About Han’s musket post...

Urahra

im glad telanir exists so guns get shot down every time. get it... shot down.

3 hours ago, gameingg said:

Who cares about if someone says mean words about your mineman gun lore? It's the internet, why do you give a **** about what strangers say to you?

I mean things can still hurt and some are more prone to "Laughing it off and not giving a damn" but some aren't. I get the argument, and while I don't think guns should be on the server I also don't think people should be toxic on either sides and being toxic to a toxic player is kinda just getting to their level.

That said just saying no isn't really that hurtful imo, even if it isnt constructive

I've been here a while and when I cared more about the server I basically read every lore submission. That's not me bragging, just prefacing. I've seen new players post wack ass techlock breaking **** and you know what happened? Polite critique. Hanrahan has a uh... reputation if you will. A reputation for toxicitiy and breaking the techlock more times then I care to count. People are toxic there because hanrahan is literally the embodyment of "How many times do we have to teach you this lesson old man?" at this point. Also people have been shitposting gun lore well before Oren went through a colonial phase so people saying it's an attack against Oren really need to put down the victim card.

I wholeheartedly agree with this post. I stand with poor folk like Sorcerio, etc, who have received such horrid abuse in the past...

unknown.png5738b8c33cc16a0c6f129d7fbfe2939e.png

The argument against gun-tech on this server is one that's pointless patronizing and ultimately derived from the arbitrary opinion of folks who who like to circle-jerk constantly and dunk on new ideas to make themselves feel big.

Edited by Tiresiam

8 hours ago, ScreamingDingo said:

@Urahra

I want to say this as a player observing and not formally as the administration. But I believe that this treatment would not be extended to a newer player, those that have no clue of the systems or the pre-established precedents surrounding and such.

I disagree with the outburst shown on that post, but I understand why people have done this. It's almost a six-month argument with @Hanrahan at the spearhead. It's a repeated thing where people have demonstrated their dislike, and the people's concerns are bashed with toxicity as the same goes with those supporting it. It's a mismatch horrid situation, but I think overall I hope it puts to rest this entire debacle for at least as long as I'm Story Admin. 

It is very much a slap in the face to the playerbase that has witnessed this and believe their own roleplay is being squashed by a playerbase that they believe does not interact with the server beyond itself. I understand completely the heated argument, but it charges from the communities that represent it and their appeared intent. I do not wish or endorse that if this was a new person, but I also believe the server would definitely not react in such a way if it was a bystander who made a post that didn't follow formats and such. 

If you don't like guns, and someone suggests adding guns, a sane, proportionate response is "I would not like guns." You could list reasons for why they wouldn't fit in with the setting. You could cite lore. There are a lot of things you could do actually. I think for the most part the responses to the thread tried to be civil and constructive, to varying effect.

But if, like certain members of the Story Team and its associated magic community, you have a festering persecution complex "spearheaded" by one guy, you lose your absolute **** every time they're mentioned. Your pupils dilate at the sight of [Lore] Musketry, your capillaries contract, draining the color from your skin. You begin visibly sweating as you write write "NO NO NO," and then paste the link to your group chat so your friends can upvote you saying "NO NO NO." 

If you are in the "fantasy medieval aesthetic" community on this server you have no reason to believe your roleplay is being squashed by anyone. You have been repeatedly backed up by the administration. There are half a dozen independent nations and settlements catering to your ostensible taste for medieval roleplay. If you choose to see other people's lore proposals as a threat to you, you own the responsibility for it. No one else is the villain here.

I don't think Hanrahan is a very diplomatic man, but I don't ever see him "bashing (anyone) with toxicity." I think the guy can get emotional at times but it's hard for me not to sympathize with him; people seem to be offended by his persistence more than anything. I was even willing to believe that he had been toxic on the Musket thread until I actually went and read through his post history, which was entirely civil. Do better.

We can argue on whether posting [Lore] Musketry in the wrong format was destined to create a shitstorm, but Hanrahan bears almost no culpability for the unhinged, disproportionate, frankly whiny reactions from the community. 

49 minutes ago, Borin said:

5738b8c33cc16a0c6f129d7fbfe2939e.png

Do not worry, I've forgiven him for his behavior. I - too - can be respectful!

Please give me Rep!

11 minutes ago, monkeypoacher said:

I don't think Hanrahan is a very diplomatic man, but I don't ever see him "bashing (anyone) with toxicity."

54 minutes ago, Borin said:

unknown.png

30 minutes ago, Carson said:

I say this respectfully to you, btw. I do agree that some of the responses on both camps were completely outrageous and uncalled for.

I do not read through Discord chat histories so I had not seen this by the time I posted. It seems I made a simple misjudgment.

3 hours ago, monkeypoacher said:

I do not read through Discord chat histories so I had not seen this by the time I posted. It seems I made a simple misjudgment.

No worries, I getcha. Not meant to attack you, just underlining something pretty important. In regards to the toxicity highlighted before, I think it's completely absurd and wrong for a twenty-something year old to insult a teenager like that.

7 hours ago, Laeonathan said:

Imagine someone who LOVES warhammer dwarves with their grudges, axes, gyrocopters - the general steampunk style.

Do the dwarves run around demanding dwarven gyrocopters just to cry the moment they don't get them, over and over again? No.

Because it's completely breaking the lore and coming up with such an idea is ridiculous, especially bring it up over and over again!

I'm not saying he served the hate, no one does. 

But it was called for. You cannot spit on what people love and expect to be welcomed on a red carpet.

Is that a request cause like I can but that's gonna take a lot of energy and I'm kinda tired right now.

3 hours ago, Spoons said:

Do not worry, I've forgiven him for his behavior. I - too - can be respectful!

Please give me Rep!

rep given Mr Spoon

The Lore was terribly flawed and did did not follow the required format. I keep hearing people say "if there can be cool voidal magic elves and crossbows, why cant there be muskets?" 

And the response is always the same: it is a medieval high fantasy RP server and people inventing muskets does not fit the needs and likes of the general playerbase. Not all orenians want muskets or guns in any way, shape or form. Calling people out for being toxic or frustrated after making a toxic post - that you *know* will set off a landmine of hate - is just silly. He knew the general playerbase hates the idea of having guns. He also knew that posts like this rarely receive good or constructive criticism - and so he could have guessed that the same thing would happen again.