A Commentary Tabloid: The Year 1824

A Commentary Tabloid:

The Year 1824

UQNTkmufGG_ic7Xv3Q7LMbaU8sSfLDefXnJxlyaQDBvKmrpZadlorXX-oTct3i1IOv2JfyNtu_sFVOh8K3QVYTCIhhLCnZpxPM4OJSAdaCchwRASLJ8tXw2aO7rWlr0jseLFDtZH

The drawing of a rose from the Imperial Gardens

A N N O   D O M I N I 1824

Penned by, TH Lady of Thorns

The City of Providence and Karosgrad have been bustling with life within their respected courts! New people, fights, and mysteries to read and discover. So come along on this writer's dramatic retelling of these classy ladies.

Dowager-Countess and Granddaughter are not the best around one another!

Though this is probably the least interesting observation on this list, Dowager-Countess Aimee and the new Duchess of Cathalon, Leopoldine, were seen physically punching each other in the streets of Providence! 

The fight started with Duchess-Consort Leopoldine winning, but quickly shifted to Aimee getting the upper hand! Giving her granddaughter a black eye that was seen around the courts. 

No one knows what this fight was about, but it leaves those to wonder? Did Leopoldine disrespect her grandfather? Or perhaps marry for power! It only leaves us to speculate.

Along with the relationship of this Grandmother and Granddaughter, some time ago within the Orenian streets I have heard that the Duke and the Duchess-Consort decided it was a swell idea to attempt to place the Countess-Dowager in her ‘place’... Telling her of what titles and such she should use now due to the passing of the previous count Ostromir. I don’t think the ‘couple of Cathalon’ could’ve picked a worst time or place for such. In this writer’s opinion I say the ‘granddaughter’ is a rather stuck up piece of work. I pray to the great divine God that the Duke will handle her, and possibly even humble her.

Lady Tatiana is Fat

It turns out, Lady Tatiana was not pregnant but simply fat! The Karosgrad Duma called the poor woman fat in the middle of a session, not to even mention how she was in a wheelchair and not able to fix her precarious situation. 

Later being nicknamed “Tatty the Fatty” by Gwynevere Colborn

Musin Insult Emperor

After the gracious Emperor of Oren held court in late 1823 to celebrate the win Oren had against Norland, the MoJ Musin, Holly, was heard stating some nasty words against the Emperor.

Just earlier in that court, the silly Musin tried to get knighted, and of course, was denied. Holly’s reaction later was saying “That old man was mean.” How crude! The Musin isn’t going to be given citizenship if they do not get their act together.

Helena of Rochford

The timid and shy girl, Helena Charlotte, recently made her way into the Augustine. She is the only daughter of Richard, a traitor to the empire. The Emperor was quick to remind the girl of her roots, almost as soon as the girl made her way into the Augustine. Perhaps the Musin was onto something.

Nonetheless! The girl was noticeably thin, shy, and unhappy. That led onlookers into speculating that she was abused by her prior caretakers. She was quickly taken under the wing of the d’Arkents, so hopefully, she shall be safe. We can only pray for this youth.

Ailred var Ruthern misses the birth of his firstborn?

Ailred misses his baby girl being brought into this world, poor Fenika, we will hope she will stay healthy to raise the baby. But no big deal, this writer will wait to see if the couple is more active and seen doing things together. Our prayers go out to the relationship of the two, and the beautiful daughter.

Signed,

Lady of Thorns

The Helena of Rochefort  grimaced upon surveying the paper, that frown did remain for the rest of that evening before casting such into the hearth upon her evening tutorledge  "I.. am more than just his daughter.. If only they could spell my name correctly. Alas, some remain uneducated. Perhaps I shall pray for this poor soul during mass. Wait.. Richard isn't my papa?"

The Edwin Henry de Sarkozy reads the tabloid, a frown carrying onto his face. "Fools, the lot of these writers."

“Rochefort.” remarks a certain occasional scholar by the name of Friedrich van Haeger as he glosses through the tabloid, tossing it to the table afterward with a sigh. “Not Rochford. How is it that women with not a shred of literary competency keep endeavouring to become tabloid writers?”

Anthony Bentarus, the Editor-in-Chief of the Providence Post, rolls his eyes at the debut of yet another gossip rag.

"Don't these people have anything better to do with their time? Why not report on real news? Important happenings in the world?" He asks himself.

"Rumor mongering isn't a good look for anyone. Ironically, if she asked me for a job, I might even hire her... Teach her how to do some real reporting."

5 hours ago, Lady of Thorns said:

Musin Insult Emperor

After the gracious Emperor of Oren held court in late 1823 to celebrate the win Oren had against Norland, the MoJ Musin, Holly, was heard stating some nasty words against the Emperor.

