A call to Musin Leader Toffee for Resolution

Tentoa

An Open Letter to Boss Toffee, Heir of the Crumbling Keep.

I am a musin, some of you may know me as Toast. My Brother Egg and I have long labored in pursuit of prosperity for our people and our ways. In recent years we have suffered greatly at the hands of descendants and though we are not fighters we are not without our defenses, not without our cleverness, not without minds capable of greater feats than we have committed to. The Alchemical arts are not beyond us as many would claim, we are not an ignorant nor ignoble people. Under your leadership Boss Toffee more musin have died than in any other point in history since Great Musin himself lead our escape from the clutches of Ratiki, your juvenile behavior and inaction have acted as a bad apple amongst the buschel and spoiled the lot. We are capable of more, we are going to be more. It is now a plea for your sensibilities, will you submit to the truth of your inefficacies as leader and step aside that a more bold and clever Musin might be elected to lead, or shall you sit upon your high horse and dawdle to postpone peaceful resolution and make violent revolution the inevitable solution? Make your decision, step up or step aside for every moment you wait our people dwindle and die and we can afford your thumb twiddling no longer. 

Dictated, I cannot read
-Toast.

Immediately after finishing her letter to Needle, Toffee begins to formulate a letter to Toast.

”Dear Toast,

I absolutely refuse to step down. I have stepped up for my people a number of times, seeking to improve relations with other descendants diplomatically.

Please keep note that Needle and Co., and any war-mongering mice, have continuously decreased and damaged our reputation that I have worked so hard to hold to high standard. They have outdone years of friendly reparations with ill-advised and scheming missives towards the nations of the land.

A Musin heir has never stepped down before, and in our darkest hour, we will not succumb to further external pressure.

Sincerely, Toffee.”

signature(4).png.e39fc07d01a86e21a6d897a79de2113f.png

Paprika stroked her whiskers in contemplation of this conflict.  "Toffee says we steal things, but we don't; it's not stealing to take what's not being used, and to keep it from being wasted!" proclaimed the musin to her two sisters as they rested beneath the shade of an oak.  "But this Needle fellow scares me, I don't want any life of battle or adventure in the slightest!  It's all bad news, what's good for a life away from the comfort of your burrow? Away from a warm meal, or your hoard of goods?!  This new land has infected our kind a dangerous ambition, I tell you!  I'm tired of the Mousehole and I'm tired of these other castles. . . We need to find a new place that's quiet!"

@ShannonLeigh@doreebear