[✗] [Lore] Musketry

Hanrahan

1 minute ago, breeni said:

what mc item will represent a musket for my immersion 

that would be a named crossbow!

+1 I will give anyone a hug that upvotes!

6 minutes ago, Hanrahan said:

I believe that they should be introduced as a vanilla item that anyone can access.

vanilla means it's in the base game so i think you're appealing to the wrong crowd if you want guns in vanilla minecraft

This has been posted time and time and time again, Firearms are ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENT than crossbows in terms of use and form. The only thing firearms offer is increased roleplay flavor and yknow what? THAT IS A GOOD THING. We can have super elven mages who can control someones mind and warp time and space but firearms with the same function as a crossbow is too “out of place” get outta here with that...

You have a sect of players ready to adapt to this roleplay and are simply waiting for it, numerous times people have wrote astounding lore that makes sense and is well written.

Again let me say this out loud

A MUSKET HAS THE SAME POWERGAME POTENTIAL AS A CROSSBOW

If crossbows are not banned, nor should be firearms.

To all you out there concerned about ‘muh arpee!’ all I can say is there are a bunch of bleeding hearts around here that cant stand change in roleplay or to adapt to something that might be able to counter their special elven magic. All I can say is go on and bleed. 

6 minutes ago, Luciloo said:

No.

very constructive!

+1 if I can become a gunsmith by default.

i want to see the next warclaim be fought in trenches +1

2 minutes ago, Bhased said:

vanilla means it's in the base game so i think you're appealing to the wrong crowd if you want guns in vanilla minecraft

b17c22260d43f7410b2c9ed30a7c07ce.png

You know these exist, right?

edit: unironically idk why you skipped past matchlocks and went straight to flintlocks; matchlocks are cool as hell and actually have so many environmental factors causing them to fail. you could easily have 5 people speed load a matchlock in an infantry line and all 5 fail loading, or having messed up powder, don't set the match cord correctly, don't set the traypan right, maybe they don't even leave the traypan open outright and forget -- and then the ball even if they succeed to fire doesn't hit the target.

also let me add that a lot of battle rifles that were matchlock/flintlock weren't .45 caliber or .50 caliber, they were very large rounded metal balls at .72-.76 caliber and they literally blew off limbs if they hit you right. rifles are stronger, if they got added don't nerf them by turning them into dogwater carbines.