[✗] [Lore] Musketry

Hanrahan

Please god no

The most heavily debated topic to date. We have the players that type 'no' as if this is some voting booth, and the players posting memes. Thank god none of you make decisions for the server.

10 minutes ago, Taketheshot said:

We can have super elven mages who can control someones mind and warp time and space but firearms with the same function as a crossbow is too “out of place” get outta here with that...

It's not about how believable something would be, it's about if it's allowed or not, and at the time, firearms are not allowed due to the techlock.
Also, if you wanna counter a mage, just punch their nose in, it's even easier than loading a crossbow, you can also grab a rock and throw it.

I disagree, don't want guns and I also don't hate Oren.

Where do I fit in now?

4 minutes ago, Taketheshot said:

We can have super elven mages who can control someones mind and warp time and space

can we though?

1 minute ago, DrakeHaze. said:

The most heavily debated topic to date. We have the players that type 'no' as if this is some voting booth, and the players posting memes. Thank god none of you make decisions for the server.

I already did a multi-hour debate on the last gun thread, it was funny. 

This is just sad now. 

gun lore 3.0 when

3 minutes ago, JoanOfArc said:

90QskmTkGAx6fxffQeIxYRlYiX4St_1ULpZuB4x0CKuGTk-YEkRJurVHqxUciODOucCyAHPfm30B5vtCaAwMvGbjWhTkfzHymSaC7ZrU7MBwquA7tqS0RZUmXTQcbaOTBq4cKvA9

Niënor and Haskir, after a long day of shooting their cannon towards the Suticans in 1820, finally rested. Having finally received their Sohaer-mandated Aeldinic muskets, they smirked as Niënor held the musket just in view, and then faced the imported Imperial camera.

Haskir sings a to-ro-ro and a ro-ro-ro for the Imperial State Grenadiers! He smiles for the camera before dialing up @Jentos on his copper-wired landline Novellan Phone. "Jolly old chap my boy Gamling, come on down to the local pub! Drinks on me, my old pal!"

where am i

so when we reach the year 2000 can i have an iPod irp?

okay real constructive criticism time, i honesty DONT have much to say other than it isn’t my preference, just like getting knee deep in x player groups rp isnt my preference. i do believe once players get away from this strange obsession w/ nappy wars rp, the whole interest in this will go out.

im in the camp that magic should be pretty damn powerful, and i liken LoTC more to TES than historically accurate sim. i wouldn’t have fun with a musket but i bet someone else would! with magic, the argument could be made that you have to spend real life weeks (or have a really good hookup) to learn it, it takes time. with this, it seems like any old noob could pick up a rifle and then rp landing a head shot and mercing someone.

i rlly don’t want to steal a sweet roll and get gunned down by line infantry, and then be told in OOC there was no way I could’ve survived / dodged that 

Just now, yandeer said:

can we though?

Probably, that or you eat my soul and wipe my memories, some sorta magical stuff. 

Just now, Taketheshot said:

Probably, that or you eat my soul and wipe my memories, some sorta magical stuff. 

so the answer to my rhetorical question was 'no, you cannot'

3 minutes ago, altiar1011 said:

I already did a multi-hour debate on the last gun thread, it was funny. 

This is just sad now. 

If you've already added to the debate previously why bother posting again? This thread could have 200 people saying 'yes' that doesn't mean the lore goes through.

Cant wait for Tythus to slap down the no guns again.