[✗] [Lore] Musketry

Hanrahan

Gun Lore #14673, just stop

18 minutes ago, Ryloth said:

Haskir sings a to-ro-ro and a ro-ro-ro for the Imperial State Grenadiers! He smiles for the camera before dialing up @Jentos on his copper-wired landline Novellan Phone. "Jolly old chap my boy Gamling, come on down to the local pub! Drinks on me, my old pal!"

Gamling draws out a puff from his orcish slave-picked tobacco cigarette, adjusting his wig. Hearing the phone ring he walks up, and slides it up to his hear. "And, Haskir, you old cat ! Yes - yes, a drink, and a game of bridge ? Or would you I dial up the boys for a game of basketball?" He asked with a smile. "By - the - by, have you heard of 'em new invention, they call them guns." He paused "Yes, you see, they claim it hits like a crossbow, whereas it tears your back off. How amusing, innit ? Anyhow, let me finish this piece of legislation and I'll be right off. You know how much I love legislation !" He said vividly with a great smile, returning to writing hate-speech against those sickly anti-wigs failing to appreciate modern Orenian culture. 

I'm over seeing this same topic map in and map out just to get the same answer every time. Where are the good priorities? Where is actual progress? No player community seems to be on the same page about LoTC historical concepts, but the hysteria of IRL Humanity Histories only surrounds the community of Orenia mostly. 

Staff barely re-established the server's ability to wage war-claims, yet can't seem to connect a healthy competition between opposing nations. In medieval ages blood by the sword is the most challenging and competitive skill, but staff also just re-implemented 1.9 for the second time since Axios which changed up the combat dynamic; there doesn't need to be another thing to fix combat in a different direction whether in CRP or PVP. Yet crossbows are also relatively new so I don't see a point in trying to modify that just to serve a specific community's desire to be more of a modern era.

This would only serve a specific community that has been wanting such a thing for years on end now.

Humanity Expectations of the 2nd Age: 

war-of-1812-the-battle-of-york-april-27-1813.jpg

End of LoTR 2nd Age:

E665006ab5987d0fa4a47ed486b93dd09a219e64_00.thumb.jpg.32c5615a5e5f180496e0652b4c8ba42e.jpg

Ah yes because I love living in colonial times. Just stop trying to break the damn lore, guns are ****

5 minutes ago, grnappa said:

Agreed. And that's why there is the stipulation at the bottom of the application where if one party does not consent to musketry RP, then it reverts to crossbow mechanics. I think Hanrahan's intention here is that it is a CSGO retexture of the crossbow into a musket.

That's kind of dumb to submit lore that only applies for people who want the lore to exist. How does one teach a class in an LOTC university about these firearms? When somebody who does not like the gun lore and always reverts gun CRP to crossbow mechanics walks into the classroom, does the entire class suddenly switch to learning about crossbows, or does the player who roleplays in a world without firearms see their character learn about firearms that do not exist in their own version of the lore?

If the lore needs an opt-out mechanic to be fair, maybe it should be reconsidered. I want lore to be server-wide and universal and not subject to whomever the lore is being applied to.

Like, I don't think an OP magic that uses "well it's ok you can just opt out of this magic applying to you and have it revert to fire evo rules!" as its excuse would be accepted on LOTC, just saying.

5 minutes ago, Caelria said:

As we well know, Urguan has had both a train and steam based ships for some time;

Incorrect, we dwarves don’t have trains since they were denied by LT some time ago. We have steamships, yes, but it is HEAVILY limited.

2 minutes ago, Jentos said:

Gamling draws out a puff from his orcish slave-picked tobacco cigarette, adjusting his wig. Hearing the phone ring he walks up, and slides it up to his hear. "And, Haskir, you old cat ! Yes - yes, a drink, and a game of bridge ? Or would you I dial up the boys for a game of basketball?" He asked with a smile. "By - the - by, have you heard of 'em new invention, they call them guns." He paused "Yes, you see, they claim it hits like a crossbow, whereas it tears your back off. How amusing, innit ? Anyhow, let me finish this piece of legislation and I'll be right off. You know how much I love legislation !" He said vividly with a great smile, returning to writing hate-speech against those sickly anti-wigs failing to appreciate modern Orenian culture. 

"Gamling, you old rat!" called Jeffrey the man through a bananaphone "Have you seen this blasphemy? The orenians are attempting to invent some witch-like weaponry!" he told him in a panicked tone "It is utterly unacceptable!"

Upon further reading:

I'm not a fan of the rolling for damage system. It presents itself like D&D, though more often than not, in LOTC, rolling is accuracy not the damage, and I can't see any narrative benefits to killing because you got lucky and rolled a 20.

It says roll for accuracy at 10+ blocks or more, and roll for damage at 2 blocks or less, but it says nothing of the in-between.

To elaborate on my previous (brief) point, a separate application altogether for Muskets is a bad idea. A Feat maybe, but we don't need anymore totally separate things behind RP.

I dont support muskets in LOTC generally speaking, just my criticism other than that they dont fit, and ultimately have more power than a crossbow, which makes it hard to use them interchangeably behind 'aesthetics'.

If this passes I'm creating a steam revolution in Urguan

24 minutes ago, bugbytes21 said:

Memes and jokes aside. I am seeing comments here stating "we have elven magic" and crossbows. Which are essentially the "same thing" or similar in nature. If so, then why not just add muskets then? If we have things already similar it should not tip the balance of power on the server. In the late medieval era we had muskets. Should add it then, muskets adds a whole new type of combat RP into the mix, a fresh face for old players and a fun experience for new players 

Ah yes, my favorite argument. "In order to get a whole new type of combat and RP, please approve this thing that we promise is literally the exact same thing as something we already have. No, I won't explain how something like we have will cause things to be totally different, I'll just assume you don't see this little trick I'm trying to pull."

29 minutes ago, Taketheshot said:

Probably, that or you eat my soul and wipe my memories, some sorta magical stuff. 

Should probably get up to date with magic lore before talking about stuff that was removed or does not exist before making an argument about it. 

this won't pass cause of all the screamers, if it acts the same as a crossbow then whats the issue, your arguments about 'half the server don't want it' is ridiculous cause I guarantee half the server don't want magic either yet we still have it

1 minute ago, Screecher said:

"Gamling, you old rat!" called Jeffrey the man through a bananaphone "Have you seen this blasphemy? The orenians are attempting to invent some witch-like weaponry!" he told him in a panicked tone "It is utterly unacceptable!"

"Jeffrey, darling, dinner is ready!" said Tarathiel from the outside grill! "We've got genetically modified fried potatoes and lab-grown beef burgers tonight!" 

27 minutes ago, Taketheshot said:

In truth the people outside of the magic clique have no real idea what type of magic one has, most of us only really encounter it when the mage decides to walk up and rip apart our bodies at the molecular level or other such attacks.

I gotchu

1. Click where the red circle is and scroll down

step1.png.ad7f1db298e5b6bca7cb43c5625b7135.png

2. Scroll until you reach the lore tab, then click on the link called "Implemented Lore"

step2.png.96bac3f3d75048213fd18bb84b0010d2.png

3. At the bottom, click on the tab that says "Magic Lore" and go crazy

step3.thumb.png.a26b113dcac3c41e964c2fc5e1d369f8.png

Now you can learn about wtv you want, gamer. There is a lack of magics that rip ppl apart at the molecular level tho, makes u look a bit silly