The Surgeon General's Farewell

Maevlin

Katerina Ceciliya frowned heavily upon the news of her retirement. The woman having grown up being mentored by Teni and now the two would part ways. She would do her best to make her proud, that was for sure.

"I will make vy proud Teni, watch over me as I become a better medic day by day!"

Fionn Castaway read the letter of retirement with a solemn look, taking a bottle of carrion out and raising it to the sky "To túr retirement, Aestenia. 'Enjoy; and 'it'." he'd chuckle at the last part and take a swig before continuing to watch the sack of dead rats burn outside the walls of Karosgrad.

Planning on how best to light half the sewers on fire without risking an explosion Friedrich spared a glance to the missive, having to check once more that it was real. Upon his own confirmation he pinched the bridge of his nose and let out a groan.

Stefan B Vyronov looks down at the missive with a sad frown. "Vu were a great Surgeon General and saved every single person in the HRA and much much more. I'm ever so glad for vu being here for the clinic. I wish vu the best and I hope vu find happiness. I am so sorry for how people have treated vu. Vu put in so much effort into the clinic and vu sacrificed so much time and energy to keep it running. Who knows how many would've died if niet for vu."

From the confines of her office, Koenas Annika would read over the missive while enjoying a cup of tea. "Finally." She huffed. "An unethical and neglectful woman. I suppose she took my words to heart." A swift shrug of her shoulders would follow her words before she tossed the missive into the fireplace. "I think I may see if Heinrik wants some." She thought out loud. Picking up an extra tea cup, she would gather up her own along with the warm pot, making her way out of her office. 

Meanwhile, a certain woman would find herself engrossed in the process of enchanting a new atronach limb for a soldier who had lost one of his own.

Finally finishing in the endeavor, Elizabeth Wittenbach would wipe a bit of sweat from her brow she straights her posture with a wince. "Agh..." She grumbles, a hand flying down to her left leg.

Unfortunately, that limb of hers simply hadn't been the same since a spider from the Deepways had turned it to stone. Many of the doctors thought that she would never be able to regain the use of it again, but Aestenia and Maevelin had found a way to let her keep it long enough to find another way.

It wasn't so long ago, she though to herself as she took deep breath. If not for the efforts of the former especially, she might very have one of the limbs she was working on today. But through perseverance and endurance, she was able to prevail.

Upon receiving a copy of the missive from a customer later that day, Eliza would sigh. "You will be missed, Aestenia," She murmurs to herself before going back to work.

Spoiler

((Also I'm sorry, but that was a really toxic response @Mady... Like you did before her, Lily has OOCly put a lot into Haense's medical system to keep it going. I'm sure you know how much crap medical RPers have to go through on a daily basis. I think it's worth it to set aside whatever quarrel ya'll have rather than airing your IRP grievances publicly on the LotC forums.))

Forsooth did some wizened lari of repute recline into a chair, rubbing at what had prior been her right leg - now an unfeeling facsimile of metal and ash that bore her weight in some brusque replacement of genuine flesh. A scoff would emerge from her maw as she regarded the missive, crumpling it in a hand wrought of some blackened metal; that mali'thill who had done so much to care for her, now gone with the wind, as the ashes of the prior Koenas had been. Within that which still remained of flesh and bone, a toast might be raised; a glass of whiskey, teeming with golden mana. 

"You will be missed, lari'onn... You were the best of your craft, and I do not look forwards to the casualties soon to follow." Henceforth, a resignation two-fold might soon be tendered, for the she-shrike who sought seldom-gained rest in the northern kingdom. 

Spoiler

I'd hope that after everything you'd have had the decency to let her leave without a fuss @Mady. Really immature and caustic response, esp. after all that Lilly has done for Haense as Surgeon General, Queen, and Grand Lady - OOCly and IRPly. 

Spoiler

You were a real one Lily, always saw the frequent hardworks and dedication you put into the clinic, inspiring others to have a spoonful of what the field of medical Roleplay can offer, hats off to you ma'am. 

Spoiler

((My response was strictly left for roleplay and how my character is, I'd hope ya'll as staff would understand that @altiar1011 @AndrewTech))

2 minutes ago, Mady said:
  Reveal hidden contents

((My response was strictly left for roleplay and how my character is, I'd hope ya'll as staff would understand that @altiar1011 @AndrewTech))

Spoiler

Being a staff member doesn't mean that I'm prohibited from expressing my opinion on the matter at hand. 🤷‍♂️ All I'm saying is that Lily worked hard, should let her have her moment.

Spoiler

again, its rp. If there is an issue with it, lilly can come to me herself. 

Aldrik Baruch tossed one of many silver mina coins into the air as he read over an old judicial ruling through teary eyes.

"Best thing to happen to me, besides the wife of course."

Maisie d'Arkent signed the lorraine as she'd arrive home from the earlier visit to Haense to make sure her dear friend was safe, considering the outbreak. As she made her way into the Augustine, a courtier would run up squealing "The Surgeon General of Haense has quit!"

Maisie's boney fingers gripped the paper, reading it over and letting out a sigh. "Some woman just cannot take it." she'd utter half-hazardly, a tinge of sadness in her voice. Knowing fully well she was at her ends wit, though using this letter as a reminder to not give up, for there is much to come.  

5 minutes ago, Mady said:
  Hide contents

again, its rp. If there is an issue with it, lilly can come to me herself. 

Spoiler

Sometimes it takes someone else to speak up for those they care about. Your reply was in bad taste, simply put.