Just earlier in that court, the silly Musin tried to get knighted, and of course, was denied. Holly’s reaction later was saying “That old man was mean.” How crude! The Musin isn’t going to be given citizenship if they do not get their act together.

Holly squints at the paper and carries it over to her friend mr.John Napier, @Hanrahan

"They lie about holly!! holly did not ask to be knight holly ask's for RIGHTS!! to be added to ORC! holly also did not say bad things about emperor holly said priest man who was behind MOJ was mean for calling holly rat entire time! holly will find paper writer!"

5 hours ago, Lady of Thorns said:

Dowager-Countess and Granddaughter are not the best around one another!

Though this is probably the least interesting observation on this list, Dowager-Countess Aimee and the new Duchess of Cathalon, Leopoldine, were seen physically punching each other in the streets of Providence! 

The fight started with Duchess-Consort Leopoldine winning, but quickly shifted to Aimee getting the upper hand! Giving her granddaughter a black eye that was seen around the courts. 

No one knows what this fight was about, but it leaves those to wonder? Did Leopoldine disrespect her grandfather? Or perhaps marry for power! It only leaves us to speculate.

Along with the relationship of this Grandmother and Granddaughter, some time ago within the Orenian streets I have heard that the Duke and the Duchess-Consort decided it was a swell idea to attempt to place the Countess-Dowager in her ‘place’... Telling her of what titles and such she should use now due to the passing of the previous count Ostromir. I don’t think the ‘couple of Cathalon’ could’ve picked a worst time or place for such. In this writer’s opinion I say the ‘granddaughter’ is a rather stuck up piece of work. I pray to the great divine God that the Duke will handle her, and possibly even humble her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lACoAxJkfO8

WAXING cackling coursed within and without the melancholy which ringstraked the labyrinthine halls of the KREMLIN ANAVET; reaping and reverberating ever –– once, and twice, and thrice, those humoured tongues rapt and haunted the selvedge tapestries, juxtaposing the wicked miasma which furbished that keep. Forsooth, had the dire psalms become of none but the liege lord VLADISLAV OSTROBOR OF WOLDZMIR, the thalassic cerulean of either eye duly surveying the notice, inlaid creases dimpling coeval ends of his lips as he thusly beamed sevenfold with a belligerent delight, maw descending with mirth and merriment to erupt in candid humour.

ALAS, whereafter some trifling frames at instances did manage about and pass, the ever amused wavelengths which metastasised through the fourfold corners of the lord's chamber foundering some: unto laughter; and then, mere chuckling; and thus, the impregnable brass of quietude occupied the bedchamber once more, sans oft the due snickers of the positively loquacious man. He constrained naught of the semblance of jubilance, from his lineaments, however the impertinent nature of the tabloid –– no less the matter of its concern with his kith, either. Dulling in his instance of joviality, he did bide part of his lips to let sound unto the room once more, penetrating the silence of the chamber and suturing about thereof with meagre murmurs:

"And yet, I've no mention in the matter? Myself, for whom the great brawl did spur of the request thereof? Mm, no matter. In any case, I am verily humoured by this notice. How… wickedly delightful, indeed."

927px-Rembrandt_Harmenszoon_van_Rijn_-_T

Leopoldine was informed by her displeased father, that she had been written about. Her visage turned somewhat sour, her head shaking. "I would have thought they had gotten over the phase of those nasty tabloids? Quite saddening to see such lies, in truth. Had they at least done a little bit of research, one could easily see how the story was twisted to fit my step-grandmother's point of view."

Soon thereafter, her face turned pale as she realized just who the author may be due to the foolish use of details only the 'couple' - and perhaps another person could know...

"We team Aimee out here, even the tabloid team Aimee, on God."  Said the Countess-Dowager to herself, sitting in her most beautiful city mansion.

Edited by Levicourpos

Tatiana, also known as 'Tattie the Fattie', shrieks from inside the walls of Greyspine upon reading her name plastered across the tabloids yet again. "But Adalia said I lost the weight!" She'd exclaim before rushing to Karosgrad to continue her laps around the square.

The almost middle-aged Svyatoslav would read the commentary, he bursts out of laughter. "K chertu moyu golovu! Ea like this, ea really do. At least this is something to keep mea amused, blyat" The man continued to laugh at the insult made upon the Emperor and the section where it describes that Tatiana is supposedly fat.

Edited by sashimichopped

Sat by the fireplace within the Royal Chambers of the Nikirala Prikaz, Koenas Annika would be happily munching on a bowl of sweets as she let out a fit of laugher. "Oh Aimee, I must hear this story when we meet next." She chuckled, reading about the fight the Dowager-Countess had been apart of. "Heinrik vy must come read this!" She called out into the room to her husband sat at his desk. @Rudi

giphy.gif