPvK6Ua9F-JUY5SN27O5fNx0Z5SDrEhXyUnB9S9oNxQEI3axOfonBEa

“Greater loves lesser; core loves periphery.” 

- the Teacher, Eresar sin Nathemas

Fire of Exaltation

“For First-Born, his royal kin climbed the bright heavens,

and brought him the sparks of starry grandeur held there.

Loving, he lapped up the red waters of their muse,

and raised them upon a throne of shining thunder.

In turn they filled his vessel with timeless insight,

and wrote his name upon the book of Asioth.

Like the golden sun was above the misty weald,

a thousand lives were warmed by but a single source.

Asioth held the power beyond all power.

Each was raised above his brothers: exaltation.”

The relationship between the Great Titan and his sons and daughters follows the ancient adage of ‘give, and you shall receive.’ The Nephilim bring to First-Born their treasures, glory, and inspiration. In turn, they receive joy and meaning- renowned in the name of Azdromoth. The flame in the blood and souls of herald and dragon alike. Nothing can be achieved without sacrifice, and Asioth does not stray from this rule. It is the Nephilim who roam the corners of the world and experience that which those in the heavens cannot. It is their wisdom which fuels the omniscient presence of those like the Great Titan. It is as you once told me, Krendogron: that which belongs to the heavens must remain in the heavens, and that which belongs to the earth must remain on the earth until we inevitably meet our maker once again. The Fire of Exaltation- Asioth grants what nothing else can.

Vessel of Sublimity

“For First-Born, his loving kin plumb the darkest depths,

and give him the seeds of earthly beauty held there.

Being, they tear down the white branches of his cage,

and put upon him a crown of humming crystal.

In turn he lights their fires with lively knowledge,

and seats them all beneath the tree of Asioth.

Like the silver moon is within the tossing sea,

a thousand lights reflect from but a single source.

Asioth reveals the subtle and hides the known.

Each is found within his brothers: sublimity.”

Vessel of Sublimity, twin to the Fire of Exaltation. The Nephilim bring the Great Titan the knowledge and beautiful creations of earth, and free him from his bonds beneath the earth. Just as in the story of the creation of the Nephilim, he is released from his imprisonment and restored to his rightful state of splendor. In exchange for their loyalty, he grants them the pursuit of Asioth. The right to chase divine freedom. Like how the moon reflects upon the waves and ripples of the infinite ocean, Asioth affects each of First-Borns children individually and in their own way and yet as one. Sublimity- beauty and freedom.

Parable of Horen

“Horen encountered the Great Titan on the road, and said to him ‘I have never said anything the truth of which I was not completely certain.’

The Titan said unto him ‘Be thankful I do not say the same.’”

Where many believe that honesty and restraint from the telling of lies is what grants one divinity, this is not true for all. Speech is not guaranteed to be truthful, and the Great Titan exhibits this himself. The words of others cannot always be trusted, and the telling of mistruths does not prevent one from obtaining Asioth. Not everyone is worthy of full transparency. In my eyes, actions are the only way to prove complete honesty, no matter the individual. 

Parable of the Drakaar

“A Drakaar encountered the Great Titan in flight and said to him ‘I have read your book. I, too, have a glowing voice.’

The Titan said to him ‘That is nonsense. How can a voice glow?’”

The Drakaar’s mention of a glowing voice refers to the Vessel of Knowledge and Fire of Splendor within Elesar’s The Aurelects. Within these aurelects, First-Born’s glowing voice is used when describing the conquering and naming of nations under his rule. I believe that the glowing voice has nothing to do with the Great Titan’s words, nor his ability to persuade entire nations as the Drakaar perceives. Instead, the glowing voice is Asioth itself. The divine freedom which all nations bend to and long for without ever learning its name. There is no such thing as a glowing voice, as Asioth belongs to all and to none. As a glowing voice can be described and wielded, it can not be pictured. That is Asioth. 

On Answers

“Eresar asked his student ‘Where is the white-gold seed planted?’ to which he responded ‘In the red-gold earth.’

The Teacher said ‘No. Go and re-read the Vessel of Growth’ to which the student said ‘But I have asked you the same question, and that is what you told me.’

Eresar asked him ‘What is your name?’

In On Answers, Eresar asks a question of his student. However, instead of answering the question on his own, the student recites the answer that Eresar himself had given previously. When the student questions why his teacher saw this response as incorrect, he responds with a question of his own. By asking ‘what is your name,’ Eresar is explaining to his student that every individual has their own answers to the same questions. This is reflected in the pursuit of Asioth. Though pursuing the same goal- all individuals can obtain divine freedom in their own way. In short, Eresar uses the metaphor of answers to explain the individuality of the pursuit of Asioth.

The Pursuit

Throughout my analysis of the writings of Eresar sin Nethemas, my path to Asioth may have become apparent. Silence is my own way of obtaining Asioth. Though pieces of the text may refute this, the main point remains clear. Divine freedom can be obtained through any method so long as the hunter puts in the effort to reach it- there are no exceptions. In my experience, there is no situation where words strike harder than actions. There are no words that can demonstrate one’s true self, nor their beliefs. No comments nor speeches are guaranteed to change anything in this world. The easiest way to teach is to demonstrate, not to write. The easiest way to harm is to injure, not to insult. The easiest way to heal is to tend, not to comfort. Speech is to be used minimally, in conversation with those I hold dear or to convey brief messages of importance. 

I decide the worth of others through observation. If I cannot see their merit through their actions and composure, then their words mean nothing to me. I would rather remain in a state of stoic silence and conduct myself as I need to. In combat, paying attention and obeying orders is the only position I need to take for my company to emerge victorious. Efficiency and professionalism above all else, naught but silence is needed in most moments. By holding my tongue, I notice what many do not. Divine freedom is found in my actions, not in my words. In Silence, I pursue Asioth.

Signed,

Josephine E. Ross

"Truly - one cannot hope to explain Asioth - nor can one claim to achieve it. One must become Asioth, and move with it as it moves with him. Asioth is the path of life, one that forever moulds and changes as one breaths and grows. Ideas new and old are taken and discarded, we become like a strand of fire, forever changing." Mustered some Azdrazi upon reading the missive with a nod. 

A hooded scholar remarked favorably upon the writing as he set sail for the eastern Sunsea.

"My congregation thrives in spirit and thought!"