[✗] [Lore] Musketry

Hanrahan

12 minutes ago, Temp said:

Lackluster time to kill that's ill suited for the environment we've got. If folks were RPing literal units, that'd be one thing as at least someone among the victims has a means of survival and a means of continuing the story in a meaningful or impactful manner. As is, it'd just incentivize ignoring firearms as meme RP because they're pretty much just free 1-emote kills / 1 'enemy is able to see this emote as the rest were in #q or done 45 blocks away' emote kills.

did... did u read the rules i proposed t_t

39 minutes ago, Monkee said:

Yes Chad Meme Notebook: Journal for Kids, Teens, Gamers (6 x 9 in.): Inc.,  Meme Notebooks: 9798675022533: Amazon.com: Books

except, wheelbarrows, cranes, and some of the other stuff u mentioned was invented long before the medieval era

We'd also have to get rid of compasses.

1 minute ago, Hanrahan said:

Whole heartedly irrelevant. Folks can't be bothered to read the movement rules for CRP nevermind actually stick to and make proper use of secondary honor systems. 

35 minutes ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

Heavy ploughs:

unknown.png

Wheelbarrows:

unknown.png

Spinning Wheel:

unknown.png

Astrolabe:
unknown.png

Flintlocks (which is what this musket lore is for):

unknown.png

If you wanna make a historical argument please stick to firearms that actually existed in the medieval europe AKA the matchlock arquebus.

Some of those images say medieval, but also https://www.medievalchronicles.com/medieval-history/medieval-inventions-list/

1 minute ago, 1_Language_1 said:

We'd also have to get rid of compasses.

unknown.png

We can have dry compasses, but not liquid ones.

2 minutes ago, 1_Language_1 said:

Wheelbarrows and heavy ploughs aren't on there because they were invented in china before the medieval period

11 minutes ago, Hanrahan said:

I read it. It doesn't mention a maximum range. Please give it a maximum range or, if this is accepted (which I doubt) I'll get a friend and do a musket duel from opposite ends of the map so that the Lore Team is forced to give it a maximum range.

12 minutes ago, Temp said:

Whole heartedly irrelevant. Folks can't be bothered to read the movement rules for CRP nevermind actually stick to and make proper use of secondary honor systems. 

then why does any lore have rules dude what the hell

Let's get actual conflict instead of just Tea RP and bad rules for a start.

7qtlw2rEfVlNZCmcA4heiNrdeV1FXHP1zi6SwDRJu9QfoyRAIIMi0PbW-rfa3SjfGCQ1tTlrQWfZYqKOAUZDCmGbe3mWAtn9qY1i3DqApWpGI_tKfTE1lOt2l2fcpnNffK1oHK-2

I wonder what would happen if someone tried to do transfiguration on a musket, would it shoot balls of fire? How would it not explode with the gunpowder--

i already ******* loathe 'shoots head' rp with bows or crossbows since that shows me someone has no imaginative potential  and  tells me the person isnt trying to create good rp and it is in my opinion that guns would only exacerbate that problem but im just a dirty magic rper so like idk man

This lore is excellent. We should absolutely implement this into the server.

+1 and good work @Hanrahan

repfarm operation activated

give me rep, i do not think that muskets belong on Lord of the Craft. the goddess @Luciloo has already stated many, many facts on the thread, and i have no need to say anything further than for all of you to go and look at her statements on how this confoundingly stupid idea shouldn't be allowed any place on this server.

i can understand a desire for development, but i've already laid witness to such 'developments' abused by those who can get their hands on it. irrelevant to any nation whatsoever. I have no opinion about Oren, about Haense, about any other nation. I'm making this clear so that people don't tell me that I hate Oren, or x and y nation. It's absurd how such a **** argument is being used to oppose the swathes of tuts of disapproval from the vast majority of the server. Not only this, but those who speak of 'Elven Magic' with no idea on how Magic actually functions on this server have been silenced by @yandeer and other people. Why don't you go and do something more useful, like actually ask some ST about the state of Magic? Considering you have no clue how it actually functions, the strength of voidal magic in general, and such and so forth, you should save yourself further embarrassment and go and learn, instead of making stupid, ignorant statements to oppose all of the comments of disapproval.