[✗] [Lore] Musketry

Hanrahan

it literally doesnt matter what we say because even when elves had iphones they wouldnt pass gun lore. why would it be different now.

Okay, honestly. Please tell me this is just a rep farm. I honestly can't wrap my around the fact that people keep trying this when they know the response they are gonna get.

Okay so to give more than just a "No" (Although really, just saying "No" is fairly valid considering this is like the 7th time you lot bring this up lol, it's been argued to death and you've been proven wrong every time.)

If you say that guns are the same as crossbows, you're stupid. Crossbows, unless they are very very heavy siege crossbows do not shoot through plate, guns do. Crossbows cannot be kept loaded for extended periods of time, guns can. (Especially if you're going to use flintlocks and cartridges). There is a reason the world switched to gunpowder weaponry. 

This lore piece proposes a weapon that can shoot through plate armour while being relatively easy to carry and potentially capable of attaching a bayonet to. Saying this is the same as crossbows is stupid. Crossbows are cumbersome, akwardly shaped and far heavier if you want the same damage potential against an armoured opponent. You're kidding yourself if this armour piercing potential oneshot weapon isn't going to become the default weapon to carry for soldiers.

But let's say that we don't let rifles pierce armour, right? Do we explain to every new player that it can't because of lore reasons, and deal with them powergaming? You're also kidding yourself if you think guns won't be powergamed more than a crossbow is. You lot powergamed the **** out of cannons when they came out and you want guns?

No.

PS: @TaketheshotStop using badfaith arguments about mages when everyone knows full well mages are really quite balanced right now. Guns don't require you to lose all your stamina and strength, or put irl months into getting it. You know you're just going schizo right now.

26 minutes ago, Shorsand said:

Then you get trains, gatling guns, and eventually the nuclear bomb.

Keep it medieval, return to peasant monke.

Have you heard of the thanium bomb my good friend?

40 minutes ago, TreeSmoothie said:

Guns would be alchemy-locked, or at least, dependent on Alchemy because its a reagent only t3 can produce. 

+1 cos I want to make a monopoly....

have fun

edit: copy of old mage-made gun that was accepted and died two weeks later

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15FqXSOVyK8b75FMAl4TbRS65zZFg1FjuR16nTeab4u8/edit?usp=sharing

guys please don't look up the far cry 3 definition of insanity 

Imagine losing another war. So you want gun lore so you can shoot yourselves, Oren Moment.

Didn't Haense literally have steampunk machines that acted on their own at one point? How is this "too modern".

1 hour ago, Luciloo said:

My favorite part of these threads, are when all the proponents of guns make the false comparison to "elven magic" and then try to claim anyone who disagrees just doesn't like Oren.

Lets see what these people will say when I say

(Me the number one ORENIAN e-girl)

7 Tips for Saying No Effectively | Inc.com

So, guns in the server area terrible idea cause people easily power game anything and sadly idiots on this server does not understand that this is a mineman server not real life. But unfortunately people's confidence in real life are so low that they decide to go on a mineman role-play server to try to power game. Guns, will for sure, cause power gaming. There is nothing which can tell me it wouldn't

Sorry Han, this is not a good idea. And I disapprove of this idea.

4 minutes ago, Cheezzy_Garlik said:

Imagine losing another war. So you want gun lore so you can shoot yourselves, Oren Moment.

copium bro u a norlander?

Doesn't fit the aesthetic of the server. Simple as

idc whether you want muskets or not just pretend I'm saying something incredibly based rn that makes u want to give me rep